Enlarged Uterus with Fibroids & PCOS - Anyone Else? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Enlarged Uterus with Fibroids & PCOS - Anyone Else? Enlarged Uterus with Fibroids & PCOS - Anyone Else?

Unread 09-13-2016, 11:02 AM
Enlarged Uterus with Fibroids & PCOS - Anyone Else?

Hi I am new and this is my first post. I have an enlarged uterus, about the size of a 5 month pregnancy with fibroids. I also have PCOS. My Dr. says a hysterectomy is in my very near future as I have pelvic pain, groin pain, lower back pain hurts to walk. I am scheduled tomorrow for a D n C with uterine biopsy just to rule out uterine cancer before scheduling the hysterectomy. My breast are tender and sore more often than normal. I am just wondering if anyone else has experienced the same issues that I am currently going through?
Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-13-2016, 11:37 AM
Re: Enlarged Uterus with Fibroids

So glad you found us!
I too had an enlarged uterus with grapefruit-sized fibroids. In fact I had one outside of the uterus that sat up so high it was under my rib cage! So I know how you feel. I wish you luck with the DNC and hope they rule out cancer quickly. I feel so much better after having my hysterectomy (June 2015) and getting rid of all that junk! We'll be here to support you through your journey!

Unread 09-13-2016, 12:16 PM

Thanks so much for your feedback. It does help knowing others are going through or have been through the same thing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-13-2016, 04:41 PM

Yep, I had a grapefruit sized 'broid with 14+ rowdy roommates. The only symptom I had was irregular and heavy bleeding, but interestingly, having them evicted along with their baggage has cured a few other things which I thought were just middle-aged lady stuff .

I hope your biopsy reveals no cancer.
Unread 09-13-2016, 05:00 PM

Yep same here! Fibroids causing heavy, clotty bleeds. Severe anemia at my annual physical in November 2016. So glad my uterus has been evicted! Mine was 15week pregnancy size, YIKES that made me cringe a bit. Your doctor is following the correct steps. I had the same procedure plus ablation and hysteroscope (sp?). Those didn't work to stop my bleeding. So Laproscopic Supracervical Hysterectomy with tubes removed did the trick!
Good luck to you!
Unread 09-13-2016, 05:48 PM

I had the same charming huge twisted fibroids and an enlarged uterus - they all were having a field day pressing on my other organs - especially my bladder. My lower back and pelvic area were constantly visited by my heating pad.
As a bonus, I had several tests that determined I had a huge pelvic mass, ovarian cysts and misc carrying on going on. Three separate doctors told me pre surgery I probably had cancer. Luckily my pre-cancerous cells were removed during surgery, so no further treatment was needed.

I hope your tests turn out well. If you haven't already done so, please consider getting other medical opinions. In my view, that is the best way for you to learn all your doctors. You owe it to yourself to learn as much as you can, prior to your surgery.

We all wish you a good outcome on your upcoming test tomorrow. Please let us know how you are doing - we are here for you.

Hugs.

PS - please check out this article: PCOS. If you look to the right of this article, you can find related articles as well.
The skill of your surgeon is of utmost importance!
Unread 09-14-2016, 04:26 AM

Good morning bellen, another fibroid sister here. I had a Florida grapefruit pressing on my bladder, and I could hardly wait to get rid of it! As I've heard from other sisters, fibroids can cause pain like what you're experiencing, so they should resolve after your surgery. I don't know anything about PCOS, but breast issues like yours are usually hormonal in origin, so they might be related to that. I had a biopsy done with my surgery to make sure there was no cancer, and it was negative. Here's hoping you have a negative biopsy, a successful surgery and a smooth recovery!
Unread 09-14-2016, 04:41 PM
Re: Enlarged Uterus with Fibroids & PCOS - Anyone Else?

Thank you all for your stories. My D n C went well today. Biopsy sent off for a pathology report and my dr says everything looked as he expected. He doesn't seem to think it will come back cancerous. My follow up appointment is scheduled for the 28th and we will go from there. Thanks again.
Unread 09-14-2016, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellen View Post
Thank you all for your stories. My D n C went well today. Biopsy sent off for a pathology report and my dr says everything looked as he expected. He doesn't seem to think it will come back cancerous. My follow up appointment is scheduled for the 28th and we will go from there. Thanks again.
Hi Bellen

At least this hurdle is behind you

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register