Received my US results today, now what do they mean? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Received my US results today, now what do they mean? Received my US results today, now what do they mean?

Unread 08-11-2014, 03:10 PM
Received my US results today, now what do they mean?

Good afternoon,
I finally picked up my US results today and need to understand them before I meet with my surgeon. A little history before I go on. I was diagnosed with a fundal fibroid a year ago. It was 3.6x3.9x3.5mm. I was have weird cycles that were becoming so heavy I had to wear adult diapers. I had a biopsy it was clear, and my blood work came out good. We were scheduled to go for surgery but my insurance cancelled 2 weeks before because I had overextended my benefits being diagnosed. Well, since that time I have had the lupron shots, progesterone, and eating 8 advils a day. I was hospitalized twice in the last 3 weeks because my bladder refused to empty. I saw a gyno and did not like her but went for the US. Here are the results can you please help me understand them so I can look up what options I may have.
My uterus is 14.2x6.2x7.6 cm, the fundal transmural fibroid is now 5.5x6.9x5.8 cm. The endometrium is 12mm complex appears normal. R ovary is 40x12x24 mm (vol 6.2 mL) contains a simple follicular cyst with normal blood flow. The L ovary is 26x10x24mm (vol 3.3 mL) and contains multiple follicles. It has normal blood flow. No adexal mass or fluid.
I understand you are not doctors but to be honest i am really tired of not getting answers from them either so your knowledge and input will be helpful for me. I want to make a list of questions for new dr.
Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-11-2014, 09:31 PM
Re: Received my US results today, now what do they mean?

So much for a support group ....thanks for nothing.
Unread 08-11-2014, 11:03 PM

It sounds like what you want is for us to do the work for you. Google all the terms we don't know, understand the definitions, and then explain the results in plain English. That's what I did for myself when I received my operative report. I didn't type it all here and asked someone to do the work for me, and then stomp my feet when no one would spend their own time doing something I could do myself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-11-2014, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellegyrl View Post
I want to make a list of questions for new dr.
Hi shellegyrl:

I didn't have similar pre-op diagnosis or ultrasound, but here is a list of questions that you can ask when you meet with your doctor again CLICK HERE.

I hope you are able to find the right answers soon. I am sending huge cyberhugs
Unread 08-11-2014, 11:52 PM
Received my US results today, now what do they mean?

I'm not sure about fundal fibroids and if they require special care. The use of Lupron suggests they do. Was your doctor trying to shrink the fibroid prior to hysterectomy? That is a very serious drug. I don't understand why docs give progesterone to women with fibroids as it seems to stop excessive bleeding for very few. Typically the opposite occurs. Did Lupron shrink it and if so how much? I had UFE for my fibroid 26 month ago. Fibroid was 8.9cm and was 3.6cm 22 months post. I recommend it if possible with Fundal fibroids. In my opinion when a fibroid is in the 5.5 range it is not only uncomfortable for us but the time for treatment is now. My experience is they seem to get worse. Mine went from 5 to to 6.9 in two years. Then to 8.9 in another two years so grew almost 1cm a year over 4 years. I suggest no more progesterone. There are several studies that show fibroids will adapt to progesterone. Doctors counter high estrogen with progesterone but it works for few because it is not estrogen; it is actually an enzyme produced by the fibroid called armataese (probably spelled wrong) that is a mirror of estrogen. Your ovaries seem healthy which is good. I hope a potion of this is helpful.
  Quote:
Originally Posted by shellegyrl View Post
Good afternoon,
I finally picked up my US results today and need to understand them before I meet with my surgeon. A little history before I go on. I was diagnosed with a fundal fibroid a year ago. It was 3.6x3.9x3.5mm. I was have weird cycles that were becoming so heavy I had to wear adult diapers. I had a biopsy it was clear, and my blood work came out good. We were scheduled to go for surgery but my insurance cancelled 2 weeks before because I had overextended my benefits being diagnosed. Well, since that time I have had the lupron shots, progesterone, and eating 8 advils a day. I was hospitalized twice in the last 3 weeks because my bladder refused to empty. I saw a gyno and did not like her but went for the US. Here are the results can you please help me understand them so I can look up what options I may have.
My uterus is 14.2x6.2x7.6 cm, the fundal transmural fibroid is now 5.5x6.9x5.8 cm. The endometrium is 12mm complex appears normal. R ovary is 40x12x24 mm (vol 6.2 mL) contains a simple follicular cyst with normal blood flow. The L ovary is 26x10x24mm (vol 3.3 mL) and contains multiple follicles. It has normal blood flow. No adexal mass or fluid.
I understand you are not doctors but to be honest i am really tired of not getting answers from them either so your knowledge and input will be helpful for me. I want to make a list of questions for new dr.
Thank you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register