family support?! Not! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

family support?! Not! family support?! Not!

Unread 04-16-2007, 09:52 AM
family support?! Not!

Send your mom, MIL and friend each a t shirt that says, "Just visiting this planet."

SHEESH!

TONS of prayers headed your way!

Try the congress person's office? There might be some program that can help you financially???

HUGS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-16-2007, 03:11 PM
family support?! Not!

I have a two year old as well and can totally empathize with your situation--it can be sooo hard to care for them! I had a lap 2 weeks ago and my MIL didn't lift a finger to help either. His whole family thinks I'm just making it up and being over-dramatic. They thought I was having surgery because I just didn't feel like trying anything else! They can be soooo lame, but I think I may hide my pain way too well. I should start whining and complaining all the time so they get the picture!

I'm flying my sister down from BYU--and she'll be staying with me for a month (i'm very fortunate she'll be on sumer break)...do you have any siblings that can stay with you? or un-retarded-non-md friends? Do you have a church group that you could turn too?

I hope it all works out for you--I'll pray that you get the help and support that you need
Unread 04-16-2007, 04:06 PM
family support?! Not!

I must say, all the prayers are working b/c help is coming my way. My husband has one sister. She just happens to have two free weeks and drove down to help with my 2 yr. old. She's a little quirky, but my son is loving her, and I'm thanking God for her support and for the fact that she is not being nasty like her mother! Of course, her mother is furious that she's helping out, but it's probably b/c it makes her feel guilty for being such a lousy MIL.

Then I'll have one week with no childcare, but some friends from church have offered to help. Then, my surgery date has finally been set for May 4th, and I'm supposed to get help for two more weeks after that...but by May 4th my husband's semester has ended so he can take over childcare duties. He is actually in the middle of his prelims right now...they're like the big tests he has to take right before he writes his discertation...it's a crazy time for him, but he is being such a help to me on top of it all.

I've stopped worrying about the money part for now. We'll figure it out somehow. There are student loans. And hospital bills can be paid off very very slowly. Eventually my husband will have a "real job!"
Unread 04-16-2007, 05:14 PM
family support?! Not!

I'm glad to hear you'll have help! Have you thought about asking your church for financial help? I don't know how most churchs work, but mine would provide financial assistance if I needed it for something like this--you might be amazed at how much poeple are willing to help. It couldn't hurt to ask! Good Luck.
Unread 04-16-2007, 10:15 PM
family support?! Not!

I am sorry you are going thru this. Before my surgery when I received comments that were not understanding, I made sure to remind them that is major surgery and there is a reason the Dr. will have me out of work for 6-8 weeks.

Many people do not realize that there is so much internal healing that has to be done. Good luck to you. Hang in there and remember you are making decisions that are best for you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register