Suddenly symptoms?Am I going nuts? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Suddenly symptoms?Am I going nuts? Suddenly symptoms?Am I going nuts?

Unread 08-17-2007, 06:41 PM
Suddenly symptoms?Am I going nuts?

Has anyone ever had this before?

I have supposidly had this gigantic 22 cm fibroid-infested uterus for over a year now. Until I found out about it 2 weeks ago, I have had ZERO symptoms of anything...ok, maybe some heavy periods, that actually sort of fascinated me- how can such huge globs come out of me- wow=kind of cool.

No pain, no cramps, no spotting or lengthy periods...really---nothing at all.

Then I find out about this and am scheduled for a TAH on Sept 20.
(which by the way, is my moms birthday. She is an RN and will be by my side. I told her I hope I don't croak on the table, as that would certainly put a damper on her future birthdays)

Well----ok---now I have pain? Suddenly I have little sharp stabbings that come and go in my ovary area? Suddenly I can "feel" my huge uterus? What is up with that!!!!

Is this the power of suggestion at work?

I am now aware of all these little twinges of pain down there that I never felt before.

I think I am a classic case for a psychologist.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-17-2007, 08:51 PM

O man, that would definitely put a damper on her future birthdays!

I don't know you well enough to say if I think you are going crazy.
I don't see you singing and dancing around the bonfire so you are not as crazy as I am.

Anyway, it may be the power of suggestion or just that the fibroid has gotten large enough to cause some strange feelings. The same thing happened to me.

WARNING, TOO MUCH INFO:

As far as the hugh globs:

I wondered also, how many off these can come out of me?

After five days of sitting on the throne, I felt dizzy (no laughs or comments needed from those who know me, like saying I'm always dizzy!) so I decided it was time 2go2 the castle ER. Another glob came out and I thought, "ok, that must be the last of them, I can't possibly have any more coming out".
I got up and BOOM, on the floor it exploded, looked like someone got shot.
I had a bloody mess to clean up B4 heading to the ER!

I went to a psychologist several years ago, after a bad car accident. He was REALLY cute!! If you wanna come to NJ, I'll give you his name,lol.
Unread 08-17-2007, 09:04 PM

I was the exact same way. I never thought I had I any symptoms. I was surprised when my doctor said I had a 9 cm and 5 cm - turns out those where the small ones and I had a monster in there as well that no one knew about - probably because I'm overweight. Anyway...

When I started focusing on my abdomen and thinking about what was going on in there - it was almost like I "tuned-in" and REALLY starting listening. Before, I ignored everything and went on about my business. But, after I realized what was growing, I started noticing the little pains, the hardness, the bloated feeling, and the exhaustion from anemia.

Now that it's all out and I've had plenty of time for reflection - I WAS having symptoms - I was just ignoring them or explaining them off as something else.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-18-2007, 08:45 AM

I dont think you are going crazy! I had the same experience. After being diagnosed with large fibroids and an oversized uterus i went home that night to reflect and in the middle of the night my 1yr old woke up. I got up to take care of him and... WARNING GRAPHIC RATED YUCK!! I felt like i had peed myself, but low and behold it was blood coming out that fast. Now that in itself is not strange but the fact that i wasnt supposed to start for a week and a half was strange. I put a pad on went back to bed and by the morning it was over. I think that fits into the chronicles for the unexplained!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register