LAVH with repairs scheduled | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

LAVH with repairs scheduled LAVH with repairs scheduled

Unread 12-06-2008, 01:09 PM
LAVH with repairs scheduled

I just turned 35 and am having LAVH, PINNACLE (cystocele repari) elevate ( rectocele repair Vag vault suspension with mesh).

I am so scared, nervous, stomach tossing and turning, can't eat or sleep, and now I find that my doctor's staff is so incompetent.

I think this surgery will be good for me because I have a pretty good rectocele going and it has pretty much ruined my life. The hysterectomy is good because I have a flipped uterus and it causes problems with constipation and pain, which caused my rectocele, plus I have fibroids and endometriosis. I do think I'll feel better after it's all said and done, it is just getting there, getting it over with, and recovering. And not trusting my doctor's staff is killing me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-06-2008, 03:57 PM

I was 33 when I had mine in April of this year.
Unread 12-06-2008, 09:10 PM

OMG, all you ladies are so upbeat...My dr is "sleeping on it" whether to take my ovaries due to recurrent dermoid cysts and I am devastated beyond words at this. I am 36 and not doing well emotionally....how did you ladies get such a great outlook?????help me....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-07-2008, 08:16 AM

I also am 34 with a TAH?BSO scheduled in like 5 days now i think its the 11th. I have 5 babies to come home to one is 11 and a tremendous help around the house, one is 10 and a tremendous help with little brothers and a 3 year old, 23 month old and 4 month old. My Dh is going to be crazy right along with me. I am lucky I will only be "one my own" so to say for a week before my angel arrives My best friend and her boys are coming up for Xmas and she will be here 3 weeks to help me.. YEAH!!! Also all the kids will be home from school. I love my family but they are getting ready for the biggest test so far...How to survive without MAMMA.... I'm so scared today I've been ok up to now. I woke up in a panic that the house isn't ready nor the freezer. But can't fill up freezer in case hubby gets deer...The stress is terrible when you are trying to stay calm. Then there is xmas I have until 11 am on the 11th to finish... Ok attack over deep breath....Ok well must go freak out over something I'm sure I can find plenty...
Unread 12-07-2008, 11:09 AM

Bellajov, believe me, I don't have a really positive outlook right now. I am scared out of my skin, BUT with that comes faith that this surgery will make me feel better and fix all the problems I've been having.

Are you upset because of your ovaries or from the whole surgery? Believe me, I am going through emotional outbursts myself. I cry at the stupidest things. I guess it's because a hysterectomy is the end for sure of me having any more babies, it's permanent. I have one child, he's 15, and I don't want to start all over now, but i WOULD if I ever got pregnant. Now it will be impossible to even have the chance. That gets me upset.

I am sending you {{{hugs}}} and hope you find peace soon.
Unread 12-07-2008, 02:07 PM

I had my total Abdominal Hyst. 19 days before my 30th bday. I also was very aniemic. I had it to to massive bleeding each month to the point I couldnt function and I had had a endometrial ablation few years ago and it was unsuccessful. During my pap examination she say alot of cervical dyplazia that ending up was progressing fast into stage 1 cancer. My aunt kept my son and my neighbor kept my daughter while I was in the hospital and my husband helped at home..
Unread 12-07-2008, 02:52 PM

I am 36, scheduled for my LAVH on December 16th. I have suffered with abnormally heavy periods my entire life and I am SO looking forward to not dealing with worrying about planning my life around my monthly "visitor". I have spoken with three other friends (in their 40's) that have had the procedure performed and they are SO happy with their decision.

I am very nervous, but I know that it will mean freedom from cramps, bloating and letting my period control my life!
Unread 12-07-2008, 03:00 PM

alaska: I am afraid and angry about the whole thing, I have one dd, and I WANT another child....I ache for one actually.....I am 36 and the hormones scare me, what do you feel like afterwards????? what are the side effects...you have to have hormones right? I have not even got to ask the dr any questions yet, I just want to wake up and have this be a dream.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register