fibroids and pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

fibroids and pain fibroids and pain

Unread 05-19-2005, 07:49 PM
fibroids and pain

Hey fellow fibroid sufferers! Does anyone ever have pain when the region around the fibroid is bumped or pushed on? Today my large cat jumped up on my belly ( I guess he couldn't find my lap) and there was a sudden dull pain---beyond what one would expect from a fat cat hitting the stomach! I also had a sudden sharp pain in the same place when the doctor was palpitating externally, and a different kind of pain when he did the internal exam. It doesn't seem to hurt "on it's own", just from an outside force. Is this normal?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-19-2005, 09:43 PM
fibroids and pain

Sorry you're going through this.

I have seen where others have had pain as you have described. Perhaps when your cat jumped on you, your uterus/fibroid pressed on some sort of nerve.....

My uterus and fibroids really didn't hurt all that much. However, it was clear that they were moving around because some days I felt a lump right behind my belly button and some days it wasn't there. Really weird.

Unread 05-20-2005, 08:43 AM
fibroids and pain

The last few days the pain where my fibroids are has been pretty bad. I even went and put the Vicoden RX in this morning that the DR gave me a few weeks ago. I really didn't think I'd need it since the Tylenol 3 were doing the trick but now I'm not so sure. I think I've been going up and down the steps a lot more the last few days then I had been.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-20-2005, 05:01 PM
fibroids and pain

I suspect that the kitty jumping on the fibroid caused the fibroid to push on other organs.

My very painful fibroids were removed 10 days ago -- I feel so much better! Now that it's over, I view them (fibroids) differently. I don't think they have any nerves and therefore do not feel pain, but, they can cause all kinds of pain (or bleeding) when they press on other parts of your body (uterus, bowels, bladder).

I have three fluffy kitties -- you may want to think about putting a pillow by our abdomen when you are sitting or sleeping. Mine walk on me if I am in bed too long and I don't want to know how painful it would be if they landed on my incision.

Hugs,
Travelcat
Unread 05-20-2005, 11:37 PM
fibroids and pain

I just came home from the hospital yesterday after having a 26 week fibroid tumor removed. I told my surgeon I believe I was having more pain before surgery than after. Of course, soon after that I ruptured a suture doing a little too much. Ouch!!
Unread 05-21-2005, 06:40 AM
fibroids and pain

It all depends on where you fibroids are located. I didn't have pain for the first few years that I knew I had them. But in the months before surgery I had a lot of pressure on my bladder, etc. and was feeling a lot of pain. It's not so much from the fibroids but from what they're pushing on.

I can definitely tell that the whole mess is gone. I'm sore from the surgery but all that pressure is gone.
Unread 05-21-2005, 04:52 PM
fibroids and pain

I could not lay on my stomach prior to surgery, and I did have pain if I touched my fibroid area. I had constipation and bladder incontance and inability at times to empty my bladder due to the fibroid. since I have had surgery (the BEST thing I ever did) I now know I had oh so much more pain I was dealing with daily. I no longer have a sore lower back. I can lay on my belly, I no longer am constipated, my pants ( even with this swelly belly ) fit looser than before. I can hardly wait for the green light for sex....it was so uncomfy before and I never told Hubby, I am so looking forward to horizontal activities that have taken a back seat for the last 2.5 years! . I have better posture, and even with the post surgery fatigue I have a bounce in my step I had long since lost .
Life post hysterectomy already is SO much better, and it keeps getting better every day!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register