date is approaching-1 month from today | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

date is approaching-1 month from today date is approaching-1 month from today

Unread 05-22-2004, 10:44 AM
date is approaching-1 month from today

when I got my date for surgery it seemed so far off (June 22) but I realized this morning that it is one month from today...it freaked me out a bit I have to say. Good thing I am pretty busy most of the time with my son and work so hopefully it will go by fast and I won't make myself crazy with worry!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-22-2004, 11:29 AM
1 month to go....

I , too, noticed when it was a month to go....now it is only days away and believe me, hust YESTERDAY it was a month to go. Keep busy, and when you do think of it, think of it fondly...NO MORE PAIN!!!! I got my period yesterday, and all I could think of, was DARNIT! It came 5 days early, just a little zinger that makes me laugh. This is the last one I will EVER have. Hope to hear more from you soon!
Unread 05-22-2004, 02:31 PM

I agree I was thinking the same then realised that my surgery is only two weeks away on Monday! I have the odd bits of panic and know the worse part will be sitting in that hospital room between 1pm and 9pm when my surgery is scheduled, I hope that I can find a good book or find a good film to keep me busy!

Your surgery is on my birthday so Ill be thinking of you and hopefully will be able to let you know how I got on!

Doesnt time play tricks the days go slow sometimes but the weeks fly by!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-22-2004, 09:09 PM
one month to go

I have one month until I visit the castle- I am just a bit nervous but thanks to all you wonderful women, I will be going a very informed woman- I am kind of young(29) to be having this type of surgery but due to the severe pain and bleeding, it is a must. I have a large fibroid (20 wk pregnancy size) and possible endo- I am hoping for a LAVH, but it looks like it will be a TAH- I am worried about the pain afterwards- I am taking percocet now and it does okay but I have to take 2 at time and I hate the constipation!!!!!! I am also worried about becoming addicted- Thank you ladies for all the wonderful posts- Keep up the good info!!!- God bless
Unread 05-22-2004, 09:25 PM
the month away date

My surgery is one month away today also! I was sitting in a workshop today, and at noon I thought, by now in one month, I will be out and at the other side of this, hopefully still with some good pain management at that time! Mine is scheduled for 7:30 am, we have to be at the hospital at 5:30 am, and we live over 100 miles away. The doctor's nurse told me it would be about 4 1/2 hours of surgery. I haven't heard yet about my insurance, and how long they will allow me to be in the hospital afterwards. It is a long ride home, so hopefully they won't kick me out too soon.

I am feeling better now about this than a few weeks ago. I have read more, and talked to more people, and found more research articles from reputable places, so I am more sure that I am doing the right thing. I go in Monday to see both surgeon's for those final questions and the physical, etc.

I'll be thinking about those going in sooner. You can be our mentors!
Unread 05-22-2004, 10:19 PM

I remember on May 1st thinking- one month! Now I'm down to days! For CLucci- on March14th I had a period, then nothing in April and May except hot flashes! I had said, "Only two more periods to go in March. I keep thinking my body is waiting till right before my surgery to give me a zinger (I'm 51). If it weren't for a prolapsed uterus (What a drag! Pun intended) I might have been able to not have my surgery (also heavy bleeding was a problem). To the original writer, got sidetracked! Keep busy and you'll be surprised how the time will go by. Think of me on June 1st! I'll try to remember you on June 22 while I'm being pampered (hopefully!).

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register