Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Jan 15, 2017 - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Closed Thread

Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Jan 15, 2017 Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Jan 15, 2017

Unread 01-15-2017, 08:30 AM
Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Jan 15, 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by 31andhere! View Post
Hi Ladies!!!!
I am 9 days out from a Vaginal hysterectomy. (Cervix, and Uterus gone.)
Wishing you all the best! I too was scared, unsure, and felt frightened about recovery.
I am doing very well! Remember after your surgery to take care of you, listen to your body,
Call your doctor with any questions! (No question is dumb, or too embarrassing to talk about.)
Be prepared at home, food supplies etc.
You are not alone!
Congrats! How was the pain??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-15-2017, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtinamo View Post
HI Jess!

Welcome! Feeling good about your doctor and safe/confident is very important-i do with mine as well. Sounds like you are well prepared! I also downloaded meditation and guided imagery apps on my phone for the hospital--I think that's a good idea!! Did you prepare yourself some freezer meals?::d: l
Love those apps! And I'm so blessed because my hubby is the cook and he'll be pampering me and the girls!
Unread 01-15-2017, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi35 View Post

My name is Heidi and I am 35. My DaVinci hysterectomy is scheduled for Friday (20th) at 9:30 am. For me this will be an outpatient surgery done at a Hospital. I am keeping my ovaries but loosing my cervix. I only had a little anxiety until I went for my pre-op appointment. Now the anxiety has kicked into full gear. LOL I do not handle anesthesia well, at all. I am a high risk anesthesia patient. My dr uses balanced anesthesia-a mix of general and an epidural. I have 3 kids and have never had an epidural so that is freaking me out. My dr said I will not even know it happened. But from my history I am doubting that. My kids are 12, 9, & 7. They have been given multiple pep talks by my husband and myself about being helpful after the surgery. My 12 year old, in true tweenage fashion, just groans at me. Because of my history with anesthesia, initial recovery is a concern and being good the entire recovery period. My dr said everyone is pretty obedient the first two weeks then week 2.3 they do something they shouldn't and it slows down recovery considerably, sometimes causing ground to be lost. Post hysterectomy intimacy is also a concern.
Sending lots of positive and supportive vibes for easy anesthesia!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-15-2017, 08:52 AM

Hello and Good morning. My Surgery is scheduled for this Friday @ 7am. I'm having a partial hysterectomy. My Gynecologist is going through my belly button and not doing it Vaginally. I'm not sure which one is better. I have Anxiety anyways but I have really been scared about this Surgery. Which I don't know why as I have had 2 D&C's and another surgery for a Ectopic pregnancy years ago. But still I'm scared but it has to be done. I just hope Everything goes smoothly and there is no problems. I'm also concerned about my Hormones afterwards. As mine are already imbalanced. I'm Estrogen Dominant with low progesterone. Any information from anyone on how they were after Surgery would be helpful because I'm so worried. I know I'm just being a big baby lol
Unread 01-15-2017, 09:14 AM
Laproscopic hysterectomy, keeping both my ovaries hopefully, Tuesday January 17, 2017 at 11:30am

Hi All, IT is great that there is this forum and this site for us ladies who are dealing with this problem. I am too ill to join any support groups in my area so being online is great! I am very nervous of my upcoming laproscopic hysterectomy this coming tuesday morning! Today is sunday and I am thinking of what I can eat today since I have been told by my surgeon to do a bowel prep tomorrow (monday) probably I will use the Fleet Enema. I had a horrible experience 4 years ago for my last surgery to do a Laproscopic fibroid removal and unfortunately no one told me to not eat so much few days prior to my surgery and especially to go on a clear liquid diet the day before my surgery so i ended up in the ER that night right after I did the Fleet Enema as I was completely backed up so to say. yeah that is one experience I don't want to repeat. So this time round I am nervous and stressed out with everything I put into my mouth! Yesterday (saturday) I started my light eating--morning-black decaf coffee with coconut sugar, 1 bagel with honey, lunch: mixed green salad with balsamic viniger dressing, pepermint tea, dinner: toasted plain bagel with peanut butter and honey, 2 boiled eggs had BM last night and this morning. Today this morning black decaf coffee with coconut sugar and 1 slice of white toast with honey (no appetite now, guess it is nerves!) I am thinking of having a salad again today for lunch with grilled chicken and dinner probably chicken broth, carrot muffin. Tomorrow monday the day before my surgery I will go on a clear liquid diet all day except at the noon hour whereby I will need to take some crackers to digest my zoloft medication for my depression/anxiety and chicken broth. breakfast, black decaf coffee with coconut sugar and crackers. After the 12 noon it will be clear gatorade, water till I do my Fleet enema early evening probably. I am feeling weaker than usual with cutting down the food but also suffering from the abdominal pelvic pain so I am taking it easy and coffee helps me for some reason. Sorry for the long post just gotta get these thoughts out of my head and in writing i guess. A little bio about me: I am 44 yrs old, no children, married. I have both Endometriosis and Adenmyosis, fibroids, cysts, polyps yeah it is a mess in there! I have anxiety/panic attacks so asked my surgeon to get the anesthesia doctor to give me something once I arrive at the hospital tuesday morning to calm my down! Good luck to all of you who are having your surgeries this week done! I don't feel all alone in this just by being part of this forum! thanks hystersisters for having this website available to us all for support and love and knowledge!
Unread 01-15-2017, 10:04 AM
Re: Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Jan 15, 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurenleo24 View Post
My surgery is scheduled for tomorrow. I have a little bit of anxiety because of the possibility of the complications that the doctor listed during my pre op appointment Friday. This is my 8th overall surgery, and I'm 25. I have a complex medical history, so I'm just ready to go and get the surgery over with. I've been trying to have it done for almost 3 years because my endometriosis is bad and I hate Lupron, my other medical issues have made it so I can't take birth control to control my endometriosis, and I can't have kids.
Hi Laurenleo24,

So sorry to hear that you are going through all of this at such a young age. I'm scheduled for tomorrow as well, and also am unable to have kids. I didn't find out until I was in my 30s. I actually went through a lot more distress mentally about that than I am with my scheduled surgery and possibility of cancer. If you need to talk about it, I am here for you. Keep in touch on your recovery. I think only you and I are getting surgery on Monday in this thread.

-mibbs
Unread 01-15-2017, 10:15 AM

Hi Everyone. It's nice to 'meet' so many women who are all going though the same thing at the same time.

My surgery is Monday at 11 am with a 9 am arrival time. I had my pre op appointment on Friday and the doctor calmed my fears about several things and I am just ready to get this done and start the recovery process.

I was happy to learn at my pre op appointment that I can keep my ovaries, (he did a better sonogram of them and they look fine, the original sono indicated there may be some cyst, but it was hard to see.) and he does not require a bowel prep. Thank goodness!! I've done all the prep I can think to do and other than picking up my prescriptions today, I'm ready. Nervous, but ready.

I'm having a big family lunch today and plan to watch the Cowboy game and try to pass the time and not think to much about it.

I'll be praying for you all!

I'll pop back in later today and read through the posts. Right now it's time to make lunch for my family...the last time I'll do this for a little while!
Unread 01-15-2017, 10:20 AM

Hi All

Lots of anxiety around us.
I'm trying to relax today so that my cold gets better.
I've a ton of washing and cleaning to do and under huge pressure in work this week so I think I'm more anxious about that. Surgery will be fine.
Mibbs I've AIS so the glandular type....hysterectomy was really the safest option for me too.
Unread 01-15-2017, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxGypsy View Post
Hi Everyone. It's nice to 'meet' so many women who are all going though the same thing at the same time.

My surgery is Monday at 11 am with a 9 am arrival time. I had my pre op appointment on Friday and the doctor calmed my fears about several things and I am just ready to get this done and start the recovery process.

I was happy to learn at my pre op appointment that I can keep my ovaries, (he did a better sonogram of them and they look fine, the original sono indicated there may be some cyst, but it was hard to see.) and he does not require a bowel prep. Thank goodness!! I've done all the prep I can think to do and other than picking up my prescriptions today, I'm ready. Nervous, but ready.

I'm having a big family lunch today and plan to watch the Cowboy game and try to pass the time and not think to much about it.

I'll be praying for you all!

I'll pop back in later today and read through the posts. Right now it's time to make lunch for my family...the last time I'll do this for a little while!
Hi TxGypsy,

I'm also scheduled for tomorrow, my procedure is at 11:45am with a 9:45am arrival time. My surgeon requires a clear liquid prep for the day before. It's interesting to see that some doctors want us to do a bowel cleanse, others want just clear liquid diet, and others require nothing at all. I'm not sure if that has to do with whether it is an open surgery or laprascopic, or just a doctor preference. Interesting, though.

I'll be following to see how well you do after your procedure. Wishing you the best.
-mibbs
Unread 01-15-2017, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irisheyesaresmi View Post
Hi All

Lots of anxiety around us.
I'm trying to relax today so that my cold gets better.
I've a ton of washing and cleaning to do and under huge pressure in work this week so I think I'm more anxious about that. Surgery will be fine.
Mibbs I've AIS so the glandular type....hysto was really the safest option for me too.
Lots to do will help. Focus on getting things done, and soon it will be time to go in for surgery. Having a good support system to help you through it helps, too. My husband and son are going to take care of me. I'm ready!
Closed Thread

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register