bleeding without intercourse | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

bleeding without intercourse bleeding without intercourse

Unread 06-22-2003, 01:57 AM
bleeding without intercourse

I'm new here and trying to see if there are other posts related to what is happening to me but so far no luck. I am over 3 years post op, vaginal hysterectomy for microinvasive cervical cancer. It was a sudden onset and everything happened very quickly. No chemo/radiation just check ups every 3 months since. (I have since lost my insurance and haven't had a real exam in almost a year) YES I am well aware I need to go get it done and am currently working on finding a way to do it, finances - new town - lots of factors making it difficult.
Aside from all that, I discovered this evening that somehow I seem to have some vaginal bleeding. I haven't been in any way sexually active in weeks so it's not as if anything could have been disturbed in there. I checked carefully and it is internal. What I'm wondering is where could it possibly come from?? I have a cuff, there is no where obvious it could be from. I have been having internal pain (in the area where my uterus used to be) and wonder if it might not be related. I am very scared right now.
Has anyone heard of or had this happen to them? I am a afraid because of the nature of the cancer I had -within one year of my daughter's birth (almost 6 months from post natal exam) they found it when I sought help for minor incontinence (I am 31 now, turned out it was muscle spasms causing bladder leakage) They did a pap while they were "down there", found the cancer and discovered soon after it had already begun to invade.
I have no idea of what this recent occurance means and fully intend to seek medical help first thing Monday but I was hoping in the meantime someone might be able to offer some sort of comfort I suppose. I am really concerned and if anyone has a similar experience I'd really appreciate hearing from you.

-s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-22-2003, 09:55 AM

((eggstacy)))

I am sorry you have started to have problems again, I have no experience with your particular arena but wanted to send some your way. I am so glad to hear you are going to seek medical attention right away, I believe your best advocate against being afraid is finding out what is really going on. Not knowing can be so stressful. You are in my thoughts and ers that you will find some answers out quickly.

s,
lenee
Unread 06-22-2003, 10:27 AM

I am so sorry that you are having new worries right now. There are a few things that could be causing bleeding. Do you still have your ovaries? If you do, do you think they are working? One reason you can have vaginal bleeding/irritation is if your hormones are not quite balanced. You said you are having pain where your uterus used to be--is it bladder pain? A bladder infection could cause you some pain, and bleeding from the urethra can occur with a serious bladder infection. Blood is kind sneaky--it easily moves between various body openings, so you could have blood coming from the urethra that appears to be coming from the vaginal opening if it is moving across your perineum. I have heard of women developing polyps within the vagina, and I believe that those can bleed sometimes (they are not necessarily cancerous).

Try not to panic. I know, easier said than done. Most of us panic here anytime there is some new symptom. It's part of the nature of cancer--it makes us paranoid. We affectionately refer to that as "Cancerhead". Of course, as you know, it is possible that the abnormal cells have spread to your vaginal wall and is causing bleeding, so it is vital that you are checked. Microinvasive cancer is almost always totally cured by hysterectomy alone, but once in a while the cells spread along the vaginal wall, and even one lone cell left in there can eventually grow and become cancer. It does not happen often, but it does occur on occasion.

I'm glad to hear you will be seeking medical attention tomorrow. Whatever they find the problem to be, you will at least have some peace of mind knowing that it is being taken care of.

I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Post all you like--that always helps me work out some of the nervousness. Please come back and let us know what you find out!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register