Hello | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 07-31-2001, 09:43 AM
Hello

I just wanted to say hi to everyone here on the Cancer Concerns board. I have Uterine Cancer and am going for surgery tomorrow (Aug 1) I initially went in for a routine exam. An Abdominal mass was found. That turned out to be a fibroid nearly the size of a bowling ball. They continued to do more tests and all were coming back negative for Cancer. The last one he wanted to do before surgery was an Endometrial biopsy. He was sure the very worst it might show would be pre-cancerous cells. But, wasn't expecting that. Well surprise, I have Cancer after all. Found out 2 weeks ago. I have kind of been in a daze since that time. The Gyn/Oncologist thinks there is a 50% chance surgery will get it all. I hope so.

Everyone here at hystersisters is so great. I am so lucky to have found this site.

I especially would like to thank Maria for her letters.

Patricia
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-31-2001, 10:47 AM
Hello

Hi Patricia,

Will be thinking of you tomorrow and will keep you in my prayers. Good luck with your surgery.
Unread 07-31-2001, 10:48 AM
Hello

Cancer is always a shock and very hard to accept. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers tomorrow! I'm glad that you found us all here and hope that you know how welcome you are. We are all determined to be supportive as much as possible, so don't feel like you are going through this alone.
Unread 07-31-2001, 12:33 PM
Hello

Good luck tomorrow, Patricia! I hope your surgery is successful.

Unread 07-31-2001, 12:42 PM
Hello

Hugs Patricia!!!

So glad you have posted here! These are wonderful women on this board. We are a small but mighty team of fighters and survivors here, and I am so happy you have posted!!

As you know already, I think 50% odds of getting all the cancer with the surgery is really good. True enough that means there is also a chance that you will require treatment, but we will cross that bridge when and IF it arrives. And I pray it does not come to that.

Keep positive thoughts Patricia, and I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!

We all look forward to hearing from you when you are home and feeling up to posting!! We are here for ya!!!
Best of Luck tomorrow!
And you are very welcome for the letters. I have enjoyed our correspondence!
Maria
Unread 07-31-2001, 12:44 PM
HUGS

oh im so sorry you have to go threw all of this but we are here to help, this site helped me so much i tell every one who is going threw this to get on this site right away! so much info. and support its wonderful. good luck tom. i send you big hugs, and tom picture all of the ladies here are right there holding your hand! because we will be thinking of you. your in my prayers Sandy
Unread 07-31-2001, 01:29 PM
Hello

Hello and Welcome.................
I am so sorry to hear of your diagnosis, I can honestly say that I know how you feel...........there are a few of us, I had uterine cancer as well.........stage 2B..........I needed radiation after the surgery, most people do not, it is usually caught early enough where just the surgery is the cure. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I am confident everything will be fine. Stay strong and positive, you are in the right place. Please do not hesitate to email if you have any further questions or concerns.
GOOD LUCK AND
Valentina
Unread 07-31-2001, 02:01 PM
Hello

Hi Patricia, I hope I am not too late in wishing you all the luck in the world for your surgery. Cancer is a really scary thing to be diagnosed with and I too, walked around in a daze for ages. I coped though, by coming here and just telling it as it was. I received so much support and love . We are here for you Patricia, every step along the way. Much love always x x x
Unread 08-01-2001, 06:38 AM
Hello

{{Patricia}}

Sending you many prayers for your surgery today. I'm so glad you were able to find out that this was going on, kudo's to your Dr for being persistant.

Please let us know how you are doing when you are able. And, remember once home, pamper the

Many {{hugs}}

Vicki

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register