the scootch--and annual CT scan report | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

the scootch--and annual CT scan report the scootch--and annual CT scan report

Unread 11-28-2002, 12:02 PM
the scootch--and annual CT scan report

I keep posting my milestones since I think I'm maybe a senior citizen around here and I hope they give someone hope for the future.

I'm now three years and four months since cancer surgery. My annual CT scan showed no change from last year (including no change in my fatty liver condition ).

I had gone to the walk-in clinic at the medical complex where all my doctors are (wanting to get my liver and gall bladder checked out) and got my results while I was there. There was a young woman resident doctor who was wonderful and helpful. Then along came the attending "real" doctor into the room, a nice young guy. This visit was just having me half dressed and laying down to get my liver palpated so I was laying down on the exam table with my feet over the end. He says "I bet you'd be more comfortable if you scootch up." I burst out laughing. I told him that we'd decided that all doctors say scootch. He looked startled and says, "I never say scootch." Then the resident started to laugh and said she was a witness. I said, since scootch isn't a word, it must be something you learn in medical school. He was struck dumb, laughing about it, but was clearly baffled that he'd said it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-28-2002, 12:24 PM

s Trish

Congrats on your terrific health report. And you are right, it is always a thrill to read good things from sisters further out from their cancer diagnosis.
So keep on coming back!!!
I'm gonna pay very close attention on my next gyn onc visit to see what word she uses at scootch time.

karenann
Unread 11-28-2002, 03:44 PM
Congratulations!

I love excellent reports like yours. Keep them coming! Your scootch wasn't an official Hyster Sisters scootch, however, since you weren't scootching into "position" for the exam but nonetheless I'm sure you did Hyster Sisters proud with a good scootch up. I don't think my doctors use "scootch" either. I think it should be an official medical word!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-28-2002, 08:06 PM

I think one reason I thought it was so funny was that I wasn't in the classic scootching situation and yet there it was.

Of course even at my best, I'm a minor league scootcher. There's way too much of me to scootch well. Especially if crumpling the paper counts. I don't always lose points for distance but I definitly lose a lot of mandatory deductions for style.
Unread 11-29-2002, 03:30 AM

((((Trish))))

So happy to hear that you had another excellent checkup!! You are indeed such an inspiration to all of us!!

I actually think here the say "scoot", but hey, tomato, ta-mat-toe, potato, po-tat-toe, we still know the drill!!!!!!!!

Love & Hugs!!
M. xoxoxo
Unread 11-29-2002, 06:35 AM

Oh--I needed a good laugh this morning! Who would ever have thought we could get so much mileage out of the word "scootch"?

Congrats, Trish! How wonderful that those check-ups just keep coming back with A's!! I'm not sure you quite qualify for the senior citizen discount yet (it hasn't even been 5 years yet for you), but it is so helpful and inspiring to see someone 3+ years later feeling good and still posting and encouraging us along in our journey toward health.

Thanks for the update, Trish! May you continue to get report cards full of A's (yes, even the scootch can be perfected sufficiently for an A, and yes, you can get extra points for effort and attitude )!
Unread 11-29-2002, 07:13 PM

Trish,
That's just wonderful news!

You certainly are a person that will absolutely give hope to all.

Now, enough celebration, get to those books and articles and keep us informed. Another

I really do wait for info from you.
Unread 11-30-2002, 06:57 PM

{{Trish}}

Woo HOO!!! Way to go girl!!!

Great news on your checkup and scan results!!! You can't ask for better news than that!

I can't remember if any of my Dr have ever used that word for real, I wouldn't be surprised but now I'm just gonna have to pay closer attention. What a hoot you actually had one say that! Too funny!

{{hugs}}

Vicki

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register