Counting blessings, what are yours? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Counting blessings, what are yours? Counting blessings, what are yours?

Unread 08-09-2018, 07:06 PM
Counting blessings, what are yours?

My blessings today.

Wonderful family support. My husband gets mad if I do too much. He keeps telling me to stop “puttering”. My siblings/parents are great. Even my friends and sorority sisters!

Great doctor. I have the type that doesn’t care what “stupid” question you have, is knowledgeable, and just nice. She hugged me today in celebration of me being so happy about my surgery!

Getting confirmation through pathology that my surgery was absolutely 100% the right thing for me. (Was originally going to ‘wait and see’ and do ablation/tubal.)

Knowing years ago I was childfree. I just want to say I genuinely feel some posters sorrow at having that choice taken away. I can’t imagine. Stay strong.

Losing two pounds the fast way. The weight of my uterus. Now to keep the weight off the right way. (As I sit here eating a coconut macaroon lol)

Having great health insurance, short term disability, and being able to take 6 weeks off and not stress about job security.

What are your blessings??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-09-2018, 11:57 PM
Counting blessings, what are yours?

What a wonderful post! Thank you!
I’m grateful that I’m 11 weeks post hysterectomy and feeling much better. I used to be known for my brisk walking around the office. The floors are vinyl and I’m a PA so I would walk briskly from my office to my boss’s office or the photocopier or the kitchen etc. after my op I was barely walking, more like a shuffle the first week. Then a slow walk. Yesterday I noticed I had a bit more pace and someone commented about how good it was to see me moving more freely. Everything’s getting back to normal. Which is a huge relief. I’m very grateful.
Unread 08-10-2018, 05:57 AM
Re: Counting blessings, what are yours?

I am blessed with a wonderful sister, who is a nurse, that took time off of work to take care of me. A loving boyfriend who has been doing his part and mine to make sure that this house doesn't fall a part, bless his heart he's trying...(face palm). A wonderful boss and coworkers who visit and check on me daily. A kick ***** doctor who made sure that the 13cm fibroid, 5 7cm fibroids and all the other stowaways...all totaling 5lbs hijacking my uterus were removed with the smallest bikini scar possible. I am grateful that three weeks ago today I was scared to death of this surgery and today I am a new person!!! And lastly thankful my dog Roo has not run away from me bothering him for three weeks and taking over his couch and his bed!!! ;-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-10-2018, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahbyeuterus View Post
. A loving boyfriend who has been doing his part and mine to make sure that this house doesn't fall a part, bless his heart he's trying...(face palm).
My husband has been utterly wonderful, so patient with me, understanding and helping me with stuff like washing my hair until I was in a position to be able to do these things myself. However ... I need to be back up and running fully so I can ensure the dishwasher gets loaded 'correctly'

But other than that he has been amazing, and I feel for those whose partners and family may struggle to understand just how much this surgery limits what we can do for awhile.

I am also blessed to have our wonderful 5 year old dog Bwana who has guarded, protected and looked after me in his own little ways since I got home. He follows me into the bedroom when I do my exercises, then into the bathroom when I shower, and then somehow squeezes his barrel like body between the sofa and the table to lie as close to me as he can while I sit and watch tv in the evening

My friends have been in touch with all their news, and my employer and line manager have been reasonable, understanding and accommodating of my situation, for which I am also grateful.

Finally of course my surgeon and his team, and all the nurses that looked after me.

Great post idea - so good to reflect on what is good in our lives (as we shuffle, heave and grimace our way through our recoveries!).
Unread 08-10-2018, 07:30 AM

Thank you so much for this post.
First I'm greatful to God for making all things possible.

I'm greatful for my wonderful husband, my rock in life. He has been great thoughout this 10 year journey that led to surgery.

I'm blessed to have a Dr/surgeon that I've known for over 20 years who isn't just my Dr but also my friend. That has made this journey so much less stressful.

I'm thankful for my bulldog who hasn't left my side since I came home from the hospital. He's an Angel lol

I'm also greatful to have found you ladies, what a great support system we have here! It's nice to have someone who understands the quirky things your body is going through that nobody else gets lol
Have a great day all!
Unread 08-10-2018, 07:35 AM

I love reading all these posts! Thanks for responding!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register