6wks out. Having panicky thoughts of bleeding all of a sudden | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

6wks out. Having panicky thoughts of bleeding all of a sudden 6wks out. Having panicky thoughts of bleeding all of a sudden

Unread 01-11-2009, 03:27 PM
6wks out. Having panicky thoughts of bleeding all of a sudden

I'm six weeks out from TAH. I was feeling great weeks 2-5. Now in just this past week, I feel depressed a little (grieving over the loss of my parts even though I didn't want to have a child and was happy my parts are gone).

I've also had moments up (like at a restaurant yesterday and again at church this morning) where I'm afraid to stand up for fear of bleeding...standing up and feeling that old warmness that tells me I'm bleeding - even feeling afraid that if I stand up I'll bleed through my clothes (which is what was happening in November quite atrociously).

I know I don't have my uterus anymore...but I'm still afraid of bleeding.

Anyone else experiencing that?

I had also gotten rid of the belly band the hospital gave me around week 4 because I wasn't using it anymore. Now I wish I had kept it. My belly feels tender this week.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-11-2009, 03:42 PM

I think what you are fearing is most likely what you have already lived through. Not such a pleasant experience for you in the past.

I hope that you are able to overcome this little obstacle, it is a bit of a mind game to allow ourselves to believe that we wont go through the same thing.

Try to reassure yourself you are okay, there shouldnt be a reason for you to bleed anymore.
If the fear seems to linger on I would talk to your doctor about it as well. Especially if it could possibly be a bit of depression, dont hold it in, talk about it. Your doctor may be able to help you.

As far as the belly band , do you have any tensor bandages at home? Or even a stretchy scarf? Try tying that around your belly for a little extra support.
Take care, xoxo
Unread 01-11-2009, 04:12 PM

Hi Sans Uterus,
I am 7 weeks post-op TVH. I am very down right now, I have not been able to put my finger on it. I don't know if I am mourning the loss of my uterus, I do not think so since I am almost 50 and divorced.
Every time I wipe myself I think there is going to be blood, since I bled constantly from September until my surgery in Nov. I still have not gotten past that either. So you are not alone.
Unread 01-11-2009, 05:14 PM

I had my hyster on Dec 15,2008 and I am still expecting to have the same thing happen to me. I think it is a mind over matter thing and in time our minds will win...I hope. I think anyone who has a major surgery has emotional issues to deal with and with good friends, family and support we will get through this. We have to learn to be patient with ourselves and take all the help available to us. My belly is still tender, almost like when I look at it in the mirror it should be bruised but it isn't and my Dr told me it is because I am doing too much. Try and take it easy and remember to ask for help if you need it. Good luck and take care.
Unread 01-12-2009, 07:20 AM
Panicky thoughts of bleeding...

Thank you for your input ladies. I, too, wipe myself expecting to see blood. We live in an older house and the plumbing isn't that great. We had to have the plumber come twice because the toilets were getting backed up. The one plumber told my husband he had never seen such a sh**load of tampons in his life.......how embarrassing...but it goes to show ya that there was a lot of blood.

Also when creighton1 mentioned about expecting to see a bruised belly when you look in the mirror - that's what I'm feeling too. I keep saying I'm doing too much and I need to take it a little easier but my mind sometimes says "what if it's an infection inside, what if what if what if..."

Last night as I lay in bed, I figured this out too: my hormones are now probably settling into their new routine. The first 5 weeks I was pretty happy and feeling good and now the depression and blah feeling is hitting me. I thought it would be the other way around.

I have an appt with my Naturopathic Doctor next week to do a hormone panel and get something tailor made for me. He had given me progesterone a few weeks ago which I was grateful for. My surgeon gave me the estradiol patch which I hate. So I'm sure a lot of the depression has to do with the hormones going crazy

Thank you as always for your love and support!
Unread 01-12-2009, 04:45 PM

SanUterus,
The same thing happened to me. I felt fine about the hysterectomy for the first 5 weeks, then I became emotional. It is not that I feel a loss, I am just very emotional. I think part of my problem is being tired, working is definitely making me very tired. Little things are bothering me, so maybe mine is hormones. I was told my ovaries were still working, so I did not think I would have any problems with my hormones for awhile. But maybe they are not working as well as the Doc thought. Take care of yourself, we will all get through this.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register