No help from Drs! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

No help from Drs! No help from Drs!

Unread 09-29-2020, 08:23 PM
No help from Drs!

I have had horrible depression and anxiety most of my life. I've been on every medicine with no help.
I've carried 3 babies full term with minimal issues. One, I went preclamptic. One had cord wrapped and we both had heart issues near the end.
I've tried iuds and get cysts horribly.
For the last 2 3 years, I've lost interest in sex. My periods are 2 to 3 days (if at all).My last period i was sick on the couch 2 weeks.

Sex hurts. I can not masturbate and get off if you will, if I do my ovary hurts.
I do not ovulate.
My ovaries hurt both externally and internally to the touch. I have ridiculous pain that physically makes me sick.

Ultrasound shows nothing.
Ct shows nothing.

One dr stated pcos is overly diagnosed, and refused a hysterectomy. He wanted to give me springs and a tubal.
The second dr stated I could have the hysterectomy, but he won't do it unless he takes everything at 30 years old.

I heard a tubal would make it worse.
Any ladies experience similar?

What do I do? I just had rny period and the pain is soooo much worse? I'm done having kids!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-29-2020, 08:25 PM
No help from Drs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrinking_nerix View Post
I have had horrible depression and anxiety most of my life. I've been on every medicine with no help.
I've carried 3 babies full term with minimal issues. One, I went preclamptic. One had cord wrapped and we both had heart issues near the end.
I've tried iuds and get cysts horribly.
For the last 2 3 years, I've lost interest in sex. My periods are 2 to 3 days.
I can not masturbate and get off if you will, if I do my ovary hurts.
I do not ovulate.
My ovaries hurt both externally and internally to the touch.

One dr stated pcos is overly diagnosed, and refused a hysterectomy. He wanted to give me springs and a tubal.
The second dr stated I could have the hysterectomy, but he won't do it unless he takes everything at 30 years old.

What do I do? I just had rny and the pain is soooo much worse? I'm done having kids!
May i add my depression etc flares up primarily week or so prior and after.
Unread 09-30-2020, 05:47 PM
Re: No help from Drs!

Sadly, sometimes we must continue to advocate for ourselves until someone listens and provide a diagnosis.

I would be cautious about doctors who offer a hysterectomy without a proper diagnosis, it is not a solution to all issues
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-06-2020, 04:58 PM
Re: No help from Drs!

I suggest that you look into an herb called Vitex (scientific name of a very common plant, btw, not a name brand). Vitex has been used to address women's issues such as PCOS, menopause, endometriosis, and luteal phase defect for thousands of years, to great effect. Even in my ovary-less state, I find that it helps with my mood, and it seems to regulate my hormones (what there is of them, anyway!). There has also been a gradual but steady loss of excess weight. My sister, who was diagnosed with PCOS and told there was no help for it, has also been taking vitex for a couple of months. She has also seen marked improvement.

For the record, I had many of the same issues that you describe. Two doctors and an ob nurse practitioner told me I had PMDD and PCOS. They recommended a hyst/BSO when I was 34 (no children). I went along with it, as they told me there was no other option and I was desperate. It solved some problems, but others developed in their stead, namely a dependence on HRT, lingering pain from the surgery, and all the garbage that goes along with surgical menopause. Had I known what I know now, I would have tried Vitex before surgery. It probably would have saved a great deal of pain, and if it had had the same effect on my mood as it has now, I probably would have felt emotionally capable of parenting rather than being the mess I was.

Vitex is available in capsule form. I get mine on Amazon. A month's supply is about $12, but you can shop around for other options. If you decide to try it, be sure to get one that has a lot of positive feedback from the customers. Many happy customers have posted about their results. It can be encouraging to see how this simple herb has helped so many.

Best of wishes to you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register