Dumbest thing someone has said to you?!! - Page 18 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Dumbest thing someone has said to you?!! Dumbest thing someone has said to you?!!

Unread 09-04-2012, 09:33 AM
Re: Dumbest thing someone has said to you? Throwing a uterus party

I love it! That is hilarious that someone told you that they are taking out the baby cradle and but not the playpen! That has to top all.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-04-2012, 02:19 PM

Funnel cake : that is my favorite too. I have told a few people that one !! My tender tummy needed a good laugh :-)
Thanks.
Unread 09-04-2012, 02:29 PM

I had a friend say "women seem to be a little cavalier about this surgery like it's gift or something" Wow huh?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-04-2012, 03:01 PM

This thread was great.. people who don't "get" it on many things.. my migraine's for example.. will never get it... I get it.. haven't had a hysterectomy yet,... dreading the results of hysteroscopy for the "area of concern" and my every am spotting... uggh.. anyway.... i have a very sweet coworker who has breast cancer and is facing a double masectomy and thinks she can be in patient one day and work from home the rest of the week.. dear girl... her doc really needs to sit her down....
Unread 09-04-2012, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatBazz View Post
This thread was great.. people who don't "get" it on many things.. my migraine's for example.. will never get it... I get it.. haven't had a hysterectomy yet,... dreading the results of hysteroscopy for the "area of concern" and my every am spotting... uggh.. anyway.... i have a very sweet coworker who has breast cancer and is facing a double masectomy and thinks she can be in patient one day and work from home the rest of the week.. dear girl... her doc really needs to sit her down....
True!

I had Hysterectomy and had to rest for 60 days and did not have to work. Let's give ourselves a break!
Unread 09-06-2012, 06:34 AM

(Children mentioned)

The dumbest comments I've gotten so far are from my mother -"Oh, I had my tubes tied after I had you and I was FINE!" I was the youngest and smallest of four kids delivered vaginally. There were no BC pills back then, but she had informed me years before that if there HAD been BC pills, she'd never have had any of us. Brutal honesty is not always the best policy - she has a habit of saying intentionally mean/stupid things and thinks she can get away with it because of her age.

The other dumb comment was from my MIL, "It's because of all those BC pills." My MIL is very upset that their gene pool stopped at her son. I have two children from a previous marriage, but when DH and I got married and had no kids before he turned 40, he had a vasectomy, but she doesn't know that. We had decided that any child of ours would probably be some horrible personality combination of both of our mothers. I never used BC pills while we were married and only briefly in previous years. She has never accepted my kids as her grandkids, they are grown and call her grandma. She objected to our marrying because I wasn't a virgin... Oh, and I was "the cute little cheerleader type" - NOT. I think I may, under the influence of pain medication, have to tell her a few things... "Your son wasn't a virgin when we met," and "We didn't have kids because we knew you would interfere," and "BTW, did you know he's been shooting blanks for ten years? Yeah, he's been fixed. And the sex has been better than EVAH!"
Unread 09-06-2012, 09:17 PM

I had my tubes tied many years ago too...NOT THE SAME THING!! Your MIL sounds like a ton of fun (I say with all the sarcasm I can muster).

Good luck!
Unread 09-08-2012, 02:11 AM

I have had so many "great" opinions and questions asked but I think the most puzzling was when the nurse was walking me to my pre-op appointment and said " well it looks like you finally got what you wanted" with a smile on her face. I stood there blank faced and didn't even respond to her
Unread 09-08-2012, 07:03 AM

Welcome back from the surgery world AConfused27. That nurse's comment is just plain weird.
Unread 09-09-2012, 03:10 AM

My Mom is my rock and best friend for years so it totally threw me when her response was "That's not fair. I had to wait until I was 40 (I'm 32)."

Sorry Mom, I'm not getting a bike for my birthday; I'm having surgery. (She apologized later but it still hurt)

My husband the day after I came home "See not having any more children is a good thing" I desperately wanted another child.

A parent at my daycare "So, does his mean you will finally be able to lose weight?"

My MIL "Oh well, it's not like this is major surgery. Just rest for a day or two and you'll be fine." then a few minutes later in the conversation "Please remember that MY son still has HIS needs even if YOU don't."

I do have to say the DUMBEST thing that has been said about my hysterectomy came from me. I was talking to my oldest sister who has been ill for many years and is now terminal. (It makes me cry just thinking about it)

ME: "God, T...It's not fair. I wanted another baby."
Sister: "I know sweetheart it will be okay."
ME: "No it won't. It's like the end of the world. Sometimes I just want to crawl in a hole and die."
Sister: "I'll trade places with you."

We have talked and we both know each others emotions but I still fell bad that in my pain I marginalized my sisters.

I can still find the funniness in my sister though - I had talked about my concerns about sex after my hysterectomy and she laugh and said "Don't worry. It's better...MUCH better. Just give it time." She had her hysterectomy 10 years ago.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register