Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 - Page 12 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

Unread 02-28-2008, 05:38 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

odd one dr. would say no driving for 6 weeks, another after one week is fine. i keep thinking did i have a different surgery than others. i know i didn't. i'm starting to wonder if it was my surgeon. new young gal from the dallas area(i live in illinois), maybe she has some new technique. just seems odd. i figured i'd be "suffering" more
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-28-2008, 06:56 PM
Progress report..Day 9

Hi sisters

Nine days post-op here and I am doing well for the most part. No issue in the BM area (stool softeners are AMAZING). Last night I took an advil for a headache..not abdominal pain so that's a plus!

I have been sitting at the table all along eating, albeit sometimes with my legs up on another chair for comfort. Today I had an hour long conference call for work (not-paid) and it about killed me sitting that long.. My insurance benefits have been approved to April 6 and my return to work date is April 7..I will see the Surgeon March 27 if I'm up to it about returning a week earlier, and I'm hoping for the 'all systems go' on April 3...at 9 AM.

I've lost 12 lbs, and my swelly belly is almost gone..just a little over-hang left there, but still tingly/numb feeling which I expect. The tingly/numb feeling I had in my right leg doesn't bother me nearly as much and that's because the walking helps! I have walked twice around the block twice per day..and it takes me 30 minutes each time so an hour a day. Its so NICE to get the fresh air!!! Its been snowing quite a bit, and actually quite lovely. When I come back home my treat is an apple cinamon tea with honey Pampering the Princess!

I can't stay in jammies all day, I just can't do it, but Yoga pants are SO COMFY..and they hold me in..(or it feels like they do)..

Other than my mom visiting for coffee Monday I've had no visitors and no callers. Tomorrow evening my girlfriend is coming over at 8 PM with "Jane Austin Bookclub" movie, and I'm really looking forward to that. DH is going to make up some treats for us before he works another 12 hour shift tomorrow. All isn't lost without visitors though because I'm reading, journalling, and doing what I can. I'm doing the dishes & folding laundry when I can.

I am enjoying time with myself, which is a good thing because I have five days left before I can drive. I haven't had much pain really, only discomfort.

Not sure what tomorrow may bring, but I'm considering a trip across the street to the drug store to prowl around & see what's up in the make-up department.. Yesterday I painted my nails, and body buttered myself up and did my hair..perhaps tomorrow I'll get to some make-up..LOL..

Night sisters
Unread 02-28-2008, 06:58 PM
Reply to Hubie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubie
odd one dr. would say no driving for 6 weeks, another after one week is fine. i keep thinking did i have a different surgery than others. i know i didn't. i'm starting to wonder if it was my surgeon. new young gal from the dallas area(i live in illinois), maybe she has some new technique. just seems odd. i figured i'd be "suffering" more
The restriction on driving has everything to do with the insurance laws where you live hubie...for me its two weeks, it may be different where you are...the problem is if I'm in a vehicular accident before 15 days post-op, my insurance won't cover anything.

In any case, its nice to be driven around..

Truthfully I'm not ready to go very far for very long just yet..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-28-2008, 07:24 PM

What's the deal with this extra belly button dimple at the top of my incision? In the hospital they said that it would go away as I "filled in" and the swelling went down. I had a vertical incision for my PH that started @an inch below my naval. The swelling has gone down a lot (i thank "arnica montana" from the health food store for some of that) but the extra belly button is still there plain as day! Can I do anything about that? I know it seems trivial but I feel like the incision is quite enough!
Unread 02-28-2008, 09:15 PM

Good evening sisters! Today ended up being a napping most of the day kind of day, once I even fell asleep in my own bed instead of that recliner which is a first. Woo hoo! Can't tell you how much I enjoyed reading everyone's postings today.

I got a cute get well card in the mail today and would like to extend the sentiments to all of you. It has a kitty with bandages on the front and says "If this situation has you thinking four-letter words... Here are some you may want to add to the list - HOPE and HUGS."

The days are getting a weird sort of rhythm to them. Up at night, trying not to wake up DH, reading hystersisters website at 4am, surfing in the dim glow of the monitor like a nocturnal creature. Sleeping from 6am - 7am. Eating breakfast, walking around house picking up lint balls and cat hair with the gripper just because it's "fun". Napping after lunch. Taking up crossword puzzles while on the potty. Cheering "woo hoo" when the trip to the potty is successful (regression? LOL). Walking up and down stairs, ignoring dirty dishes and clutter with happy abandonment. Watching a movie. Reading some magazines. Sleeping on recliner for about an hour at bedtime, then waking up in the middle of the night and it's wash....rinse....repeat! Yes, ladies, reading about your BM or driving or whatever small setback or success you encounter is one of the highlights of my day and I am eternally grateful for the updates! *giggle*

Here's to a great day tomorrow for all of you. I get my staples out. I was worried about it hurting but read up on it here and felt much better. A few of them look red and a little "angry" but we'll see how it goes. I am feeling inspired to venture outside of this luxurious day spa to take a walk tomorrow. Take care everyone and keep those updates coming so we'll have something to read in the wee hours of the night!
Unread 02-28-2008, 09:57 PM

bella, you make me laugh! thanks for the update. i too ignore the mess building up around me (but my family does pick up before they go to bed, so when i am walking around in the middle of the night the house looks nice and tidy!
i too am up around 4am reading posts..........last night was the night i slept the longest and this evening i even got a nap!!! looking forward to what tomorrow holds.
have a great night.
Unread 02-29-2008, 12:55 AM

Gosh, driving after 9 days is fantastic! I am in UK and insurance here says 4 to 6 weeks with Docs' consent.
Though frankly I haven't had the energy to go out yet. I am 8 days post op today.
Don't over do it
But well done..
Unread 02-29-2008, 05:52 AM

amazing! i slept 5 hours straight last night!!! i woke up at 5 am this morning assuming it was my regular 2 am wake up and was very excited to know it was so late. i went back to sleep at 5:30 and slept for another hour. now, i think it was because i was so exhausted yesterday feeling like i had been hit by a truck but it was great to know that i was able to sleep that long. here is hoping for more restful sleep like that. today is dh first day back at work. he left at 6:30am. my kids will be taking care of me and the baby i sit for, which they do a great job with her! anyway, i am looking forward to the weekend that i can take naps if i feel like it and not have to stay awake to make sure everything is okay with the baby (she is a year old). i don't pick her up or do anthing. my daughters are great. i will hold her when they allow me to and i did feed her the last two days but they change diapers, feed her, put her down for naps etc. my kids are great.
anyway.........here is looking forward to a good day. i pray that God will bless us all with comfort today. after a day like yesterday, i can use some comfort. today will also be my daughter's first day going grocery shopping for me. that might prove to be interesting.....i thought about going with them but i hurt so bad yesterday that i figure i better take it slow today....i have a wedding to try to attend next weekend (at least the ceremony) and i am making the grooms cake-so i need to build up strength for that, its not something i can say, oh sorry, i don't think i can do it ..........so, one day at a time for me.
ladies, have a great day. may the Lord watch and keep you
blessings
Unread 02-29-2008, 06:52 AM

Good morning everyone and thanks for your information fillled and entertaining postings. I too am a member of the late night readers.
Ten days post op here and until last night everything was going smoothly. I had the requisite abdominal soreness, the inside pulling and the bouts with constipation, but beside those expected things I've felt a bit better with each day. I'm staying at my Mom and Dad's house which is a luxury because, really, the only one I need to really focus on is myself. Mom makes sure that I have good food and we go out for a little walk every day (which has done a world of good!). The other day, we did take a walk in a park and it took a little too long and I was hurting after that but I believe that if I take it easy, the walking helps the healing process a huge amount.
Last night I had my first bout of post op weirdness. I really didn't have much of an appetite at dinner but ate what was on my plate anyway. I went to bed feeling a bit nauseous but fell asleep. At @ 4 am i woke up with an intense burn in my abdomen, one unlike others that I had felt before. I tried the old BM but couldn't get anything through my sore intestines past my sore bladder not to mention that it was 4 am. Finally I took some pain med and fell back to sleep. This morning I woke up feeling toxic but couldn't lie anymore so got up made a tummy tea and sat on the couch in a patch of sun. Then gloriously, from out of nowhere came the urge. I never thought that a BM could be so good! HeeHee.... just shows how important it is to get the junk out of our systems. I think that I have just joined the cult of the stool softeners.
Supposedly I am going home to hubby tomorrow. I'm beginning to think twice about that decision. I think I need another few days before I start taking up the role of caretaker again. By the way.. what is DH?
Have a great day everyone and most importantly, be gentle with yourselves.
Unread 02-29-2008, 07:12 AM

DH - Darling husband.

I would be great if I could get my BMs in some what normal shape. Two stool softeners - too much. One - not enough. One plus fiber - doesn't seem to help. One plus fiber, plus pear juice - still nothing. Today I'm trying one plus fiber plus pear juice plus some dried prunes. I'm only on Tyenol since the pain meds were problem making it worse.

I feel like some mad chemist, trying to come up with the right 'formula.'

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register