I have a few questions | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I have a few questions I have a few questions

Unread 09-26-2004, 10:42 AM
I have a few questions

hello all. ive been reading through all of these posts and im wondering about a few things that i havent come across.
one being, i have insurance and my deductables been met, what am i, if anything, going to have to pay upfront, assuming that my insurance will pay for me to have a hyster? will they bill me or will i have to pay like a copay? i know for a fact that theres no way i could pay a huge amount of money!!! im hopeing that theyll let me pay it out. i went ltues for a curettage and the dr told me that i could just be billed, but i think maybe its different at hospitals? i did have a cone biopsy in march of 03 and they told me then that i had a 1000.00 deductable and if i could pay it then i said no and they said ok set up payment arrangements. but since i dont have a deductable is it going to be different? sorry so may questions about this. im dumb when it comes to insurance things. lol

ok on to my next questions. now im waiting on results from some tests done on tuesday and im exploring my options because i can almost guarntee that ill be haveing a hyster. anyhow i had agus on my last pap and im wondering if theyll be able to do a vh even if it says i have adenocacinoma??? i dont paticularly want an ah, but ill take whatever i can get. and i dont want to be put under because im so terrified of it even though ive been put under 2 times, but it was only for like 1 hour maybe. can i get an epidural and maybe a little sedative so i can relax and sleep, just not anastesia?? i dont know what to do. ill talk with the dr about it all when i find out the reults but i would like to have an idea about what to talk to him about and what to expect.
if anyone has any advice i would really appreciate it!!!
thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-26-2004, 10:51 AM
I have a few questions

Some insurance companies are different, I had to go out of my plan for gyn/oco, and my insurance company at first said no, then my regular doctor called him and they changed their mind and said yes, but all my tests had to be done within my plan. I pay 20% of my bill and they have just been sending me the bills in the mail and then I pay them, I have flex plan at work but only 500$ just about done with that, who would have guessed when I signed up that this would have happened. Just let the doctors know that you will need to be billed and will make payments monthly. I e-mailed you already on the questions you had for me, so hopefully that helps. Stay come, easier said than done I know.
Take care,
Jeanette
Unread 09-26-2004, 10:57 AM
I have a few questions

thank you!!! i sure hope everythign goes smoothly, so i dont have to sit and wonder and wait!!!! and i sure i hope my ins will not turn it down!!! ill throw a big fit!!!! what is flex by the way??? and if mine turns out cancer will my ins pay for chemo if youre not on a cancer plan???
ill be praying for you!!!!

p.s. my moms name is jannette!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-26-2004, 11:20 AM
I have a few questions

I do not think insurance companies carry seperate insurance plans for cancer, but I didn't have to go through anything special. I will let you know when everything is over and let you know how it went. I hope everything goes ok for you, but keep me informed. take care. I don't know to many people with the same name as me, cool to know your moms name is the same.
Jeanette
Unread 09-26-2004, 04:33 PM
I have a few questions

I can answer for you but I can tell you what I was told. May not be the same where you are or with your insurance. I don't have a deductible but I have a 125.00 co pay for any hospitla stay. The hospital I went to for my last D&C had 3 options. (1) pay 125 up front. (2) billed for service (3) You could pay 20% down and then charge the rest to Access One Finance Card. I picked option 3 if your hospital offers Access one finance you are auto aproved. They don't reject anyone for any reason I pay 25.00 a month and have a $5000.00 limit. Its very much like a credit card but I can only use it at that hospital. So I opted for hyst at the same hospital and can now charge any amount that I have to pay straight to the card and just continue to send access one the $25.00 a month. Up to 5000.00 .All I have to do is the morning of surgery when they ask me how I want to pay my co pay is hand them the card and keep doing what I have been doing for 3 mths. But like I said if the hospital you are going to offers it and you fill out the app then you can not be rejected. It says on the back of every statement that I get that "NO applicant will be denied". So you may want to check and see if this is an option for you. They may offer something simular under a differnt company name. I don't know about the cancer question. We have suplimental cancer coverage so I don't worry about that. Sorry, but hope what I could tell you helps some because if anyone knows about worrying about paying for surgery you can't really afford it is me. Thanks to access one I found a way.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register