appreciate info | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

appreciate info appreciate info

Unread 04-30-2007, 06:38 AM
appreciate info

I just want to say how much I appreciate the info available at this website and also all you wonderful women sharing your feelings, experiences and stories. If I didn't have access to this, I would think there were something else going wrong inside. Although I have had fibroids for over 10 years and they have really screwed up my periods--pain, length, very heavy--once the period was over, I was fine. Until this spring the largest fibroid was the size of a 12 week fetus. Well I guess they grew this year and not the largest is up to 21 weeks. Suddenly out of no where, the pain has hit 24/7. Also although I have lost 20 pounds, the waistbands on my pants became tight this week and I'm so bloated I look 7 months pregnant. I'm not someone who obsesses about things, but if I hadn't read similar stories on this website, I would really think there was something else wrong. My initial surgery date was May10, but I have a third interview for a job on that date so it is now June 5. Right now the thought of dealing with this pain for 6 more weeks is depressing. Again, thanks to everyone for sharing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-30-2007, 09:20 AM
appreciate info

I'm right there with you. I am full of fibroids, am sitting here at work today and can't get my pants all the way fastened because I'm so bloated and fat right in my lower tummy.

I also noticed your surgery date is a day after mine!! So you and I are totally in the same boat, LOL. I had to make it for June so I could train the person that will be doing my job while I'm gone. So, we both have to wait sister! And yes the pain is hacking me off. I vacuumed yesterday and the pain in my lower belly was so bad I had to stop and take three ibuprofen and sit with a heating pad over it.

Hang in there!
Unread 04-30-2007, 01:08 PM
appreciate info

You will get through it Sholan. I have been experiencing 24/7 pain as you have since February and I thought there was no way in heck I would be able to make it to May 4th, but here we are. I am looking forward to it (I never thought I would say that!) and to the relief I hope the surgery will bring. This past week I found that I can no longer sleep laying down as the pain becomes down right wicked ,so I am trying to sleep sitting upright on the couch for a couple hours here and there. Most people can never understand this chronic, intense pain so I am glad we have each other on these boards! Take it one moment at a time and remember we're always here to listen!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-30-2007, 01:17 PM
appreciate info

I am with you. I think my abdomen has doubled in size since 10 months ago. My belly is so swollen I cant stand it. I am wearing pants 2 sizes larger than normal just to keep the pressure off the sore spot that is just below and to the right of my belly button.

I go May 23rd and, although I get scared when I let myself imagine things, I am so ready to be healthy I just cannot wait.
Unread 04-30-2007, 01:51 PM
appreciate info

Do any of you also get a horrible feeling in your stomach after eating?? I finally couldn't stand the pain anymore and went on pain pills - they do help and I have finally been able to get to sleep at night because like you brightmeadow I couldn't sleep without intense pain. My surgery is May 17th I am scared but I am waiting for the relief from this pain. I don't mean to push pain pills but maybe that might have to be an option since your surgery isn't until June?? Well good luck to all of you!!
Unread 04-30-2007, 03:52 PM
appreciate info

Wow-- you know, when you read about fibroid symptoms, you rarely read that they can cause such chronic pain. I have them too, and some months my pain is just about 24/7, right where one of the larger ones is. My belly is definitely "poochy", but my gyn says that it's not bigger than it is because the fibroids are pulling my uterus down and back. Now, I wouldn't be surprised if there's all kinds of other fun stuff going on w/ me--hadve had 2 laps and have endo/adhesions, etc., but I've felt like the pain really is caused by the fibroids this past year. I also have GERD, and now I'm starting to wonder if MAYBE that's somehow related to my big ol' uterus!

While I don't like the fact that so many of us are suffering w/ this pain and don't wish it upon anyone, it is a comfort to know I"m not alone. And my surgery date is June 4 also!

Gigimay
Unread 05-01-2007, 06:03 AM
appreciate info

Thanks for sharing. I'm not happy you feel the same way I do!! BUt it is comforting to know that I'm not going crazy or imagining things. I usually have a high pain tolerance (never used anything for the birth of my three children), but this is bad. And the swelling! I just want to hold my side--whether I'm standing, sitting or lying down. Even at school--while I'm teaching--it hurts so bad, I just want to hold it and sometimes do. Again, I truly wish you weren't in the same position, but it makes me realize it is just part of this.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register