Fibroid Hyster Sisters? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Closed Thread

Fibroid Hyster Sisters? Fibroid Hyster Sisters?

Unread 04-24-2007, 07:04 AM
Fibroid Hyster Sisters?

I've hunted around for other sisters who are here because of fibroids. If you're out there, I'd love to hear your experiences. I know there are a lot of us out there! Mine have finally got the better of me and it is time to get them out.

Let me know about your journey.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-24-2007, 07:24 AM
Fibroid Hyster Sisters?

I had three orange sized fibroids, prolapsed uterus, and rectocele. After about 4 years of heavy bleeding, getting worse as time went by, I had a TVH and rectocele repair on 9/15/06. I should've had it done years ago. No more mess!
Unread 04-24-2007, 07:31 AM
Question?

What is a rectocele? - if you don't mind me asking. I have multiple fibroids - I've had one 15 cm and one 5 cm one removed 10 years ago, but I have more and am so sick of flooding. My uterus is "retroverted" (is that the correct term?) so it is hard to be sure exactly how big the firbroids are.

After my last vaginal ultrasound I decided I'VE HAD ENOUGH!! Any one else find them painful and somewhat humiliating? I've lost count of how many I have had now and I don't want any more! That is not my main reason for wanting a hysterectomy but it is an added bonus!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-24-2007, 08:11 AM
Fibroid Hyster Sisters?

My uterus is (was) tipped too. I had a couple of years of flooding and then had a feeling in my vagina similar to a tampon not being all the way in. It turned out my uterus was dropping. It wasn't too bad, no pain just a heavy feeling. The bleeding got much worse. Ultrasounds and a couple of bladder tests later, I was told I had fibroids and the colon had started to collapse into the vaginal canal.

Again, I didn't feel bad. The bleeding was awful. Weeks at a time; days in the bathroom; and always carrying changes of clothes.

The tests are humiliating. And pricey too! I'm glad my insurance paid.

The hyst was fine. The doc was great.

More questions? Just ask.
Unread 04-24-2007, 09:09 AM
Fibroid Hyster Sisters?

I have at least 7 or so fibroids, the biggest is about 5 x 5 cm, but overall my uterus is about 14 week size. I've had previous surgeries and mild endometriosis and adhesions were removed, so who knows what else he'll find. I don't have a problem at all w/ bleeding, but experience a lot of pain. I have a TAH scheduled for June 4, but I"m meeting w/ a surgeon next week who does Laparoscopic hysterecomies to see what he has to say. I don't know yet if my uterus is too big for that procedure- I guess we'll see! I just want to be able to run around w/ my kids without feeling like something down there is going to break!

gigimay
Unread 04-24-2007, 09:16 AM
Fibroid Hyster Sisters?

I had a large fibroid and flooding problems and the tilted uterus also and just had a abdominal hysterectomy because of the size and location of my fibroid....I also had one ovary taken out because it was enlarged. My surgery was April 13 and I am doing pretty well so far not much pain.
Unread 04-24-2007, 09:16 AM
Fibroid Hyster Sisters?

had cyst removed in dec. from my ovaries one the size of a grapefruit and one that grew from my left side to right side and attached under the rib cage
on april 13th went in for adbominal hysterectomy and removal of ovaries
knew it was time to do the hysterectomy after waiting several years - still feeling iffy - but had an major overhaul
Unread 04-24-2007, 09:17 AM
Fibroid Hyster Sisters?

so you are feeling pretty good now?
Unread 04-24-2007, 09:19 AM
Fibroid Hyster Sisters?

Hey Kjattf I went the same day you did....I had abdominal too but only one ovary out. Good luck with recovery.
Unread 04-24-2007, 09:22 AM
Fibroid Hyster Sisters?

do you feel back to normal yet
Closed Thread

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register