Passing Blood Clots | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Passing Blood Clots Passing Blood Clots

Unread 10-19-2011, 08:30 AM
Passing Blood Clots

Lately I've been passing blood clots during my period. Does anybody know what causes this and is it serious? I still have to get a sonogram so I can schedule my hysterectomy but this heavy bleeding and blood clots scare me. I saw my ob/gyn on Friday and something told me to go on and get a shot of that Lupron. What do you think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-19-2011, 08:34 AM
Re: Passing Blood Clots

I have had "clots" as large as my hand -- my gyn felt it was probably large areas of tissue from the shedding endometrium. I have a very thickened lining. Other than that, don't know. I've had at least quarter-sized and larger clots for 20 years and I didn't realize any of that was unusual until just this year.... Curious to hear what anyone else has to say on this.
Unread 10-19-2011, 09:01 AM

the first time I had them it scared me to death...I thought how in the world that happened and something must be wrong. My Dr said it was from bleeding so fast and I had good clotting blood...I will not miss them at all!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-19-2011, 09:13 AM

I too have clots for years and always figured it was normal. Unttil this spring when I told my ob/gyn about it. I was put on different bc pills to try & control it but none worked . After reasearching loupron I didnt feel comfortable with it so im having a hyster.
Unread 10-19-2011, 09:23 AM

How long til your hysterectomy ?? I'd be hesitant to jump into Lupron if a hysterectomy was right around the corner... Just my thought.
Unread 10-19-2011, 02:25 PM

I too have several clots of hand size for quiet few years now.
Tried several medications but were of little help,Scheduled for a partial hysterectomy on dec 5 th i am 38 yrs old now and have mixed feelings about it.......
Unread 10-19-2011, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avani View Post
I too have several clots of hand size for quiet few years now.
Tried several medications but were of little help,Scheduled for a partial hysterectomy on dec 5 th i am 38 yrs old now and have mixed feelings about it.......
I feel you. I am 51 years old and have dealt with fibroids since the age of 40. It's been such a long,hard journey. I just recently started passing clots. I heard about clots from other fibroid sufferers but only recently started passing them myself but none as big as my hand...yet. I went to my ob/gyn on the 14th and she feels a hysterectomy is the best treatment option for my fibroids. I have mixed feelings about a hysterectomy even though I am 51 years old and won't be having any children. Real talk something about a hysterectomy is embarrassing to me. Something about a hysterectomy and snorfleing a dog is the same to me. Also since I have so much shame surrounding a hysterectomy I'm reluctant to talk to anybody about it.
Unread 10-19-2011, 05:06 PM

I am not really sure, I had had clots quarter size or a little bigger for many years. And nothing was done about it. Now I am two weeks post lavh.
I did however take depo lupron birth control for many years to stop period. That helped me as far as bleeding.
Unread 10-19-2011, 05:59 PM

Before my hysterectomy I had silver dollor or bigger sized clots. They would come out whenever I stood up. I could feel it and it grossed me out.... but one of my coworkers said the same thing happened to her before her hysterectomy.
Unread 10-19-2011, 07:31 PM

I also have had golf ball to soft ball sized clots for the past few months. My dr said it was because of my uterine lining being so thick.

I became anemic because of that and heavy bleeding. If you start to notice your tired a lot, have trouble breathing when doing your normal activities or start wanting to chew on ice let your dr know so he/she can order a blood test to check your iron levels.

Good luck. I'm off to the castle on Tuesday, hope to see your doing better when I'm back.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register