Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008 - Page 56 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008 Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008

Unread 02-04-2008, 11:13 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008

Hi Ladies, although I have been reading a lot here on the Hystersister site I have not been a part of the forums. ( mainly due to being very computer savy)
I to made it to chuch, and did not have to wear tights although I ususally do, this Sunday was blue jean sunday due to super bowl, each year we host several parties within our congregation. I was pleased that my jeans went on, but found I was ready for my flannel pj pants.
Today I am staying in my PJ's and working on a cookbook my daughter gave me for my 42nd birthday, last week.
My queastion out there for anyone is anyone suffering from depression, heavy heartedness, the blues. I am generally a busy bee and I find that I dont want to finish any task from thank you cards to returning phone calls. I am on HRT I am taking the Vivelle dot 0.05.
I am going to the doctor on Friday and have been journaling how I am feeling. The constant snopw, sleet and rain could be part of the problem here in the midwest.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-04-2008, 12:16 PM

Welcome Retired2TV and S.Klay! I had my LAVH right in between you two (1/9).

Retired, I wouldn't worry too much about your spotting, as your doctor said. From what I've read on the website, this is the time that the internal stitches are dissolving and that can cause some bleeding. It sounds like you're doing well. Glad to hear it!

S.Klay, I'm sorry you're having problems with depression. I think the weather can really do a number on our emotions, even without recovering from major surgery. This is the place to vent! Lots of caring people who are feeling for you and some (like me) who will pray for you to feel better! I am not taking hormones, so I don't really know about how that impacts your emotions. Others will let you know their experiences, I'm sure.

I am recovering quickly from surgery--had some problems with bleeding about a week and a half ago, but it resolved itself. I am most pleasantly surprised that even though they took out my ovaries, I haven't struggled with any menopausal symptoms. Just a few warm and cold episodes here and there, but nothing dramatic. I realize I'm one of the lucky ones, because some women have a terrible time with it. (I have family history of breast cancer--one reason I had my ovaries removed, so I wouldn't keep having estrogen pouring into my system each month--and that's why I don't take hormones.) Each woman has to find what works best for her. That's why it's so great to have this site to speak up and get feedback from others!

Hang in there. I hope you feel better soon!
Unread 02-04-2008, 12:34 PM

Hello sisters. Hope everyone is doing well. I spent the last cpl days in bed caught kids flu ugh. Now bleeding is worse and pain is back. ugh. Good thing I still have a cpl pain meds left.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-04-2008, 01:15 PM

Hi everyone:

Well, this recovery is really up and down. Tonight I think I've had it. Day 21 post op and I am growing tired of this whole thing. Today I felt worse than I've felt in a while.

I'd been having this pain on the right side that's been getting steadily worse (I've been posting all of you to see if any of you had similar experiences.) I also have a pink discharge that's been growing heavier and smellier. Last night the pain woke me and today it was really bad, even hurt when I walked, breathed, etc. By tonight DH dragged me to the ER as he was concerned there might be an abcess (mixed blessing being married to a surgeon. They worry.) They did an ultrasound and found a fluid collection where it's been hurting.

They wanted me to stick around and have it drained but I decided that I preferred to see my regular doctor tomorrow (I have a scheduled appointment anyway.) I don't have fever and decided that whatever it is can wait 12 hours until my doctor who knows me,who did the surgery, can assess the situation. I took one look at the exhausted gynecology resident on call who would do the procedure and decided that neither of us needed an all-nighter, nor did I need a new face on my case if this wasn't an emergency. Even though they were surprised at my attitude they assured me that there was no danger in waiting until morning.

Now I'm not sure what they'll do tomw. DH thinks they'll use an ultrasound to locate the collection of fluid and then stick a drain in through the vagina (sounds pleasant.) YUK. I'm very grumpy tonight, I must admit.

Anybody have anything like this? Heard of it? Sorry to be such a pest.

Thanks to everyone,

Sarah
TAH and retrocele 1/13/08
Unread 02-04-2008, 01:30 PM

Oh, Sarah, I'm so sorry you're going through this! (sounds like you made a good choice to wait and see your regular doctor, though.)

I'll be praying for you to get relief soon. Hope you can rest tonight.
Unread 02-04-2008, 01:39 PM

Sgreenarch,

I have not heard of this but I feel for you!! You have every right to be grumpy if you feel like it!! First of all, our hormones are all over the place right now. So even if you had no reason it would still be ok to be grumpy. Let's see the guys told to lift no more than 5 lbs for 6 weeks!! I never realized how much everything weighs. According to my husband a gallon of milk weighs 8 lbs to give you an idea.

I do not have what you are dealing with but I am seeing my dr 6 days a week for incision cleanings. I have sensitive skin and putting the tape on and off each day( 2x so I can shower before I go to the dr) has left a criss cross of tape residue. Think what happens when you take a bandaid off. You know the stickiness that is left that can not be scrubbed off it just has to wear off? Imagine it all over your lower abdomen. I am overweight so I get the joy of sticking together everytime I stand up!! ( Yes - you all have permission to laugh. I would if it weren't me!)

I think you made the right decision in waiting to see your dr. You are so right that no one knows what you have been through more than the one that did it to you. My thoughts are with you and I hope things go smoothly for you. Let us know what happens.

Good Luck
Unread 02-04-2008, 01:43 PM

I am exactly 3 weeks out from surgery and have been back to work for a week. I feel great. Time for my period came and went and it was cool except my body still thought I should still have one cause I had the boob tenderness for about 1 day and that was it. I am soooo glad I did this.
Unread 02-04-2008, 01:45 PM

Sarah

I too am sorry that you are feeling bad. I'm glad that the surgeon in your house took action. Sometimes we think things will pass, but someone else recognizes a situation that may not be an "emergency" but is not casual either.

I am asking GOD's richest blessings on you and those who will handle your care tomorrow.

By the way .... I have to tell you just how cool I think it is to have a sister in Israel. When I read your snow report, I sat in complete awe. I now tell my friends that I have a sister in Israel. Thanks for unknowingly giving me that honor.
Unread 02-04-2008, 01:49 PM

Went on a road trip to my mom's in NW ALA this past weekend - was a little tiring, but not so much as to make me want to nap - hopefully a little endurance is building.

Always good to visit with mom... the comforts of home, my old bedroom and of course, the cooking is always grand...

Me and DH ventured into the 'outer play' arena the other night - and the O is still there! Talk about relief (for both of us).... it was great!

gladitsover8 - hey from Douglasville - which Centerville are you in - you know the Peach state has three of them?
Unread 02-04-2008, 01:54 PM
did anyone get their hospital bill?

yikes - 860 bucks after already paying 90 on the day of. I SHOULD be thankful tho, could have been 16K without insurance. My ebalation/d&c was 325 out of pocket, now wasted...can I get a refund for the october procedure?

Now I have impetus to go back to work!

Sarah - hope that pain or abcess or whatever it is will be relieved soon. I would have waited to see my own doc too!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register