Hi I'm new to the site. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hi I'm new to the site. Hi I'm new to the site.

Unread 09-23-2002, 08:41 PM
Hi I'm new to the site.

I went to have my bladder checked for what seemed like slow urine flow.. any way the bladder looked normal but something was pressing on it.. so I had a pelvic CT and it showed a markedly enlarged uterus indicitive of fibriods.
I made an appointment with a Gyn.
I'm 40 and have not had any symptoms.
I noticed my periods may bit a bit heavier than before and I pass more clots.
My cycle is still normal and I had a hormone blood test that said I'm still ovualting.
I guess I'm curious as to what will happen from here?

Thanks
Rainee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-23-2002, 09:02 PM
Hi I'm new to the site.

Hi Rainee,

Welcome to this great site! I'm sure you will love it here. What was the CT like? I haven't had one of those.

I suppose your gyn will run some tests. I'm having my 3rd ultrasound tomorrow. It shows pretty well the fibroids locations and size. It can determine if the fibroid in inside the uterus or deep in the wall of the uterus or on the outside ot it.

After your doctor exams you he may run past you all your options for fibroids and how you are going to get some relief for your bladder. There are quite a few things that can be done depending on the outcome of all your tests.

Clotting and heavier periods are symptoms of fibroids. Other symptoms are: aching back and lower pelvic pressure, bladder and rectum problems, obstruction of bladder, break through bleeding, to name a few.

Sometimes during certain times like pregnancy and perimenopausal we can have surges of estrogen and fibroids begin to grow. I'm sure you will do your own research and learn all about them. Follow the links at the beginning of the threads and use the purple search button at the top for more conversations.

Enjoy this site...it is wonderful.
Unread 09-24-2002, 12:36 PM
Thanks

Thanks for your reply.
The CT was not bad I just didn't like drinking the barium and the dye they injected scared me..
It kinda shocked my system when it hit me.

Rainee

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register