Starting to get jitters | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Starting to get jitters Starting to get jitters

Unread 06-05-2008, 06:44 AM
Starting to get jitters

Well tomorrow is the big day to go to the castle. I have not had any problems with nerves much, but this morning there is something that is bothering me a little. I am diabetic and my sugars were low this morning. With being on a clear liquid diet I am afraid of being low tomorrow morning for surgery or possibly going low during surgery. Any suggestions from others out there?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-05-2008, 07:17 AM
Starting to get jitters

Good luck to you. I am right there with you! I'm a nurse so I know a little about this. Make sure you have some sweet clear liquids right before 12 midnight such as apple juice, 7-up etc. I assume if you are on insulin or oral meds, they told you to skip you morning dose. Check your sugar in the morning at home so you can tell the nurses what it is. They will check it again when you get there. If it is a problem they will notify surgery and will start an IV with dextrose right away. It will not be a problem. Everyone will be aware of your condition and act accordingly. Best of luck, see you on the other side......
Unread 06-05-2008, 11:49 AM
Starting to get jitters

Sillyme

Thanks for your reply and your answer sure helped. I do have some apple juice and will try to drink some before I go to bed. Yes they did tell me do not take my meds the morning of the surgery.

I was just kind of freaked out, as the last few days I have been down in the 60's in the morning, but this morning really gave me a scare. I checked my sugar before I went to bed and was 89. I ate 2 of the little mini cupcakes that you can buy at the store, and when I got up this morning I was down to 52.

I would hate to be that low in the morning and think well I will just let the hospital get me squared away, as we live over an hour to the hospital and that wouldn't be to good to try to make that kind of a trip being that low, but at the same time, don't want to be to high either as they would cancel the surgery.

Anyhow.....lol.....good luck with your surgery also. Hope you have an uneventful and speedy recovery...and I'll see you on the other side.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-05-2008, 12:04 PM
Starting to get jitters

Also I know because I am in your shoes, try to RELAX, (easier said than done). You are probalby super active today trying to get last minute things done as well as very stressed out. Both of which can lower your glucose. Good luck to you too.
Unread 06-05-2008, 01:40 PM
Starting to get jitters

Hey girl,

Good luck tomorrow - we'll all have you in our hearts and prayers. Sending my major BLESSINGS.

TANK
Unread 06-05-2008, 02:10 PM
Starting to get jitters

Sillyme-- Actually today has been a pretty light day. Just put a load of laundry in and getting the last bit of things around to take with us. I knew with it being clean out day that I would be spending most of the day in the bathroom, so got most things done earlier in the week. Thanks for your help, you have made me feel better about the blood sugars.

Tank--Thank you very much....you still have awhile before your surgery, and it may seem like time is crawling, but it will be here sooner than you think.
Unread 06-05-2008, 03:39 PM
nervous and perhaps a silly question, too.

Hi! I don't know where to post this question, so I thought I'd dive in here. If I'm in the wrong place, I'm sure someone will kindly re-direct my post, right? My surgery is in twelve days and I'm just starting to get the jitters. I've planned, made lists, and shopped and cooked, and trained the kids, plus left myself with several things to finish to keep myself very busy but I'm starting to jump from project to project because I can't just focus on one thing. I'm driving everyone around me nuts with my one-track mind.
My question is this: If people who get a body part amputated feel "phantom" pains (I've heard all sorts of descriptions) after the appendage is gone, will we experience something similar? Is some of the pain just from healing stitches, pulled muscles, and messed up nerve endings? Or is there also the phantom pain issue where the body sends messages that the ovaries are mittelschmertzing or the uterus cramping?
Blessings,
Joyful!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register