Scheduled LAVH Venting-Started period yesterday! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Venting-Started period yesterday! Venting-Started period yesterday!

Unread 04-25-2012, 12:32 PM
Venting-Started period yesterday!

Aghh, how unfair! Surgery is scheduled for tomorrow am, but started period yesterday. I was really hoping that surgery would happen before the next period came, but of course, with 10 days on and 10 days off it was bound to happen. Feel like crap and hard to focus and get everything done yesterday and today. To top it all off my 9 yr old is really stressed about the surgery.
Sorry for the vent. I had to somewhere...
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-25-2012, 12:43 PM
Re: Venting-Started period yesterday!

I'm scheduled for tomorrow morning, too! And I just started my period 2 days ago, after not having one since January. Before that, I was bleeding all the time. Go figure. My body is so whacked out.

Don't worry about venting - I'm a bit on edge today. I've been kind of up and down yesterday and today (and for the past couple of weeks, come to think of it). Trying to work, but starting bowel prep right now. Not sure how much work I'll get done.

Good luck tomorrow!
Unread 04-25-2012, 12:43 PM

I'm sorry
I'm dreading my last one next month. Should come the week before surgery. I'm so sick of losing two weeks or more of productive life every month. Good luck tomorrow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-25-2012, 02:05 PM

I'll probably start overnight tonight and surgery is tomorrow for me. The worst part is not being able to take anything for these ridiculous cramps. UGH
I feel your pain
Unread 04-25-2012, 02:12 PM

Good luck to all of us on the 26th!
Unread 04-25-2012, 02:15 PM

Sorry you all are having a rough day. HUGS n MORE HUGS. You will get through it. I do have a somewhat stupid question. So since you started your period.......do you have to reschedule the surgery or what? I am curious. I obviously have not had consultation yet. With my irregular bleeding, I rather not be on my cycle during surgery. I know the bleeding can be unpredictable but its uncomfortable.
Unread 04-25-2012, 02:27 PM

As far as I know, don't have to reschedule Dr. didn't say anything. I would imagine for some of us we may be waiting for a long time to be able to schedule if it couldn't be done while bleeding...
Unread 04-25-2012, 02:41 PM

Good luck tomorrow ladies! From what I have read being on your period is not a problem.
Unread 04-25-2012, 03:31 PM

After months and months of horrible, irregular periods, mine stopped this Feb. 16th. On Feb. 18th I decided on a hysterectomy due to enlarged uterus and big fibroids. Guess when it came back? Yep, the MORNING of my surgery. April
9th. I kid you not. No problem having the surgery. Just tell the nurse who will give you your gown/robe/slippers, etc. and she will make sure you have what you need. Good luck to you all...don't worry, it really is OK over here on this side!! xxxLaura
Unread 04-25-2012, 03:40 PM

laura - it's like, what the?! Glad I'm not the only one who's experienced this weirdness. When it did reappear a couple of days ago, I was like "yeah, I am so done with you now!"

Thanks for the info/advice and the good word on the other side of this.

Karen

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register