Upcoming hysterectomy 5/25: Worried, spot on Liver (worried about being converted to abdominal; anyone with experience?) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Upcoming hysterectomy 5/25: Worried, spot on Liver (worried about being converted to abdominal; anyone with experience?) Upcoming hysterectomy 5/25: Worried, spot on Liver (worried about being converted to abdominal; anyone with experience?)

Unread 05-16-2017, 06:15 PM
Upcoming hysterectomy 5/25: Worried, spot on Liver (worried about being converted to abdominal; anyone with experience?)

My surgery is 5/25. After a CT scan I was told I needed an MRI to see what the spot on my liver was. Yesterday I had a second MRI with contrast and am worried about this "spot" which has also been called a lesion and a nodule (I prefer spot!). My doctor said that if there is something to this spot she will try to have the other doctor (surgeon) do whatever needs doing at the same time as my hysterectomy. What scares me most is that I'm having the Davinci Robotic hysterectomy and if there is a problem with my liver will I wake up with an abdominal incision. Hopefully she'll have results in a few days and it will turn out to be nothing much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-16-2017, 07:36 PM
Re: Worried About Spot on Liver

Hi avongal -

It is quite understandable that you would be worried about a spot on your liver, let alone a lesion or a nodule! . I do not know what would happen if it looked more strange when they were there doing your hysterectomy. Maybe they could do a biopsy of the spot with the robotic equipment. You may ask your doctor if there is a liver issue, would they have to open you up. If so, you will probably have to sign forms for that.

We do have lots of ladies on this site. Maybe one of them has experienced something similar, and will respond to this post. You cannot be the only one.

Unread 05-17-2017, 05:43 AM
Re: Worried About Spot on Liver (worried about being converted to open abdominal; anyone with experience?)

Hi avongal - i went into surgery with a cancer diagnosis and knew there was a chance that my dr would have to convert to abdominal due to size of uterus. So i made myself be prepared for the worse while hoping for the best. And yep i woke up with an 8" vertical incision since my uterus was the size of a 5 month pregnancy so no way they couldve done laparoscopic and vag removal. All the cancer was contained in the uterus so even tho they were prepared to take lymph nodes, they didnt need to.
So what i told myself is that the doctor has to do whatever she needs to do to get that uterus out of me and all my worrying wont change a thing. And now that im on post-op day 9, i can see how quickly im healing and am glad i didnt worry alot beforehand. Yes i was scared. Yes i was nervous. But i didnt obsess. Thank God!!
Sending big hugs to you! Praying for all good reports for you!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-17-2017, 07:40 AM
Re: Upcoming hysterectomy 5/25: Worried, spot on Liver (worried about being converted to abdominal; anyone with experien

Was that the first CT scan you'd ever had in your life? My pre-surgery CT scan was my first. It revealed all kinds of interesting things, including that I had a hemiangioma on my liver. The hemiangioma has been there, unchanged, on every scan I've had since. It's quite likely been there since I was born. It's completely harmless.

I knew going in that I was having abdominal surgery with a vertical incision. That's because my surgery was for endometrial cancer, and my surgeon wanted as much room as possible to look around for any signs that the cancer had spread. I woke up with a 7" incision closed with 38 stitches. Recovery was long but surprisingly easy. Once I was recovered, I had no trouble returning to my regular physical activities. Four years later, my scar is almost completely faded away.

*IF* your doc needs to convert to an abdominal, it's not a completely awful thing. :-)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register