ovarian cysts,surgery,adoption | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

ovarian cysts,surgery,adoption ovarian cysts,surgery,adoption

Unread 03-18-2001, 06:03 PM
ovarian cysts,surgery,adoption

hi,

let me start with a long story...i had an invitro procedure 2.5 years ago...at that time i got peritonitis and had to have emergency surgery. The surgeon found my right ovary so infected he would have taken it out except he knew we were trying to have a baby. The catscans and surgery showed no ovarian cysts, etc.. just the infection from the invitro. At the same time my mom died of ovarian cancer. She was 75. Jump forward the 2.5 years and here I am diagnosed with 2 very large complex cysts on my ovaries. No free fluid...oh , I am 45. I have been to the doctor twice a year since mom died and he did not find them. The topper is we are matched for an adoption in May and now I am afraid I have ovarian cancer and the adoption will not go thru. I have only had pelvic pain , especially with sex, as my only symptom. Still have regular cycles, no heavy bleeding, no cramps, etc. I was diagnosed with colon cysts last december, but they were benign. I do have fibroids, right in the front of my uterus. The only reason these cysts were found is because I insisted on knowing I was healthy for the adoption.
I am so scared! Surgery is scheduled for next Monday. That doesn't scare me , what scares me is the fear of having the cancer and losing the adoption.

any good advice would be helpful.. any similar happy ending storys would be appreciated.

thanks
nadine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-18-2001, 06:39 PM

Hi Nadine,

Welcome to Hystersisters! I'm so glad you found us!

I know how scared you are about the thought of cancer, just the thought of it can stop you in your tracks. I do hope and pray for a good outcome to your surgery but do want to tell you that even if it goes the other way, it IS treatable and you can live life normally.

I'm sorry, I'm not much help in the issue of adoption, but do know a couple of ladies who've gone though it so I'll pass your post along to them so maybe they can assist you. Also, you may want to post on the aching hearts forum in addition, there may be some additional ladies on there I'm not aware of.

Take care, my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Vicki
Unread 03-18-2001, 10:20 PM

Dear Nadine,

It's important that you put your health at the top of your list of concerns, but I certainly understand your fears that a bad doctor's report can hamper your adoption efforts.

Our daughter arrived at the absolute worst financial times of our whole married life. DH & I had both recently changed jobs, and due to payday snafu, I had to borrow cash from my boss to buy groceries. We had one weeks notice to get our act together... ack!

But when the phone call comes, how do you say, wait, let me check my wallet & make sure I have enough $$ for groceries? And how do you, Nadine, say, wait til my doc report comes back? Is it ever the perfect time to become a parent?

I wish you good news from your doc, peace in your heart... and a happy family soon.

Feel free to email or IM anytime. Sending cyberhugs
Unread 03-19-2001, 02:14 AM

Hi Nadine, it is true that cancer is scary, but you must take a big deep breath and try to relax. You are not sure if you have cancer so try to think positive. I am sending you lots of hugs and prayers . Good luck on Monday and please come back and let us know how you are doing
Unread 03-19-2001, 05:44 AM

Please don't jump to conclusions and get yourself all upset for nothing. You need to first find out IF cancer is involved and then focus your mind on getting well. As for the adoption, well I can't help but to beleive that if it is meant to be...then it will be. Take care of yourself and know that we will be waiting to hear how everything goes for you.
Unread 03-19-2001, 06:05 AM
Is this Monday today?

All opinions stated below are my own and are not intended as medical advice.

Hi Nadine

I wasn't clear if your surgery is today or NEXT Monday, so don't know if you will get this before surgery. I wanted to tell you that I had complex cysts - LOTS of them - on both ovaries. My doctor thought for sure I had cancer, since I am in the high risk age group as well and there were signs of leakage from one ovary. The good news is that ALL pathology reports, and there were plenty of them, came back benign.

I can understand your concern around the adoption. But hey - one problem at a time. Get this one taken care of and then see where you stand. Hopefully you will be pleasantly surprised and the adoption will go ahead as planned.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register