New here..34 years old having the one next week any other thirtysomethings out there? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

New here..34 years old having the one next week any other thirtysomethings out there? New here..34 years old having the one next week any other thirtysomethings out there?

Unread 01-17-2010, 04:20 PM
New here..34 years old having the one next week any other thirtysomethings out there?

Hello, I have been reading some of the posts and it looks like i just can't find any sisters who are around my age. Everyone is a bit older and dealing with menopause issues and what not. Does anyone have any suggestions of what I should do for recovery? I am very fit and I like to move. Any other thirtysomethings have some advice? Thanks much!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-18-2010, 05:03 AM
Re: New here..34 years old having the one next week any other thirtysomethings out th

It's great to have you join us!

We have many ladies in their 30s and I hope they'll be along very soon to share.

Sending all good wishes for your surgery and recovery!

Unread 01-18-2010, 05:32 AM
Re: New here..34 years old having the one next week any other thirtysomethings out th

I'm 38. Having surgery in two days so no advice yet. I'll post when I figure it out. What type are you having? I am getting it all out, including ovaries, so I will have the menopause issues, doing HRT.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-18-2010, 07:09 AM

Hi...I am actually 26. My surgery is scheduled February 26th 2010. I am loosing my uterus at cesarian because of a placenta accreda, an abnormal attachment of the placenta to the uterus which would likely kill me if they tried to detatch it. The safest surgery is hysterectomy.
Unread 01-18-2010, 07:30 AM

I'm 30 and am scheduled for TAH on January 28, 2010. I have a 20cm fibroid. I'm also new here. Best to you all
Unread 01-18-2010, 07:34 AM

Hi.

I'm 31. I am also 5 weeks out tomorrow from a LAVH. I kept my ovaries. I was very active and fit before my hysterectomy, too. I am just now slowly working back into a modified workout to tone my muscles and build back some endurance. All in all I had a pretty easy recovery because I did not lift or push a cart or try to do too much too early.

I think you will do well. Just be sure that take a little time to take it easy. If you are already fit, you will probably bounce back easier than someone who was not already fit before her surgery.

Best wishes,

alicat
Unread 01-18-2010, 07:51 AM

Hi,
I turned 38 today and had a TAH on November 30, 2009. I was in good shape before that(considering I was pregnant)and I have still found my recovery to be alot of ups and downs. The first week or two were the most difficult for me. Alot of pain and achiness. After that things started to feel better. I pushed myself more than what was recommended because I couldn't stand to be "still" anymore. So far I am doing just fine at 7 weeks. My advice would be to follow whatever orders your doctor gives you and listen to your body. If you are tired, then rest. If you are sore, then relax. Nobody knows your body better than you. Good luck with your surgery and I wish you a speedy recovery. Hugs
Unread 01-18-2010, 08:51 AM

Hi

I'm 37 and had LSH on January 15th.

It's great that you are fit and active as this should help your healing. Remember to listen to your body and not overdo it. You only have ONE chance to heal properly.
Unread 01-18-2010, 08:53 AM

I'm 30. Going in Monday, January 25th.. for a LAVH. SCARED!!! Yes. Glad to get it overwith however.

Blessings to those who are feeling ill today..
Unread 01-18-2010, 09:05 AM

hi i am almost 50yrs . i had vaginal hysterectomy and pelvic floor repair on 5th jan 2010. I cant believe how well i am feeling . All sisters in waiting please, please do not be worrying. Do what your told post op. xxx MALEE

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register