Symptoms after total abdominal hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Community - HysterSisters > New Member Help Center - Introduce Yourself

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Symptoms after total abdominal hysterectomy Symptoms after total abdominal hysterectomy

Unread 09-23-2021, 11:22 PM
Symptoms after total abdominal hysterectomy

I'm 45 yrs old on August 19, I had a total abdominal hysterectomy. Heavy bleeding, anemia, low energy, tired, fainted, fibroids large uterus, pains migraine headache, UTIs etc etc. Never expected for the surgery recovery to be so slow.its been 5 weeks. I'm still sore, had a migraine headache last night so bad I'm still feel sick, finally having regular bowel movements, I'm still spotting, yellowish, I feel sometimes really tired other times more energy, having cramps like if I'm having my period, I do see some improvement in my health. However migraine and cramps are still there. Dr said because I have my ovaries. I feel sharp pains here and there. I developed heartburn and acid fluid. I still cant eat alot. I do feel nauseous I'm not sure if it because when I have to urine or is my allergies that just became so intense. I forgot to mention been in the ER several times after surgery. Do to the Norco medicine giving me HIVES, the other o didnt expect to be spotting after a week of my surgery..I suddenly started bleeding but it slow down to spotting, still spotting mostly every day. My asiatic nerve has been acting up.. I'm starting to be able to sit longer..my right side near my leg hurts.. I started feeling depressed..just feeling useless and still having pains and not feeling 100%. I started working but even a few hours make me feel overwhelmed. My eating is so bad in the beginning when I came home my blood pressure dropped ambulance were called.. it's a slow and frustrating roller coaster ride. When will all this get better. Now with migraines it doesn't help my recovery..I'm still walking slow is this normal..I get to see my dr next week on the 6th week. I never got to see him on my 2 week of recovery they said he never schedules a two week check up. I see everyone had them, plus he never responds to my calls. I have to call ER on call to help me. Also I forgot they gave me med for UTI again on the 1 week. Just for the dr to say I was fine...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-23-2021, 11:22 PM
Welcome!

Welcome to HysterSisters!

You don't have a hysterectomy date mentioned in your profile (click here to add it if you know what it is!)

For helpful information and resources you will find specific help by clicking these links: for Treatment Options, for Pre-Op Or for Post-Op.

You will find wonderful information in our Hysterectomy Checkpoints.

For more information about managing your journey around the site, visit New Here. General answers to basic questions about the site can be found in our FAQ.

If you have a "mister" or other family member who wonders how they can best take care of you, visit and share this website with them: Mister HysterSisters.

Please [click here] and fill out your Member Survey. It is fast and easy and will help others to be able to provide support for your hysterectomy needs. (And you will get your first member badge!)

We are glad you registered!

Be Well!

Again, welcome to HysterSisters!

P.S. This is our "Introduce Yourself" forum and its purpose is to point you in the proper direction for the best support for your needs. Only staff can reply here for the purpose of helping you find your way around the HysterSisters.com website. Support by our members is offered in our support forums (links in this reply above) where you can ask your specific questions and receive replies from our members. We look forward to seeing you on the support boards of this site!
Unread 09-24-2021, 04:06 AM
Re: Symptoms after total abdominal hysterectomy

We’re sorry you’re having problems that bring you here but very glad you’ve joined and hope you’ll benefit from the wealth of information and support.

As prompted during registration, please take a moment to add the surgery date to your profile as many important support features are triggered by this and we wouldn't want you to miss out! You can do that by clicking on “Profile--Hyst Date” at the bottom of your screen, or the first link in the reply above. (Remember to then scroll down and “save changes”). Thank you.

In Princess Ruby’s links above you’ll find our Post-Op Page which is packed with information and articles that address all our most commonly asked questions in the last 23 years, but please don't hesitate to start a new thread for support in the Recovery Questions Forum where post-op sisters can share hugs and experiences. (You'll need to add the surgery date to enable posting).

Also, please take advantage of your personalised checkpoints which will refresh on an ongoing basis (with the surgery date in your profile) and our extensive Post-Op Video Library, too.

We're sending best wishes and positive thoughts as you continue to heal.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-24-2021, 09:49 PM

Hi Ruby I believe I added the date of my surgery
Unread 09-25-2021, 02:40 AM

(((Svasquez12)))

It's still not showing, most likely because the entry wasn't "saved". But that's no problem - we can add it for you.

Unread 09-26-2021, 02:48 PM

Question is it normal to be having cramps like before total abdominal hysterectomy? It's been 5 weeks already
Unread 09-26-2021, 03:22 PM

Please don't hesitate to start a new thread over on the Post-Op Hysterectomy Support message board so that you can get feedback from members who can relate. (Here in the Introduce Yourself forum only staff can reply.)

We'll look for you in Post-Op!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register