I am so depressed today | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I am so depressed today I am so depressed today

Unread 12-20-2003, 12:26 PM
I am so depressed today

Hi all,

I am so down today I don't have any energy all I did was go out one day after my first week check up and ever since then I have been cramping bleeding some and just so tired. My vagina hurts pains shooting up it I know that is normal from what my doc said but today is 10 days from my surgery. Changing my stool softerns made a lot of problems I didn't poop so now I am back on 2 a day because I can't get constipated that hurts so bad.
The only other new thing is the estrogen patch would it or could it be causing me to be tired???
I know I am still early on in recovery but I just thought after 10 days I would have more energy.
I feel like a complainer which I am not and have never been in my whole life. I put up with major pain for years from all my GYN problems now I can't seem to bounce back and get going. How is it that before my surgery when I was hurting so badly I was able to keep going and now all I can do is sleep???? Oh my goodness I finally looked at the pelvic floor good thing I didn't before.
When I saw just how ugly all those things were that they took out of me I thought no wonder I felt so bad. Well just needed to vent thanks for listening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-20-2003, 12:48 PM
I am so depressed today

ten days post op is really not a long period of time, especially if you had an abdominal incision to have the hyst.

I am a little over a month out, and I am still at about 50% power. I have had 6 major surgeries for female troubles, (two in the last 6 months, with the hyst being the last one), and it seems like I go up and down in my recoveries. I rest alot and take care of my self, and then I feel so much better the next day, I will cook a pot of stew and do some laundry, and sweep the floors, and then I pay for it the next day! It's a reminder that we need to take it easy! Think of this, lots of women are off work (if they work outside thehome) for 6-8 weeks following this surgery... and so it is recognized that this is a big surgery and a substantial recovery.

So take it EASY on yourself, and don't do too much or you'll pay the next day! This is the time to be the pampered princess, and let others do for you. You'll be better soon enough. Don't feel alone in this.... this is hard to get through for some of us....

I hope you will be feeling better soon!

Lynn
Unread 12-20-2003, 12:52 PM
I am so depressed today

I had a different kind of surgery however...recovery takes at leat 6 weeks (I'm at week 4) so slow down, rest, and give yourself time. Maybe you thought that after surgery everything would be hunky-dory immediately. Your body has gone through hell - let it heal!!! Snuggle up in bed, watch a good movie, and SLEEP (that's when your body heals). It will get better - hang in there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-20-2003, 12:58 PM
I am so depressed today

Hi,

No I didn't think everything would be hunky dory after my surgery I just did what the doc said to do walk a little and now 2 days later I am still suffering. I know I have been through a lot actually 20 yrs of previous problems and past surgeries I just didn't realize how tired I would be. I thought with the LAVH my recovery time would be so mch less but my doc says it is about the same as TAH so I am understanding that now.
I still think that the fact that my surgery was 3 hrs long has something to do with why I am so tired that is a long time to be under. Thanks for replying
Unread 12-20-2003, 01:23 PM
I am so depressed today

Hey Sammie,

Sorry you are feeling down, but let me assure you it gets better. I will be 6 weeks post-op Monday and I still don't have all the energy prior surgery, but week 5 was a complete turn-around for me. I am feeling lots better and a little more energy. I still tire easily but have found that I am not napping during the day and I am sleeping all night. I do a few things and then rest. If I over-do it, then I have to pay. SO..... it just takes time, and believe me at 5 weeks 5 days we still need to rest and let our bodies continue to heal.

Take care!
Unread 12-20-2003, 01:26 PM
I am so depressed today

Hi again. I get so exhausted and am sure that it can't be normal. But...I think it is. This is a tough recovery and although I knew it (from reading everything under the sun) I didn't quite digest it. It just doesn't seem right to be this tired after being home for a month. All I can say (again) is to hang in there. Remember - the worst is now behind you - from here on in it's about healing and moving on with your (healthy) life. Go take a nap!!!

Susan
Unread 12-20-2003, 01:42 PM
I am so depressed today

Dear Sammie,
You are so early in your healing process -- that is why you are so tired. I am 7-1/2 weeks post-tah/bso, and after a really full day of shopping and cooking yesterday, I am totally exhausted and sore today. So, you need to rest, rest, rest -- that's how you get more and more energy to do what you used to before surgery. Good luck, and take care.
Sheree, Tarzana, CA
Unread 12-20-2003, 03:16 PM
I am so depressed today

Hi all,

Thanks so much for the encouraging replys, I did go take a nap and other than waking up all sweaty I feel better emotionally. I am still cramping
but I am sure that is normal..My b/f of 23 years keeps telling me this is the one chance you have to recover and take off work as long as you need to so do it. I haven't had a vacation in over 15 years with college, grad school and working two jobs during that time I guess now is the time to rest. I have to admit I am a type A personality so I have a lot to change and I am working on it. You are all so sweet and kind I appreciate the replys. It is so funny I am getting so much comfort from strangers that I have never met. My friends just say you look great I want to say yea but it wasn't my face they took apart..lol...they just don't understand and it is so nice to have you all thanks again....
Unread 12-22-2003, 07:36 AM
I am so depressed today

I am currently 10 weeks post-op and I still don't have any energy. I have just put my tree up over the weekend, but I still have the lights and everything else to put on the tree. All I want to do when I get home from work is sleep. I have an appointment next month because I feel my left over is still sleepting since I'm having night sweats, no engergy, memory loss, irritable, etc. I also had my bladder lifted and I still have lots of pain when I uriinate which I'm concerned about.

I'll be so glad when this holiday season is over so I don't have to do all the running around.. I'll be glad when I'm completely back to normal. I guess we have to listen to our bodies when it needs to rest.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register