Hellllllllppp! Anyone!!? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hellllllllppp! Anyone!!? Hellllllllppp! Anyone!!?

Unread 06-20-2004, 11:37 AM
Hellllllllppp! Anyone!!?

Hi ladies

Can anyone please help me. Since my total ab hysterectomy (kept ovaries) on 17th Feb occasionally I have been suffering from the following (only now they don't seem to want to go away)!!

Acne (I'm like a teenager again - only I didn't get acne in my teens)
Bodily and facial hair (I'm shaving 3 times more frequently and having to use depilatory cream on my upper lip twice weekly instead of twice monthly)
Eyebrows growing like mad (have to pluck every day!!)
And now which is worst of all my breast feel like they are going to explode - the pain is horrendous I can't bear to touch them or wear a bra against them (letting them loose - well it's agony), my nipples are constantly hard and aching - I know I should laugh but it's not funny when your boobs feel like this for weeks on end - and then it disappears for a while then it all comes back!!

When I went to the hospital last month I asked the consultant to do a hormone check but he said that all these things were normal for my age !!! I'm 40 years old and not at all menopausal..... I wanted to check whether my hormones were balanced?? but he said no need..... I have also gained a stone in weight which whatever I do does not move (I have joined weight watchers and still nothing).

Please have any of you other ladies out there had a similar problem, it is my hormones or something else. I am really fed up.

Please help.

Linnij

TAH Kept ovaries due to heavy prolonged periods for 27 years and clotting, severe back and pelvic pains, adeno and fibroids.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-20-2004, 11:57 AM
Hellllllllppp! Anyone!!?

Just a guess, but it sounds like estrogen dominance? I remember having some of those symptoms after my TAH when I kept my ovaries, but now that my ovaries are gone I don't have them at all. I'm not sure though. It does sound hormonal to me though.
Unread 06-20-2004, 12:03 PM
Hellllllllppp! Anyone!!?

Hi

My face looks like a teen too. Sore breasts and so cranky.

I have been doing research on Progesterone. Go online and check it out.

Seems to be the balance needed to calm estrogen dominance.

Just my opinion. I started using it last week. Too soon to tell. But I am sold on it.

Check with your doctor. Most say you don't need it. But I disagree.

Like I said My opinion. I am not a doctor. Just being pro-active in my health care.

I know they sell it on this website too

Hope this helps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-20-2004, 12:15 PM
Hellllllllppp! Anyone!!?

That does sound like hormones to me. Tell the Dr that it may sound normal to him but not to you. Tell him you want to fix this. You did not have this before surgery and now you have it. Maybe getting a second opinion might be in order.
Unread 06-20-2004, 01:45 PM
Help please

Many thanks for all of your replies and advice, it is much appreciated.

I have read up about the progesterone cream - is this what you are saying I may need? How does cream work - I thought maybe there was something I could ingest (take) so that it worked from the inside out?

Sorry to sound so dumb?!! But how does this cream work and can you get it in the UK does anyone know?

Yes I know I should go to see my doctor but the problem is on the morning of my surgery I asked my consultant (surgeon) whether my hormones were balanced and he could not find my hormone level blood test anywhere - much to his and my annoyance!!!

Since then the doctors have refrained from doing any further tests and have discharged me saying I am fine!! I could go and see my family doctor to get a test done but in the UK the doctors are not always helpful and can treat you with disregard and act like they are gods!! Which can be most frustrating to say the least.

Although I have not been to see him about my breast pains and soreness (tenderness) which could I suppose push them alittle to carry out tests??

Please could anyone answer my query about progesterone cream.

Thanks.

God bless.

Linnij
Unread 06-20-2004, 01:54 PM
Hellllllllppp! Anyone!!?

You can buy it online here at the hystersister store

https://www.hystersisters.com/xcart/...70&cat=0&page=

I got some at a health food store. Make sure it is natural progesterone and not synthetic.

But you should still talk to your doctor before taking it.

It works transdermally (through the skin) I put it on my inner thighs, inner, upper arms, soft spots. I read on the directions about application.

Are you taking hormones now? You should make sure there is none in your hormones. I take just Estrogen so I use the progesterone also.

Again Just my opinion

Hope this was helpful

Take Care
Unread 06-20-2004, 02:02 PM
Hellllllllppp! Anyone!!?

Thanks Sin-D for your quick response X.

Yes I think I will go to see the doctor.

No I don't take any hormones at the moment - my family doctor would not let me take hormones because I suffer with severe migranes (the ones with aura and paralysis) he even took me off the contraceptive pill when I moved to this area and he became my doctor. Because he said it was dangerous for me due to my migraines being so bad and so frequent (ironically I haven't had a migraine or any other form of headache since my hysterectomy, which is most unusual for me, I used to suffer quite badly with headaches prior to my op.

All this is very strange indeed.

Thanks again.

Linnij X
Unread 06-20-2004, 03:54 PM
Hellllllllppp! Anyone!!?

Definetely sounds like estrogen dominace. I experienced that myself not long ago. Same symptoms, tender breasts, agressive behavior, mild headaches, insomina, several daily hot flashes, ate everything in sight, NOTHING satisified my cravings.

I have sense had my hyst and started on bioidentical progestrone cream as well as pills called Estrofactors (got at compounding pharmacy) to help decrease the estrogen in my system. Two weeks prior to my hyst my salvia test indicated I was extremely estrogen dominant.

Since I feel MUCH better haven gotten all these symptoms under control.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register