need some advice | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

need some advice need some advice

Unread 06-18-2004, 08:08 AM
need some advice

I had surgery the 9th. all is going well, until yesterday what a bad day! I didn't even want to move from the bed ( my 4 yr old and 7yr old changed that). My husband seems to think I was fine the other day it's all in my head.. I started bleeding today bright red and just a little, would you be concerned if so should I call the doctor or is this normal. I'm 27 and scared to death about the next 6 weeks. someone help?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-18-2004, 08:22 AM
need some advice

I think it would be a good idea to call your doctor. Anytime you develop bright red bleeding your doctor should be notified - it's always best to be on the safe side. Please call your doctor right away - keep us posted on how you are doing.

Sending s
Unread 06-18-2004, 09:38 AM
need some advice

I agree that you should call your Dr and make sure everything is okay. You should also remind your DH that you have not healed yet and it takes quite a while before that will happen. Remember it doesn't really matter what DH thinks. What matters is the fact that you take good care of yourself and don't do too much.

Diana
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-18-2004, 10:42 AM
thanks

thank you for all your wonderful advice! I called the doctor he wants to see me today I go at 3. the bleeding has stopped but, I think I'm gonna still go just incase. thank you again this web site is so helpful I hope everyone agrees with that!
Unread 06-18-2004, 04:46 PM
thank you

I took the advice and called the doc, I had a stitch come undone, may have a little bleeding for a few days, he also checked for infection all is well. have to take it easy for a few days ( like I'm not doing that already) I am a very active person always on the go.. when does does the pain go away? I'd like to get up and go shopping, work, anything. I miss my jobs terrribly, bartending and day care teacher. sooon enough I know.. when do you start feeling like a princess? I feel like a woman trapped in a cage, I try and go outside for a small walk ( and try to smoke a cigerette) but that doesn't seem to work either. starting to feel lonely any other web sites or chat rooms I can go to to relieve the long boring day sI have been experiencing?Any help is appreciated. Thank you.
Unread 06-19-2004, 11:15 AM
need some advice

I am glad you saw your doctor. If you had a stitch come undone and are having bleeding it is a very obvious sign that your body still has some healing to do. The initial recovery period is 6-8 weeks - it can take many months to be completely healed. You are less than 2 weeks post-op which is very early in your recovery. You get one chance to heal right - if you try to do too much, too soon you will only increase your risk of developing serious complications (which could make the recovery even longer).

What you are experiencing and feeling is quite normal. I am an active person too and having to "be still" is difficult. I had surgery 2 weeks ago to have my right ovary and adhesions removed - then I had another surgery last week to repair a torn tendon in my foot. So, I am currently recovering from 2 surgeries and will most likely have a cast until the end of July (and not even a walking cast). It is driving me crazy not to be able to walk, swim, work in my garden, etc. However, I do know that my health and a complete recovery are more important - if I can get through the next 6-8 weeks I am optimistic I will be feeling so much better - pain free - and my quality of life will be improved.

Hang in there! Rest and keep taking those short walks. Short walks are important after surgery to help prevent blood clots. Here are some links you might find helpful:

Allowed? Not Allowed?

I'm Bored! Do's and Don'ts

What could happen if I did too much too soon?

What is Light Housework?

Beating Boredom

Sending s
Unread 06-19-2004, 05:51 PM
need some advice

If your DH thinks you should be fine and it's all in your head, copy some of these posts and leave them laying around where he will see them! He needs to be aware that this is SERIOUS surgery, with SERIOUS recovery! Just because I felt better one day, darn sure didn't mean that the next day I wouldn't be laying on the couch all day feeling BAD! Seems like if you feel good one day, you pay for it the next! Take it easy! Like they say on here over and over...you only have one chance to heal properly!
Unread 06-20-2004, 01:51 PM
finally

finally DH has been really nice, cooking dinner, cleaning, letting me sleep in, and so on. I told him I found this wonderful website and I think he checked it out! he now realizes what I'm going through now my only problem is that he is always asking me are you o.k.?, can I get you anything? he also went with me to the hospital yesterday when I had more bleeding, Doc says it should stop soon he did a real go check on everything, all is good just some drainage. had DH worried though. I think I'm on the right track now.. thanks to all of your wonderful advice and support, Thank you all! ( I don't know what I would do without this site) ( thanks to my dear friend Laura (hunnybunches) who told me all about it) thank you again.
Unread 06-20-2004, 03:50 PM
need some advice

Quote:
he now realizes what I'm going through now my only problem is that he is always asking me are you o.k.?, can I get you anything?

Enjoy the pampering - you deserve it!

Hey, maybe you would like one of the Princess Wands to help remind your DH that you are a that needs lots of pampering!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register