when to take estrace | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

when to take estrace when to take estrace

Unread 03-03-2005, 09:47 AM
when to take estrace

Hello Ladies, I am 5 weeks as of yesterday. Doing ok except now I have the flu!! YUCK....

I have low thyroid and take 1.25mcg of levoxyl every morning. When I had my surgery my Dr put me on 1mg of estrace and told me to take it in the morning. It seems like after I take the estrace that within an hour I feel sick to my stomach, I have not thrown up because of it but at times feel like I could. It almost reminds me of morning sickness.

I wonder if I was to switch the time i take my estrace if I would feel better. Like if i took the estrace at night.

Do any of you ladies take your hormone at night instead of the morning, does it matter?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-03-2005, 11:48 AM
when to take estrace

Hi Courtney

I'm sorry you have the flu during your recovery. Hopefully it won't last long!

Lots of women experiment with the timing of their hormones. I think it makes sense to try taking it in the evening if you are having problems taking it the same time as your thyroid medication. You can call your pharmacist and/or doctor to be sure.

I hope you find a time that works out well for you!

s
Unread 03-03-2005, 12:29 PM
when to take estrace

I take my synthroid in the am and my estrace in the evening with my calcium.
Unread 03-03-2005, 12:37 PM
when to take estrace

HI Courtney

I have experimented with taking my estrogen at different times of the day. I currently use it at night and in the morning.

When I took estrace I divided my dose and took half in the morning and half in the evening. I have found that I do better using my estrogen every twelve hours.

Here is a list of possible side effects that may occur with estrace.
Possible side effects

I had experienced some mild nausea from another brand of estrogen and it did go away about a week after I started taking it.
If your symptoms of nausea do not go away or are bothersome, it may be a good idea to call and let your doctor know what you are experiencing.

Unread 03-03-2005, 12:44 PM
when to take estrace

I started out taking my Estrace in the morning- 1mg- but I felt by evening I was on the down side. So I decided to split my dose- SO I took 1/2 in the morning and 1/2 in the evening. I felt improvement with that dose. Later I was still having vag. dryness and bladder problems- my dr. increased my dose to 1mg in the morning and 1mg in the evening. That just felt like too much for me- had headaches and felt alittle anxious- so decreased my evening dose to 1/2mg and kept my morning dose to 1mg. That seems to the right does for me because I haven't had any difficulty with the vag. dryness and can sleep good at night. I recently started testosterone cream in the am to boost my loss of sensation in the sexual areas of my body- So far so good!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register