I get the Mustang's Spot | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Closed Thread

I get the Mustang's Spot I get the Mustang's Spot

Unread 07-30-2007, 01:11 PM
I get the Mustang's Spot

Well my time is almost here, Friday I go into the castle and when I come out my DH has moved his precious Mustang out of the garage and made a place for me. I can't believe all the work he has done to get ready for this. He moved the freezer closer to the bed so I can have access to food. He brough the microwave out and set it up by the bed and even got a pole lamp out of the basement and tied it to the rafters so I will have light to read by. On Wednesday the Port-A-Potty comes and I should be set for surgery on Friday. I am looking forward to my recovery in peace and quiet in the garage. In the 22 years we have been married this is the most he has ever done for me. I honestly thought I would have to do this alone, but now I think I can manage. Thanks for all your support.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-30-2007, 02:23 PM
I get the Mustang's Spot

Sounds like you will be very ready for your recovery! Make sure you have internet access so you can check in with us and let us know how you are!

Quote:
Originally Posted by laidup
Well my time is almost here, Friday I go into the castle and when I come out my DH has moved his precious Mustang out of the garage and made a place for me. I can't believe all the work he has done to get ready for this. He moved the freezer closer to the bed so I can have access to food. He brough the microwave out and set it up by the bed and even got a pole lamp out of the basement and tied it to the rafters so I will have light to read by. On Wednesday the Port-A-Potty comes and I should be set for surgery on Friday. I am looking forward to my recovery in peace and quiet in the garage. In the 22 years we have been married this is the most he has ever done for me. I honestly thought I would have to do this alone, but now I think I can manage. Thanks for all your support.
Unread 07-30-2007, 02:23 PM
I get the Mustang's Spot

Can you tell us why the garage is the best place for you to recover?
I'm glad your hubby is going out of his way for you, as you certainly deserve to be treated special.
Unread 07-30-2007, 02:42 PM
I get the Mustang's Spot

DH is very particular about what goes in his garage. That god **** mustang has been in there for over three years and has rarely been out. He just felt that it was the highest place of honor a princess could be laid up. I will be a happy woman if I can just get him to check my oil before the 3rd.
Unread 07-30-2007, 02:55 PM
I get the Mustang's Spot

That is very precious, tell your DH
Unread 07-30-2007, 03:50 PM
I get the Mustang's Spot

OKAY...... bottom line is
  Quote:
if you're happy then we are all happy for you
AND I certainly DO NOT want to cause trouble between you and DH......BUT I think the burning question on all of our minds is.....WHY DON'T YOU GET THE BEDROOM WITH ALL THAT SET UP FOR YOU AND HE GET THE GARAGE??????
Unread 07-31-2007, 09:22 PM
I get the Mustang's Spot

Yes.....that is DEFINATELY the burning question........
Unread 07-31-2007, 09:30 PM
I get the Mustang's Spot

Laidup, I think if it were my DH .... HE"D be the one Laid up! What if it rains> will he want to move you out to the patio to protect his precious mustang?
I have to tell you, you deserve royal treatment when you come out of the castle, NOT a garage, I don't care how nice he has it for that stupid Mustang! Let HIM sleep in the garage, or better yet, in the Mustang! You must really love this guy! I am in shock! Good thing I am having a hysterectomy and not a baby, I'd be going into labor!!! this is outrageous!
Unread 07-31-2007, 09:41 PM
I get the Mustang's Spot

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlebit01
OKAY...... bottom line is AND I certainly DO NOT want to cause trouble between you and DH......BUT I think the burning question on all of our minds is.....WHY DON'T YOU GET THE BEDROOM WITH ALL THAT SET UP FOR YOU AND HE GET THE GARAGE??????
That is easy. The bedroom has the HDTV and he gets cranky if he can't watch his shows. I don't really care that much about television. I just hope he takes the garage door opener out of the Mustang. I would hate to have the door go up and all the neighbors see me while I am recovering.
Unread 07-31-2007, 10:17 PM
I get the Mustang's Spot

Quote:
Originally Posted by laidup
That is easy. The bedroom has the HDTV and he gets cranky if he can't watch his shows. I don't really care that much about television. I just hope he takes the garage door opener out of the Mustang. I would hate to have the door go up and all the neighbors see me while I am recovering.
I'm with the other ladies here and would be upset if my husband was putting me in the garage...mustang or not. Will he be able to hear you if you have a problem and need help?? How far is the garage from the bedroom?

However, you seem comfortable with your setup and I hope all goes well for you. I think the mental preparation and feeling secure and loved is more than half the battle when it comes to recovery.

I'd kick him and the HDTV to the curb when I was recovered if it were me (that or he'd better grow up in a hurry!!.. pfffttt on the cranky.. sounds like a 2y/o).

(I also keep hoping that this whole thread is a joke and surely no sane man would put his wife in the garage???)
Closed Thread

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register