Upcoming hysterectomy 7/29: Coming home and for the next few weeks, what did you prefer to wear? Loose pants or dress? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Upcoming hysterectomy 7/29: Coming home and for the next few weeks, what did you prefer to wear? Loose pants or dress? Upcoming hysterectomy 7/29: Coming home and for the next few weeks, what did you prefer to wear? Loose pants or dress?

Unread 07-26-2021, 02:21 PM
Upcoming hysterectomy 7/29: Coming home and for the next few weeks, what did you prefer to wear? Loose pants or dress?

I bought/have a bunch of cotton sleep shirts I was planning to wear 24/7 since I’m not going anywhere and I am unemployed. Now I’m second guessing if I’d rather have some shorts or pants that will help provide me with support if they’d get stuck less in bed than a dress. What worked best for you? Any tips on dressing post hysterectomy? I’m also having anterior and posterior repair, plus a bladder sling. Eek.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-26-2021, 02:44 PM
Re: Coming home and for the next few weeks, what did you prefer to wear? Loose pants or dress?

I bought a pair of very loose, very flowy drawstring lounge pants off Amazon so if I have swelly belly changes they still fit, and they are crazy comfortable. Best $20 I've spent on clothes in a while
Unread 07-26-2021, 05:42 PM
Re: Coming home and for the next few weeks, what did you prefer to wear? Loose pants or dress?

It comes down to personal preference, perhaps get some of both.

No matter what, Swelly belly surprises many!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-26-2021, 06:13 PM

Hi and welcome,

The key is to
Wear what you find comfortable and practical for the climate you live in. If you will be walking around the house when you are up to, decide what you think would be most useful - sweats, leggings, shorts.

This article has some general clothes tips you might find helpful:
Clothes after surgery

Hugs and best of luck.
Unread 07-26-2021, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D0!Need!t View Post
I bought/have a bunch of cotton sleep shirts I was planning to wear 24/7 since I’m not going anywhere and I am unemployed. Now I’m second guessing if I’d rather have some shorts or pants that will help provide me with support if they’d get stuck less in bed than a dress. What worked best for you? Any tips on dressing post hysterectomy? I’m also having anterior and posterior repair, plus a bladder sling. Eek.
I'm with you. With Covid shutdowns I've practically lived in nightwear. I prefer spaghetti strap nighties myself as they were the best thing with hot flashes. I have a few and bought 2 new ones as a treat (ordered online).

I delayed my shower and hairwashing due to the energy I knew it would take. My rules said to have one day 5 and remove the top bandage so that's when I did it. Then I switched to my new nighty, and at other times put on a loose top and capri leggings. I recommend a belly belt myself. I found it comforting and supportive.
Unread 07-27-2021, 04:13 AM
Upcoming hysterectomy 7/29: Coming home and for the next few weeks, what did you prefer to wear? Loose pants or dress?

Here in southern Ontario, we're currently going through yet another stretch of hot weather, and I feel most comfortable sleeping in an all-cotton nightshirt. If you're more of a shirts and pants type of gal, then I recommend 100% cotton in case of hot flashes, and drawstring waists that can be adjusted as the swelling goes down. My local supermarket chain has its own clothing line, and I treated myself to a new track suit and cotton nightclothes, whose pants had drawstring waistbands, and I mixed those with a selection of yoga pants, loose tops, peasant skirts, and an old stretched-out pair of pajama bottoms. My surgeon had recommended against wearing anything binding, so for underwear, I chose bikini bottoms - in white, of course - that sat below my incisions. Just choose what makes you comfortable and you'll be okay. Wishing you all the best for a successful surgery and a smooth recovery!
Unread 07-28-2021, 08:43 AM

Bikini underwear was a must! I wore a t-shirt dress, loose shorts that I could wear below the waist line. Even after incisions heal they are sensitive to rubbing and pressure. I was able to start wearing shorts at my normal waistline that weren’t too tight at 5 weeks post. I have 6 tiny incisions. The belly button was most irritated by the glue closure.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register