Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates May 17-May 23,2021 - Page 12 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates May 17-May 23,2021 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates May 17-May 23,2021

Unread 06-10-2021, 07:01 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates May 17-May 23,2021

Hi all am on day 20 LAVH, I feel quite well in myself have been out walking and doing light chores, bleeding is minimal only using panty liner. Insomnia is driving me mad hardly sleeping yet feel wide awake in the day, feel very anxious. I still have a consistent pain on my left side just below one incision which is healed and stitches have fell out is this normal?? Just to add I had a uti on day 6 cleared with antibiotics then had more for offensive smelly discharge all sorted now.
Hope everyone is recovering well.xx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-10-2021, 07:20 AM

Day 20 for me
Having a small set back, stretched up to top shelf in kitchen yesterday to grab a bag of crisps ( yeah I know I shouldnít have but hubby was in the garden & didnít want disturb him )
Anyway a few hours later I had a bleed - enough to fill a pad but only pinkish colour, so took some pain relief & got straight into bed. Seems to have eased off today so Iím on the sofa for a day of rest. Seems my body is telling me off for stretching too much & Iím definitely listening now. So rest for me today
Unread 06-10-2021, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jody m1978 View Post
Hi all am on day 20 LAVH, I feel quite well in myself have been out walking and doing light chores, bleeding is minimal only using panty liner. Insomnia is driving me mad hardly sleeping yet feel wide awake in the day, feel very anxious. I still have a consistent pain on my left side just below one incision which is healed and stitches have fell out is this normal?? Just to add I had a uti on day 6 cleared with antibiotics then had more for offensive smelly discharge all sorted now.
Hope everyone is recovering well.xx
Insomnia and no napping here, too! I have probably napped 4 times in the three weeks. Both of my ovaries were removed and my bodyís thermostat is way off, so Iím thinking thatís part of it. Plus Iíve had a headache for over a week! Ugh! Iíve heard that even if you kept your ovaries, they are way wacky for awhile, so hang in there and Iím guessing/hoping your sleep will improve with time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-10-2021, 11:11 AM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates May 17-May 23,2021

Day 23 post op. Iím also struggling with sleep. I seem to wake after 4-5 hours and then take a while to get back to sleep. Personally I think part of the problem is that Iím obviously not that tired. Not exercising/lounging around all day. I do walk and do light housework but I need to do more. I feel well but I do tire after walking for say 40-50 mins. Slight mood swings but nothing else , no hot flushes as yet. Canít wait.... love to all. Keep well and even if you feel like doing lots more letís just all take it easy x
Unread 06-10-2021, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by murasakigurl View Post
HI,
I had a TAH on May 18th. Went for a checkup this week, and I had written in another post my abdominal binder smelled horrible no matter how many times I showered, as well as washed the binder. We discovered the source, it was an infection on the incision. It was because the infection was being hidden by the steristrips.

Day 14-20: I was doing fantastic last week, walking around. Walked 20 minutes etc without problem. extremely alert, insomnia, very awake, and felt totally healthly.

Day 21-: (This week) the exhaustion hammer hit me. I feel like exhausted even though I slept 5 hrs. Then I have to sleep another 3 hours in the middle of the day. Like I'm on drowsy medicine.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Also I started to feel pain again near the stitches and turned back to grandma shuffle mode.
Is this common?

I hope you are all healing well.
For someone who had a TAH i find youíre doing
Alot. I had my TAH on may 20 and I sleep 12 hours a day . I donít get up before noon. I can only walk maybe for a 10 min walk max. I do very little around the house like dishes and maybe folding clothes. Once i start feeling the heaviness or pinching on my sides i go sit. Everyday i try to increase my walking but I listen to my body. You donít want to end up with something opening.
Unread 06-10-2021, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambern979 View Post
Hey loves. Well tomorrow marks 3 weeks since my total laparoscopic hysterectomy. I have been having this uncomfortable sensation in my pelvic area and upper right thigh that puts me in tears. I have been having light spotting for a few days now. Np says oh itís just Iím not used to my muscles. I had to lift my son up yesterday bc he was being stubborn and trying to run out my yard. Since then Iíve been in horrible pain. They told me to take my pain medicine. I canít keep taking it considering I have 5 kids who need me. I canít rest. The vaginal pain is so intense I canít eat. Is this normal?
With that kind of pain, I would call my surgeon, just to be safe. Also, try not to lift. Can someone help you with the kiddos while you recover?
Take care!
Unread 06-10-2021, 01:51 PM

Hi Ladies! I've made it to week three. I feel pretty decent if I don't do too much. But I've noticed some bladder issues. It's not a UTI, no burning or urgency without actually urinating. I don't have any signs of infection. But I wake up at least twice a night to go. I go every two or three hours during the day. I do drink a lot of fluids, though. But when I go, it's like I don't have a really full bladder. And then I have trouble getting it to empty all the way. I'll wait a little while and then try some more, and there's always a bit left. I'm afraid to really push too hard in the bathroom because I'm very afraid of hurting my vaginal cuff. I haven't had any incontinence problems. I wonder if my pelvic floor muscles are tensed up.
Unread 06-10-2021, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorr21 View Post
Day 20 for me
Having a small set back, stretched up to top shelf in kitchen yesterday to grab a bag of crisps ( yeah I know I shouldnít have but hubby was in the garden & didnít want disturb him )
Anyway a few hours later I had a bleed - enough to fill a pad but only pinkish colour, so took some pain relief & got straight into bed. Seems to have eased off today so Iím on the sofa for a day of rest. Seems my body is telling me off for stretching too much & Iím definitely listening now. So rest for me today
Oh gosh, I hope you're feeling better! I wish doctors gave super specific lists of do's and don't's beyond the basic "no lifting over 10lbs, no bathing, nothing in the vagina" rules. I don't know if bending and squatting to grab a sock off the floor is okay, and I don't know if reaching or stretching is okay. I only know things hurt if I do something my body doesn't like. It's a little scary.
Best of luck to you in your recovery!
Unread 06-10-2021, 02:14 PM

Hit the 3 weeks mark. Doing better and doing a little more like dishes and little things. I try to walk twice a day but they are very short like 5 minutes. Definitely I donít do anything stretching. I read not to open a window if you have to stretch. I do squat once in awhile if i drop something but I make sure to go slow. Saw the dr yesterday and said the scar has completely sealed which i was relieved because i had a little pus coming out from 1 suture still left. He removed it and said to just keep it dry and not wear anything fitted or anything that makes you sweat at least until that heals. Sleeping I take my natural supplements and rub my oils or else I definitely wonít sleep as for sure iím not really tired since I donít do much. They way i see it definitely listening to our bodies is the way to go. Hope you are all well!
Unread 06-10-2021, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cussette View Post
Are you using the betadine per your doctor's instructions? If not, get the okay to do so. Some doctors only want us letting warm water running over incisions, not even soap.

My hysterectomy incisions were glued, but with my recent surgery, I could see the stitches. I though the incision was getting encrusted, but after a shower one morning I noticed the "crustiness" was still there, but softer. That's when I realized it was the clipped tops of off-white stitches.

I've also heard of "spitting stitches" before! Those are the ones you don't expect to see because they were stitched underneath and are supposed to dissolve... but the healing layers of skin push them to the surface before they get a chance to.
Thank you for replying - I have put a call into surgeon but not heard back. I have stopped using the betadine and covered with a waterproof bandage.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register