Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates May 17-May 23,2021 - Page 14 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates May 17-May 23,2021 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates May 17-May 23,2021

Unread 06-12-2021, 01:49 PM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates May 17-May 23,2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jody m1978 View Post
Yes am feeling like that aswell, also had quite a bit of bright red bleeding, and can feel pressure underneath anyone else experiencing this.xx
Yes! More bright red bleeding for me today. I'm hoping I just overdid it yesterday. Nephew's wedding is today and I had to run a few errands yesterday. I'm planning to sit as much as possible during the celebration today.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-12-2021, 06:13 PM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates May 17-May 23,2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleJ27 View Post
I have the same questions about what not to do, and I havenít found the right information to tell me.

- Iím dressing myself including socks, bending as needed but being very careful
-Iím occasionally bending on one knee, or a gentle squat to pick something up or get my shoes on etc. (I try to support myself by holding onto the wall or chair) I have one of those grabber sticks but it doesnít work for everything.

- Iím also doing things like blow drying my hair, which I hope is ok, sometimes I sit down to do it and if I feel any ouchies I stop.
Not everybody has a problem with bending nor have a restriction against it. There've been a few women who've done fine. My swelly belly wouldn't let me!

If you can bring your ankle to your knee when putting on socks, that may lessen the bending.

Getting down to one knee should be okay too, as long as you support yourself. There's nothing that says you can't get on the floor for whatever reason. Going down on one knee is how I got there.

There's nothing wrong with using a blow dryer, either - you're not stretching way over your head with something in your hands. If you get tired or feel your abs working more than you'd like, sitting down is a good option.
Unread 06-13-2021, 12:43 AM

Thanks for that post. I've been doing bending & picking stuff off the floor (light obviously) & had started to worry that I could have hindered my recovery without realising.
Those surgical socks are troublesome though. Do using the ankle to knee method you suggest, but the swollen belly is still an issue for me.
TC all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-13-2021, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggierose8 View Post
Yes! More bright red bleeding for me today. I'm hoping I just overdid it yesterday. Nephew's wedding is today and I had to run a few errands yesterday. I'm planning to sit as much as possible during the celebration today.
Hope it calms down for u I literally put myself to bed then stayed on the couch the following day and it stopped fingers crossed yours does.
Unread 06-13-2021, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helebrownb View Post
Hi folks.
Feeling a bit 'meh' today. Mild grumbling back ache, bit of spotting again & mentally feeling a bit low & verge of tears. Anyone else feeling a bit of a recovery 'dip' around now?
I'm with you. I get weird, random twinges of pain. I'd love to have a good stretch in the morning, but I'm afraid to. Mostly, I'm just so bored and tired of being in recovery mode. I want to vacuum lol! I've cried quite a few times, and I can't blame my hormones since I still have my ovaries. This is just a stressful time for all of us. Cry if you need to! Let it out!
Unread 06-13-2021, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jody m1978 View Post
Yes am feeling like that aswell, also had quite a bit of bright red bleeding, and can feel pressure underneath anyone else experiencing this.xx
I've had very little discharge the whole time, but I definitely feel pain and pressure. I have a hard time telling the difference between the feeling of a full bladder, gas pain, and the pain in my lower abdomen and vagina. It's weird. Most recently, it's changed to just discomfort in my urethra and vagina. It comes and goes. Sitting for too long makes things worse, so I try to get up often. I know all of this will pass, so I'm trying to be patient.
Take care!
Unread 06-13-2021, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeMack View Post
I've cried quite a few times, and I can't blame my hormones since I still have my ovaries. This is just a stressful time for all of us. Cry if you need to! Let it out!
Actually, you can blame your hormones . The uterine artery was cut in order to allow the uterus to be removed, and for over half of us, the ovaries get at least some of their blood supply from that artery. Also, the ovaries are subject to all the trauma which is going on in between them. The result of both situations is that they can be "off-line" for a number of weeks, leaving us to deal with all the lovely symptoms of a hormone imbalance.

At six weeks, mine were still not functioning properly. Normalcy started returning around the 2- month time frame, and the girls were back up to speed somewhere between 12-16 weeks.
Unread 06-14-2021, 03:06 AM

Hey folks.
So this pm marks the 4 weeks since TAH.
Can't believe it was that long ago. I definitely don't feel amazing. Still pain and discomfort sometimes sleep is an issue.
I can walk slowly for quite a while. Haven't timed it, just do a total step count. I vary it from lots of mini walks or 2 or 3 longer walks. Just on feel. The only problem with longer walks is when tired it's a way to get home still. I wish there were more benches/seats in the UK. Most walks I can cut short because of my route loop plans but it's not the most exciting route so been trying to mix it up. I use to be a big runner before surgery and kept running through all my pre op issues even though I got very slow and fatigued. I don't miss the actual running at this stage as in too much discomfort. I know I will soon though.
I am getting nervous about going back to work. I honestly do not feel ready! My job is quite physical and it scares me even thinking about it. ** hum. Feeling weepy at the moment suddenly and it's probably hormone related as 4 weeks post to the day.
Unread 06-14-2021, 03:34 AM

Hi all. Reassuring to know I'm not the only one finding this 'middle point' a little frustrating. I'm due back in work in 2 weeks (although I've been doing some zoom A level teaching from home). While work itself isn't especially physical I'll also have to walk there & back (cos still won't be allowed to cycle), so am slightly apprehensive.
I've also been dreaming about having a baby a lot. I didn't think I was currently struggling with this & it isn't occupying my waking thoughts, weird.
Unread 06-14-2021, 04:29 AM

Hi all,
So here I am 4 weeks post op and I feel Iím doing alright. Iím enjoying the hot weather here in UK , my garden swing has proved an absolute godsend as I can lie comfortably on it and read or snooze. I still have a hematoma on the right side of incision, itís definitely getting smaller, itís approx 1Ē diameter,no pain hopefully it will just go away. Iím alternating between compression and cold therapy Still waiting to hear back from consultant. I guess Iíll wait for my 6 week check up and see then. Iím sleeping a little better. Maybe 6 hours straight . Iíve been using a magnesium/chamomile and lavender spray before bed and trying to keep the room as cool as possible. As to exercise Iím going on daily dog walks with my daughter. I donít walk the dog as heís a crazy cockapoo who sometimes pulls, we park our car and wander around streams/lakes Iím never more than 20 min from car so that if I begin to tire I can slowly walk back. I miss proper walks and drinks with friends. Iím so grateful for our daily catch ups. Itís nice to share thoughts etc. One final thing. Anyone been advised yet on when they can start treating the scar? I have a 6Ē bikini incision, hoping to use silicone sheets in the future. Have a good day ladies. Take care x

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register