Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates May 17-May 23,2021 - Page 6 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates May 17-May 23,2021 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates May 17-May 23,2021

Unread 05-28-2021, 08:08 AM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates May 17-May 23,2021

Just an update: had my one week post surgery appointment and all the tests have been done on my uterus/cervix and there were no extra nasties or surprises. Thursday I was feeling terrific and went for a brief walk and did a bit more around the house unfortunately I must have over did it as Thursday night I was in pain and had to have the higher strength pain meds. Thursday night and Friday I have also been emotional about things like not being able to remember my second borns first few weeks (he is 5 now) and sad stories I read in the news. I have also just had the fact I canít drive really sink in or use the spa pool one of my favourite things. All in all I feel the first half of week 2 has been a roller coaster physically and emotionally.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-28-2021, 10:56 AM

I found too that my emotions are more sensitive, I have my ovaries though so Iím wondering will I go through hormonal ups and downs? I find what helps is donít watch anything sad on tv and only positive things.
Unread 05-28-2021, 11:51 AM

Dani78
I am totally with you about being bored
my friends and family liken me to the energizer bunny - always moving
and reading 4 books a day is getting old lol

but i walked too much one day last week and the next day i pretty much could only sleep
I have to remind myself to trust the process and rest ad keep resting
i too am waiting for the magical two week mark to get back to my normal routine lol

I did do a little cooking which helped - standing for an hour or so and then right back to the couch but its worth it to heal right the first time - stay strong and dare to rest
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-28-2021, 12:41 PM

Today I watched Friends The Reunion and laughing was slightly painful but it was so good to laugh. I too feel like my hormones or lack of them are starting to cause my emotions to be heightened. Two weeks post op on Monday, feel like itís going to get alot easier when I allow myself to go out and about a little more. So very bored. Hope you all have a good weekend. Take care
Unread 05-28-2021, 01:28 PM

Hi everyone,
Thursday was one week since my surgery and I actually found the pain worse and a bunch more bruising turned up around my wounds so I got a bit worried that I had overdone it. Had to take the stronger pain meds to get through, and spent most of the day napping.

Last night I couldnít sleep due to digestive/gas pain and came across the best remedy yet - drink a cup of hot water! Worked so quickly. It was mentioned on a couple health websites, including the govnt health pages.

Today was much better overall, first day Iíve actually felt like walking. I too am having a hard time with emotions, very short fused. Trying to be gentle on myself and take it one day at a time.
I have a few other big things going on in my life so I really need to stay relaxed for the best healing and recovery.

As for boredom I hauled out my watercolour paints yesterday and did some sketches of my flower gardens. But itís surprising how quickly I tire out.

Take care everybody, have a good weekend
Unread 05-29-2021, 10:58 AM

Even if you kept your ovaries, their territory has been disturbed! The uterine artery got cut to release the uterus. For many of us, the uterine artery contributes to the blood supply of our ovaries. Plus with all the inflammation since they likely got moved out of the way, the ovaries could easily be off line for several weeks, which can leave us with the symptoms of a hormonal imbalance - insomnia, mood swings, night sweats, hot flashes, brain fog (it's not just from pain meds or anesthesia). You can read more here: Sleeping Ovaries After Hysterectomy?

Lucky us.
Unread 05-30-2021, 05:36 AM

Just an update Iím day 9 after laparoscopic full hysterectomy & ovaries.
Im feeling pretty miserable today, I hadnít had a BM for 5 days, so dr prescribed Laxido & 2 senna at night on day 6 , 24 hours later after excruciating pain & cramps it finally came out - all 7 days worth, so been on & off the loo in the last 2 days .
I now realise a lot of my tummy pain was severe constipation as Iím now off codine & just paracetamol & ibuprofen. Yes I still having some pain, but donít wanna go back to being constipated, I was doing everything right, lots & lots & lots of water, fruit juice, eating fruit & veg but it just wouldnít happen??? This seems the only place I can talk openly about BM as everyone has been there.
Is it normal to still feel quiet sore around my tummy & very bad bruising? One of my wounds is quite black itís so badly bruised?
Thanks for listening I have a great support in my husband who is really helping - wonít let me do too much & has really stepped up including changing my Compression stockings- not an easy job lol even him saying Iím doing amazing after just over a week of major surgery really helps. Itís finally sunny here in the UK so Iím sat outside on my chair for a bit of fresh air xx hope everyone is doing ok xx
Unread 05-30-2021, 06:24 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates May 17-May 23,2021

Hello from a fellow U.K. hystersister!
You are not alone! Iíve had similar experience since my May 20 LAVH and ovaries removed.

The bruising is pretty bad, it was worrying me but the consultant says itís normal, especially the lower area below belly button. Still in a fair bit of pain too and using codeine when needed.
I had 4 days of up and down digestive problems and horrible pain from gas and movements. It was either too loose and running to the toilet or not moving enough. Finally on Friday it settled down to a more normal routine.
I found a remedy of drinking hot water (just plain) really helped with the gas and digestion pains. Itís been a lifesaver. I found a few places online that recommended the hot water, including an NHS page.
Iím also using Linwoods ground flax in my smoothies and cereal and sprinkled on salad to increase my fibre intake. They also have a crunchy flax cluster that is awesome on dessert or yogurt. You can order it online in the U.K. direct from Linwoods or from grocery store/Amazon etc. And Iíve increased eating raw carrots with hummus too. Since adding the flax and extra raw veggies I havenít needed the prescribed laxative.
Iím only taking 1-2 codeine tablets per day though, so it will depend how much you are taking as to how bad the constipation will be.

Donít skip your pain meds or codeine if you really need them, itís better to keep the pain under control and figure out how to manage the constipation with the laxative or food.
I skipped the codeine on Friday thinking I didnít need it anymore and got into a bit of difficulty, had to play catch up and get enough painkillers in me so I could sleep again. It wasnít pretty!

I also found my pain increased slightly around day 7-8 and I needed extra meds on those days.

Iím so glad you have good support, then you can just rest in between food and pill doses. Enjoy the sunshine, Iím so glad the weather has finally turned for the better. I will be thinking of you from my patio chair here in Oxfordshire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorr21 View Post
Just an update Iím day 9 after laparoscopic full hysterectomy & ovaries.
Im feeling pretty miserable today, I hadnít had a BM for 5 days, so dr prescribed Laxido & 2 senna at night on day 6 , 24 hours later after excruciating pain & cramps it finally came out - all 7 days worth, so been on & off the loo in the last 2 days .
I now realise a lot of my tummy pain was severe constipation as Iím now off codine & just paracetamol & ibuprofen. Yes I still having some pain, but donít wanna go back to being constipated, I was doing everything right, lots & lots & lots of water, fruit juice, eating fruit & veg but it just wouldnít happen??? This seems the only place I can talk openly about BM as everyone has been there.
Is it normal to still feel quiet sore around my tummy & very bad bruising? One of my wounds is quite black itís so badly bruised?
Thanks for listening I have a great support in my husband who is really helping - wonít let me do too much & has really stepped up including changing my Compression stockings- not an easy job lol even him saying Iím doing amazing after just over a week of major surgery really helps. Itís finally sunny here in the UK so Iím sat outside on my chair for a bit of fresh air xx hope everyone is doing ok xx
Unread 05-30-2021, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleJ27 View Post
Donít skip your pain meds or codeine if you really need them, itís better to keep the pain under control and figure out how to manage the constipation with the laxative or food.
^^^ Well said, and you are so right! Not being able to get pain under control has landed women back in the hospital. Constipation... unless the cause is an ileus, stepping up OTC remedies or a phoned-in prescription can resolve that.
Unread 05-30-2021, 10:44 AM

Lori21, I feel your pain. Iím on Day 10 of my surgery. I had an open abdominal hysterectomy. For me what I find helps for the constipation is a take a liquid called lax a day plus at night the dr prescribed a stool softener. Yes drinking plenty of water and hot things like herbal teas. I also every morning have a bit of bran cereal in my cereal and all this combo I stopped being constipated because thatís the worse. Also gas trying to pass hurts. Me too it took 5 days before I had a BM AND after that I went 6 times in 1 day. Definitely do not want to go back to being constipated. What helps too is wearing a binding on your stomach. I saw lots of women saying it helps and truly does as it holds everything in place. I too have bruises along in incision but thatís normal. Definitely resting alot . The only thing i do is get dressed, get up to use the washroom and occasionally get up to stretch my legs to get a water. Yesterday i made myself a bit of soup and it seems like if i am up in the kitchen too long - I feel my belly aches so a sign to sit down.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register