52, Simple endometrial hyperplasia (without atypia) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

52, Simple endometrial hyperplasia (without atypia) 52, Simple endometrial hyperplasia (without atypia)

Unread 11-15-2021, 03:05 PM
52, Simple endometrial hyperplasia (without atypia)

Hi everyone - I am going back and forth between having a hysterectomy or not. I'm worried about any issues that my come after the surgery down the road, like bladder issues, intimacy issues, you name it.

I ended up in the hospital last month after getting very ill on a business trip. I honestly don't know how i made it home from Philly other than sheer will. I had been bleeding for 31 days - very heavy - emptying a menstrual cup every hour that was filled with clots, not even liquid. I had lost so much blood over the course of that time, i was pretty close to needing a transfusion, and my blood pressure had significantly dropped to where they thought it was actually my heart.

I've never seen my husband that concerned to be honest. I would have been too except i had zero energy and was sleeping most of the time. The Dr did a d&c and biopsy and i got the results that i listed in the title of my post. Which, all things considered, i'm grateful for - if it had to be anything. BUT 10 days after i started bleeding again, and it has gradually gotten heavier over the last few weeks - every day, and now i'm up to changing a tampon every few hours. (Better than before, i admit), I am on progesterone daily right now, as that was the dr's first suggestion to see if it would keep the bleeding at bay. Obviously it didn't. I just don't know if I'm not being patient enough, or I'm just kidding myself and need to bite the bullet and just have the surgery.

To compound matters - if I AM going to have the surgery, I want to do it before the end of my current insurance year because i've already racked up costs against a very steep deductable and i would rather take advantage of not having to pay another 12K next year out of pocket. No pressure, right? Has anyone had this diagnosis, then had the surgery and then regretted it after?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-23-2021, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSBHippie View Post
Hi everyone - I am going back and forth between having a hysterectomy or not. I'm worried about any issues that my come after the surgery down the road, like bladder issues, intimacy issues, you name it.

I ended up in the hospital last month after getting very ill on a business trip. I honestly don't know how i made it home from Philly other than sheer will. I had been bleeding for 31 days - very heavy - emptying a menstrual cup every hour that was filled with clots, not even liquid. I had lost so much blood over the course of that time, i was pretty close to needing a transfusion, and my blood pressure had significantly dropped to where they thought it was actually my heart.

I've never seen my husband that concerned to be honest. I would have been too except i had zero energy and was sleeping most of the time. The Dr did a d&c and biopsy and i got the results that i listed in the title of my post. Which, all things considered, i'm grateful for - if it had to be anything. BUT 10 days after i started bleeding again, and it has gradually gotten heavier over the last few weeks - every day, and now i'm up to changing a tampon every few hours. (Better than before, i admit), I am on progesterone daily right now, as that was the dr's first suggestion to see if it would keep the bleeding at bay. Obviously it didn't. I just don't know if I'm not being patient enough, or I'm just kidding myself and need to bite the bullet and just have the surgery.

To compound matters - if I AM going to have the surgery, I want to do it before the end of my current insurance year because i've already racked up costs against a very steep deductable and i would rather take advantage of not having to pay another 12K next year out of pocket. No pressure, right? Has anyone had this diagnosis, then had the surgery and then regretted it after?
I did not have the same thing you are experiencing, but it sounds like you really need the surgery. I also can’t talk to side affects because I had to undergo chemotherapy 6 weeks after the surgery so my side affects could be caused by that too. It sounds dangerous for you not to have the surgery. Sending you positive vibes!
Unread 11-23-2021, 10:22 PM

Quote:

Hello, NSBHippie:

Bless your heart! I’m feeling for you tonight because I suffered from heavy periods for YEARS too!

In fact, my very last period before my surgery lasted six weeks!

Here’s my advice: get a second and even a third opinion. Be sure to talk to your general physician too before you make your decision. I would not rush this unless if it is an emergency situation.

Surgery is different for every woman. I have friends who had few problems after the surgery and are delighted with the results.

I myself had serious complications after my hysterectomy and a very long recovery time due to a previously undiagnosed blood clotting disorder.

Now that I have completely recovered, I am happy with the outcome.

So, yes, complications are possible. But it sounds like surgery may be a necessity for you.
So, please get medical advice from several different sources & then if you do need the surgery, know that recovery will probably take longer than you anticipated, so you will need to be patient with your body, and allow it heal. No rushing back to “regular” activities. You will also need a great deal of physical support: someone to help you cook & clean & shop while you recover.

Sending you love & hugs tonight! And to all HysterSisters!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-24-2021, 07:48 AM
Re: 52, Simple endometrial hyperplasia (without atypia)

i would agree with another option but from your post I sure would consider it especially if it can be laproscopic...it seems that the bleeding will continue .My sister had similar diagnosis and got the surgery but it was post menopause. . But do get another opinion and not so sure all this can be done as fast as you want for insurance.
Unread 11-24-2021, 01:13 PM

UAE immediately resolved my excessive bleeding, last period was 84 days. I lived on Floradix until all the details could be arranged. This was about 10 years ago. I still have my uterus, fibroid has shrank by approximately 90% and I slowly regained my health and stamina. Performed by an Interventional Radiologist. It was my last ditch effort to save my uterus.
Unread 07-31-2022, 10:52 PM

Quote:

Have the exact diagnosis - just found out ! D&C first to see if the tissue in the uterus is truly not pre cancer … then a month from now I get the hysterectomy, all the bells and whistles come out since I’m 58 and through menapause. Mines considered preventive cuz that tissue could be cancer . Never had major surgery so super nervous! I will try to be good for those 6-8 weeks!! Heard it makes a world of difference
Keep ya posted and did you ever decide on it ??
Unread 08-02-2022, 08:52 AM

I'm 56 and had two episodes of post-menopausal bleeding (and all the typical menstrual pains that go along with it which I thought I had left behind). Had a D&C with a "no-cancer" result, but decided to move forward with a laparoscopic total hysterectomy to avoid future bleeding and potential pre-cancerous outcomes.
I'm nervous, like you, and hope I can recover quickly because I live alone and have no assistance. But I met my deductible already, so it's great timing, plus I'm younger and in good health for a good recovery. Hope it all goes smoothly! Wishing you the best.
Unread 08-02-2022, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixie Kay View Post
I'm 56 and had two episodes of post-menopausal bleeding (and all the typical menstrual pains that go along with it which I thought I had left behind). Had a D&C with a "no-cancer" result, but decided to move forward with a laparoscopic total hysterectomy to avoid future bleeding and potential pre-cancerous outcomes.
I'm nervous, like you, and hope I can recover quickly because I live alone and have no assistance. But I met my deductible already, so it's great timing, plus I'm younger and in good health for a good recovery. Hope it all goes smoothly! Wishing you the best.

Well I hope everything turns out ok!! I’ll check in and see how your doing ! Hard to be alone through these major surgeries at home. So hope you can get some needed help. I have one of those health portals which is great but got all the pre-op results on there today and reading to to much about a dumb urinalysis test . I’m definitely a hypochondriac so I really can’t Google to much and read to much into it at all! Well let’s hope all goes smooth for us both !!!
Kiki
Unread 08-02-2022, 10:41 AM

Me too Kiki! Recovery seems to be so unique to everyone!
Unread 08-02-2022, 11:31 AM

Quote:

Hi,

I had D&C amd laparoscopy. Cancer was found so a month later I had my total hysterectomy (DaVinci style) - kept ovaries due to my age.(41) Recovery is taking longer than I thought but I did not have a choice. Well, I did but with really bad outcome. My experience - very little pain after the surgery, sore more than anything. I am not recognizing my body right now. So many changes and some bleeding and spotting here and there. It has been 10 weeks for me now and I am feeling somewhat better. Finally able to work full 8hrs but I am always tired. It is managable though. Still weak and still taking it very easy. I still don't lift anything over 10lbs because it feels funny when I do.
So my advice is if you will go through it, make sure you have someone who will be able to take care of you for a while. That means who will clean, cook, take over your chores and house cleaning for a while. Take your sweet time to recover. Do not rush anything and rest as much as possible. I wish I had more hours available. I would have stayed home for at least 8 weeks instead of 6. But remember that I had 2 surgeries in one month so that might have been the reason why is my recovery taking time. A friend of mine went to work after the 3rd week and is very happy with her full hysterectomy. She had very heavy bleeding and this was her way out. She loves it!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register