Maybe it was just me....... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Maybe it was just me....... Maybe it was just me.......

Unread 11-06-2003, 07:27 PM
Maybe it was just me.......

Ok Gals;

I am due to go to the castle next week, yes I am anxious. I am also on Lupron which after 5 shots has finally decided to rear it ugly symptoms. With my pre-op behind me (and it went so well) I thought I was ok, but boy......the patients that came into our office today, well, it was not pretty.

Honestly I do not know what came over me, it was a total linda blair moment. A patient called in on the phone, wanted to be seen today, said that they been seen in the ER 5 days before, and I lost it, I said "And did they tell you to wait 5 days before calling us" no, this person waits till the pain meds are gone when their referral slip said to come to our office the next day. Ok, it was over the phone so no one threw anything at me.

Then, the man who wanted to tell me what he was going to pay becasue of what his insurance company told him on the phone. Ok, this was not wise, a hot flash came upon me and well, you guessed it..... "Sir, you can call your insurance company, and they can tell you what they think and if you call three time you will get three different answers, but we have an office policy, and that is to go by what the insurance company says when we call, and since this is what I was told today, this is the rule we are going by, so if you want the procedure done you will play by our rule."

Well..... to add insult to injury one little fellow had to really punch my buttons, and get me going again, no hot flash needed this time. and well..... lets just say that he did not play in our sandbox....and yes I do understand the constant pain, the medications, the insurance, more than you know...... and I do not get instant gratification at my dr's office either, so sit down and wait your turn like everyone else.

This is so unlike me. I am usually Mary sunshine, and have several patients that call me sunshine (the cute old men ) It was like an out of body experience. I have never treated patients like this (but the doc agreed that it was warranted), I am the one with the positive happy attitude, I think I am officially a basket case, next Friday better get here quick so I can get my whits about me. But...... to anyone who has ever worked in the medical field....have you not wanted to tell someone "and did they tell you to wait that long".

Ok, I was a bad girl, but hey, tomorrow is another day, I will be happy if it kills me, thank goodness it is only a 3 day week for me. Thanks for your ears, maybe you will get a laugh from my tale, I sure did when the granny lady asked when my baby was due (swollen endo belly) HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. Makes me wanna hide in the closet.

Annie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-06-2003, 07:59 PM
bless your heart!!

Hugs to you thru cyber land!!

I understand lashing out in pain, etc...

I have had those episodes...imagine linda blair that cuts hair...omg that rhymes...ha...ha..

I have been going to cosmetology school & am already on the floor...(out for surgery now)

Anyway, a few days before I got really sick I had a customer come in & I asked the little lady if she wanted her hair washed before she got it cut & she said that I was the professional then I should know what needs to be done...

without failing a step I say...No, what I mean is what do you wish? Its up to you..

She says 'if you dont know then I dont know what to tell you.."
then I say, 'well lets go wash it'
then she said 'but I washed it at home....'

what tha!!!!!!!!!!???????????

I then lost it I told her that I didnt know what to think about folks that dont know what they want in life or even as simple as what they want on their head...

My supervisor took my cape & said "kimberly, its time for your lunch...."

Man I was steamed!!!

I hope that this gave you a chuckle...

its so hard serving the public, ant it???
Unread 11-06-2003, 08:09 PM

OH MY!!!!!!!

It is, and I just cannot get used to these people that want instant gratification.

It takes some kind of hairy kahunas to walk into a medical office demand treatment, and be stupid enough to say that you ahve been like this for x number of days, and then want treatment now.

Sure hope this gets better after the LSH!!

I did like that, did you want to soak her in the shampoo bowl??

Annie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-06-2003, 08:34 PM

Well, I haven't blown up at anyone yet, but I keep on having little lapses of memory and screwing up things at work that I know better. Nothing major or unfixable, but I take pride in what I do so it irks me to mess up.

The last week or so I've been having hot flashes that just seem to wash over me in waves. It seems it's happening every time I turn around. Messes up my concentration. I actually was feeling nauseus during one particularly bad spell this afternoon. I haven't been sleeping too well either, don't know if that's the Lupron or night sweats or just nerves. A week from now it should all be over but the healing and maybe I'll be able to think straight.
Unread 11-06-2003, 08:34 PM

Some people are completely whacked! Your stories are too funny! I could tell some stories about working in the doc's office too. Most recent example was today...

One of our post-op patients came in for a checkup. She handed me some "continuing disability" forms and said, "The claims examiner wants to know if I can start working at the office doing just computer and phone work." I respond with, "Do you WANT to return to the office now? It's still pretty soon after your surgery." She replies, "We don't have an office." DUHHHHH...

As Bruisincloud said, "What thaaaaaaaaa...."

My "mood chamber", hormone-induced personality replied, "Then why are we EVEN having this conversation??" Not my normal temperament, but bottom line is we all have "issues" right now and I don't feel guilty for my newly-found attitude, (alright, maybe a little guilty)....

We're all human : )
Unread 11-06-2003, 08:37 PM

OK...

so it was not me, and I feel much better now! Sometimes I just do not understand people!!

I have only had a few hot flashes, nothing major, but a bunch of night sweats.

I will try an be nice tomorrow!!

Annie
Unread 11-07-2003, 12:48 AM

sounds like you might want to check with your dr(s) to see about getting some type of medication for anxiety until your surgery date.
Unread 11-07-2003, 07:10 AM
LOL~

I first have to thank you all~ for the laughs..
Ive been in so much pain the last 3 days~ like more pain than ive ever had..
Im trying to keep a little humor, but I have to admit, Ive been lashing out like mad...
Last night DH and I were talking about the surgery and he had questions, was telling me of the stories the older guys at work were telling him about menopause and he was a little worried.. (LOL) I dunno.. he said something that kinda rubbed me the wrong way~ and I said something smart right back, and that loving man had the nerve to say~ whoooooooo mood swing or what?? oh that was the wrong thing to say let me tell you...
Im a little mody yes.. Im in a lot of pain, and oh so tierd of it all..
I somehow feel like he is sooo trying to keep me up and having a lil fun about it all, but sometimes, im feeling like he's doing to much.. does that make any sense>>>???

I have been more moody lately than usuall... Im wondering if because this is all really new, and has only been going on sense Aug.. Im wondering if, even tho theres problems, if maybe my body is staring to go thru menopause all on its own?????
No night sweats or hot flashes, but lordy the mood swings...
Im schedualed for a LAVH on the 19th. he is thinking hes gonna leave the overies, but wont know for 100% sure until he's in there and see's if they are ok, not alot of cysts n such. he is also thinking tho that the left one will have to go.
Had a cyst rupture and he removed a 6cm cyst off the left, and there was/is another, and alot of scar tissue..
I dunno....
guess im down in the dupa , altho I will be glad to get this all over..
geeeessss... lol thanks for letting me vent..
Unread 11-07-2003, 08:00 AM

No....I dont think its the hormones.....I think that there are alot of whackos out there 24/7.

I work for an airline, remember?? Imagine my attitude when passengers cant understand SECURITY MEASURES Its as if Sept 11 never happened in their "little worlds". Its a Catch 22......you either do too much...or not enough. You be amazed how quick people forget until something happens again.

Its no longer PLEASANTVILLE anymore. Its 2003...and its getting worse.
Unread 11-07-2003, 08:14 AM

Well Ladies I can totally relate to what you are saying. I am alittle over 3 month post-op and I am having alot of mood swings and hot flashes like you can not beleive.

I have this one guy in our office that just drives me crazy and since I have been back I just can not even stand the sound of his voice. Last week he was asking me all these stupid questions regarding stuff that really did not pertain to him and at the end of the conversation when I could not stand to hear him anymore I just said " **** (that is his name) I did not know that I need to let you know everything that is going on in the office before I do anything. I will keep that in mind next time something needs to be done. It stopped him and he went back to his desk and he actually has been leaving me along for a week now. I guess my little attitude was all it took to get him away from my desk...

Well hope you all feel better soon and that includes me cause I don't know how much more my DH can take of this...

Hugs, Brenda

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register