Does it hurt to pee???? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Does it hurt to pee???? Does it hurt to pee????

Unread 04-05-2007, 03:57 PM
Does it hurt to pee????

Another crazy question! I was wondering when you have a vaginal hyst. does it burn or hurt when you pee? What does it feel like? I have one week to go and all these crazy thoughts! Thanks again!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-05-2007, 04:15 PM
Does it hurt to pee????

Leesh, I didn't have any pain or burning when go to the bathroom even after they removed the cathater. I dreaded that myself but was pleasantly surprised. But remember, everyone is different.

Best wishes

Wendy
Unread 04-05-2007, 07:58 PM
Does it hurt to pee????

Not at all. I actually was quite normal when cath was removed. No pain.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-05-2007, 08:00 PM
Does it hurt to pee????

The first pee was very uncomfortable, but i think that was from having the cath in there, after that it was fine. The first bm was not much fun either, but it didn't hurt. There was not burning, just a really uncomfortable feeling that went away with in a few seconds of starting to go. You will be fine, I hope you have a speedy recovery!
Unread 04-05-2007, 08:54 PM
Does it hurt to pee????

I didn't have a catheter and I didn't have any pain or problems using the bathroom after my TVH. I got up about 4 hours after my surgery and everything was just like before. We are all different and I hope you don't have any problems.

s, Deb
Unread 04-05-2007, 10:27 PM
Does it hurt to pee????

I had a LAVH and it never really hurt to pee ... it's just that sometimes for the first week or so after surgery my bladder want to didn't empty all at once.

The hospital gave me a plastic bottle to fill with warm water. Squirting the warm water "there" would instantly start the urine flow until my bladder was empty.

It was the same thing I experienced after both of my vaginal births, so I was in familiar territory. It really did help. I'm 10 days post-op now and don't need it anymore ... everything's working normally now.
Unread 04-05-2007, 10:44 PM
Does it hurt to pee????

no pain for me either, just slight discomfort when the foley came out. Drink plenty of water and keep things moving. Good luck, don't worry you will do great.
Unread 04-06-2007, 08:12 AM
Does it hurt to pee????

I didn't have any pain with urination either (but mine was all laparoscopic) but I did have a sensation that many of the other sisters have experienced. There is a feeling that things sort of "shift" downward in a somewhat alarming way when I empty my bladder. :wow: It was a pretty startling and severe feeling in the first week or so post surgery and is gradually fading away. I think things are just settling down in there into the empty space. Anyway, it's not painful, but it was definitely a new sensation, so if you have that feeling, there's no reason to be alarmed.

Good luck to you. The post-op board will be waiting for you when you get to the otherside.
Unread 04-06-2007, 08:31 AM
Does it hurt to pee????

My surgery was at 7:30 a.m., and I had a catheter until around 5:00 p.m. the day of surgery. Around 3:00 p.m., I started feeling the urge to urinate, and told my sister and she checked my cath bag. The tube had gotten twisted, so the flow was backed up, and as soon as she straightened the tube, the urge went away. We told the nurse the next time she came into the room, and she emptied the bag. She said she would remove the catheter around 5:00, but for me to not be surprised if I couldn't empty my bladder or produce any urine the first time to the potty. However, I had been eating ice chips, drinking juice, and drinking TONS of water, so I proved her wrong on my first trip, and each trip thereafter. I experienced no burning or pain, but for the first two to three days, I had to sit for an extended period, allow my bladder to empty, then slightly "push" with whatever those muscles are called, and allow time for the flow to restart to make sure everything was gone.

Hope this helps!

P.S. Removal of the catheter was a breeze. Nurse told me to take a deep breath, and as I was inhaling, she removed the catheter...no pain at all.
Unread 04-06-2007, 08:46 AM
Does it hurt to pee????

I too had no problem going and no pain whatsoever! It was way easier then I thought it would be. Of course some will have problems but I think the majority do not! I had my catheter in for about 36 hours and was able to go to the bathroom within 20 mins. of having it removed! I did however drink a ton of water and ate ice chips to make sure I could go and I really think that helped move things along! Best of luck!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register