Hysterectomy through the VA health system | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy through the VA health system Hysterectomy through the VA health system

Unread 03-25-2014, 12:40 PM
Hysterectomy through the VA health system

Has any other veteran have issues out there dealing with the VA system? Mine is 1 week away and I'm so upset I'm in tears
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-25-2014, 07:41 PM
Re: Hysterectomy through the VA health system

Hi Army twin to HysterSisters

This can be a very emotionally intense experience - both pre- and post-surgery. It is quite the , and fears, nerves, and freakouts are very normal. It can also magnify any problems along the way that normally would be easier to deal with if you were not about to have this surgery.

in there. You have found a place where we understand what you are going through.

Unread 03-26-2014, 10:16 AM

I had a rectocele done thru the va and the doctor was a butt.

My hysterectomy and prolapse surgeries are going thru va but being done at a civilian hospital because it was too advanced for va. It makes it difficult though because if the hospital wants a test it has to be ok,d by va and sometimes the va does the test and sometimes the hospital. It is confusing who to call and what is going on. I am having da Vinci on April 3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2014, 04:18 PM

I'm having to go to a non va facility and dr. Seems like the doctors office hasn't dealt with too many women in the past. Took forever to get the approval for the procedure. I had to call the va myself to see if it was approved. I'm supposed to be gettin a bladder sling too. Still waitin to see if that'll be approved. My main concern is that the pain meds are not going to be preordered and sent to me before surgery. They are gonna give me a paper prescription and I have to walk it to the va hospital myself. Is that normal? I had a colonoscopy and my meds were sent to me months in advance. Needless to say my anxiety level is through the roof
Unread 03-27-2014, 04:58 PM

I was worried about that too so I had the nurse at the va give me a paper that said to order the meds. At least 10 days in advance and they mail them to you. I hand delivered it to my surgeons office and I got them in the mail.

The nurse at the va said not to worry because as long as they are ordered anyone can pick them up with your id. I did get mine in the mail though!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register