Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Oct 29, 2017 - Page 6 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Closed Thread

Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Oct 29, 2017 Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Oct 29, 2017

Unread 10-29-2017, 05:37 PM
Re: Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Oct 29, 2017

Hi fellow week 44 friends! (I had to google that )

I’m a 36yo (37 on 12/26) wife and mom of a 6-year-old that I homeschool. I have PCOS and with birth control pills, I either go many months without a period, or bleed for weeks. Since I had my son it’s been the latter, as well as being heavy. I can no longer do bcp due to migraines so here I am... I’m having a dvh on 10/31; dr is taking uterus, tubes, and cervix. My husband will be working from home for the remainder of the week, and my son thinks I hung the moon, so I won’t be lacking for help. I’m as nervous for surgery as can be expected, but I’m also (even more, possibly) nervous about immediately after and the recovery period as I get migraines and both lack of eating & fluids is a trigger (my surgery isn’t until 1:30 so after dinner tomorrow night I’ll be going a long time without either), and lack of activity is a trigger as well due to pressure that sitting puts on my back and neck. But, I just keep telling myself that once I get through these next few weeks, life will be much better. Best wishes to everyone else scheduled for this week! <3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-29-2017, 06:04 PM

Hello ladies,

I will be your Sunshine Sister and look forward to sharing your recovery journey with you and your sisters that are having surgery this week.

It sounds like you have made good decisions for yourselves, a sign of your strength.
Your worries and fears are so very normal.
Your nurses and doctors have done this before and are prepared to take care of you.

Try to take some time for yourself to relax as you prepare this week.
Remember to drink plenty of water up until you were told to stop so you will be well hydrated.

Please join me and your same week surgery sisters on your Recovery Progress Report thread as soon as you feel like posting.

Click on Member Survey to correct your profile to show what type of surgery you have. The answers to your future questions might depend on what you have had done.
The Edit Profile link will allow you fill in the
"About Me" information.

Make sure to click on the "Send Answers" button at the bottom of the page.

Sending and prayers
your way for a successful surgery and uneventful recovery.

DH
Unread 10-29-2017, 06:34 PM

Hello! My surgery is first thing tomorrow morning. I was diagnosed with stage 1b1 cervical cancer last month. Having everything removed but my ovaries. I'm a little nervous but just want the cancer out.
I'm a little worried about managing my youngest he's very mom focused right now. But I have a super husband and great family and friends.
Good luck to all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-29-2017, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTreasures View Post
Untethered, Are you comfortable posting your general location? Maybe someone here is near you, or knows someone who is. I'd love to help you find someone to assist with needs, or even just bring a meal or two.

I'll be back to post my "hello" as soon as I can, which is likely going to be tomorrow. I have people looking for dinner now!
This is an excellent idea. I offered in my post too, if she's in my area.
Unread 10-29-2017, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTreasures View Post
I'll be back to post my "hello" as soon as I can, which is likely going to be tomorrow. I have people looking for dinner now!
(((TTreasures))) Just wanted to send some extra hugs and positive thoughts for your surgery this week. You've got this, (((sister)))!
Unread 10-29-2017, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metu View Post
Hello! My surgery is first thing tomorrow morning. I was diagnosed with stage 1b1 cervical cancer last month. Having everything removed but my ovaries. I'm a little nervous but just want the cancer out.
I'm a little worried about managing my youngest he's very mom focused right now. But I have a super husband and great family and friends.
Good luck to all!
Sending hugs and crossing fingers for a smooth procedure and the best possible final path report. Definitely don't be shy about asking for help and letting your team know what you need.
Unread 10-29-2017, 07:51 PM

THANK YOU! I just told my husband I felt like a whiner! I needed your comments! Preop tomorrow morning! day 1 of all liquid diet, completed
Unread 10-29-2017, 07:57 PM
Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Oct 29, 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by latinanh View Post
Good Morning!

I am scheduled for my hysterectomy tomorrow 10.30.17 at 9am. My uterus is the size of a soccer ball and my doctor has to make a vertical cut. I have a awesome support team, but still feeling very anxious. Ive tried to stop smoking, but my nerves are really bad. I just pray all goes well for myself and fellow ladies having surgery this week.
I’m having my hysterectomy tomorrow morning too. My uterus is very enlarged as well. He’s going in laparoscopically first but said there is a 50% chance he will cut me open as well. Good luck to you!
Unread 10-29-2017, 08:08 PM
Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Oct 29, 2017

Hello everyone.
My surgery is scheduled for Nov 2.
I'm having a da vinci and the dr is taking my uterus and fallopian tubes.

To say that I am freaking out would be an understatement.
Haven't slept properly in days. Anxiety is through the roof.
My allergies are also bad right now

I have a good support system, but none of them really know what to say to me.
Unread 10-29-2017, 08:10 PM

Hello lovely ladies,
Welcome to HysterSisters! I hope you find comfort from our wonderful family. I will pray for everyone be calm and to heal well.
Remember that everyone here has had or will have a hysterectomy, we've all been scared. Don't be afraid to ask questions, to vent, cry, or whatever. I know I won't be offended.
Closed Thread

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register