Just tired of being tired | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Just tired of being tired Just tired of being tired

Unread 01-06-2012, 10:04 PM
Just tired of being tired

3 weeks today. Doing more slowly-like daily dishes and such, but still mostly sitting/laying around and feeling so bored and lazy I cannot stand it!

I also just think about everything. Like how hubby has never said "love you, etc." through this at all-and if I said anything to him about this he'd deny it-so no point.

My mom is getting tired I think of me emailing her daily, as I only email her and talk to one friend a few days a week-of whom is having a baby in a week actually, so she will no longer have time for me.

kids are back in school, I miss them dearly.

I'm torn: I'm scared to return to work end of month, but mentally ready, yet I still get so exhausted I don't know if I can do it.

Husband has a migraine right now-so the world must end-never mind that I have had them almost nightly since surgery-that doesn't matter.

Seems like ONLY people who care are you all who I have never met.

Feel more alone than ever in my life right now. Told husband tonight that I have an interview next week and that it is for PART-TIME as I cannot go back to working full-time and attending night classes at college and three kids and house like I did before surgery it almost killed me-no way I can manage that all in a few weeks, just no way. Now I will never hear the end of it about less money, ugh.

Anway, thanks for reading this and the continued support everyone gives everyone on here-what a blessing this site is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-06-2012, 10:05 PM
Re: Just tired of being tired

am I depressed or just thinking too much???
Unread 01-06-2012, 10:14 PM

Give yourself a hug and then a break! It's only been three weeks and it amazed me how long the fatigue lasted. I was still tired at six weeks out and now at nine weeks am tired when I get home from work. And I am not even doing kids or night school. My kids are college age and one is 27. So, I imagine at this point you are tired of feeling tired, a little lonely and still probably sore. You are at the midpoint where you feel good enough to be bored but still a little sore and alot fatigued, which stops you from doing what you'd like. So again, give yourself a break and some time to heal. Read a good book?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-06-2012, 10:17 PM

It sounds like you are feeling 3 weeks out blues. I was there earlier this week. I am completely bored and stir crazy. Looking forward to going back to work but knowing it will completely tire me out. i am so tired of being tired. Just got into bed exhausted, and tah dah! Can't sleep. Going to pay for it tomorrow. Ugh. Hot flash too!

First...you are not alone. Second...breathe. Third...hang in there. It will get better. Sounds like life was uber busy before surgery. Now life will be uber busy, plus naps.

We are here for you. Hugs and prayers for you.
Unread 01-06-2012, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth L View Post
First...you are not alone. Second...breathe. Third...hang in there. It will get better. Sounds like life was uber busy before surgery. Now life will be uber busy, plus naps.

We are here for you. Hugs and prayers for you.
I like that, Beth - uber busy plus naps. I'm 7 weeks out and still feel like a nap now and then - some days mostly NOW.

But, honestly, it does get better and I'm back to my regular schedule. Give it time. And hand your husband the broom.
Unread 01-06-2012, 10:34 PM

Don't feel bad I am at 6wks and have the bout of blues too and also have a husband who was great the 1st week but slowly all have forgotten mom had major surgery only 6 wks ago. I have 3 kids 2 teenage boys at home and my daughter who lives with bfriend. I start back to work mon. Nervous but getting back in a routine will do me good I think! I am taking estradiol and read a lot of people have terrible side effects I have some muscle aches but not life threatening .... I hope u feel better each day and just take it one day at a time ... I know too how the $ blues on top of it all sucks as well but as long as u have a roof over your head and food on the table your blessed and better off than 80% of the rest of the world..read something inspirational
Unread 01-06-2012, 11:23 PM

is smacking him with the broom stick counts as the same thing?
Unread 01-06-2012, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathy1970 View Post
is smacking him with the broom stick counts as the same thing?
"Honest Officer, I was just handing it to him and he walked right into it - 5 times!" But I'm ornery like that.
Unread 01-07-2012, 01:58 AM

I keep reading lots of posts where women sound like they almost feel guilty for feeling bad or depressed. I think because we are women there is an expectation that we and other people in our lives have placed on us to be super-women! If ever there was a time in life to feel entitled to throw yourself a pity party, NOW is that time! Think of all you have been through. And then think about all the years leading up to this that probably got you to this point. Then if you have someone who would guilt trip you for not meeting their expectations of what they think you should do, then who wouldn't feel bad? If you do not resolve one single other issue in your mind, at least resolve that it is OKAY to feel any way that you want to feel right now! Embrace your feelings and allow yourself to be your number one priority right now no matter who gets tweaked out of shape over it.
Unread 01-07-2012, 08:20 AM

Thank you for the support-doesn't help that my mom was super crabby in her last email to me, so I cried. I'm sitting here now fighting back tears with hubby in room reading all your replies.

I have to go shower and go to my best friends baby shower now-I'm excited and scared equally to leave the house for an hour drive and being gone for hours-first time really other than short jaunts out to store or something.

Afraid I'll be viewed as 100% by husband for leaving after getting dressed!

Wonder if I'll be "normal" at the baby shower or fall apart?

Ugh, I know I will pay for this outing later on, but it's gotta be worth it, and we gotta start going out eventually to get used to going back to "normal" whatever that is, right? I have one place to go each day now it seems: today: shower, tomorrow: church, Monday: dentist for filling, Tuesday: interview for job. I'm sure just doing each activity will result in napping big time once back home, but I just hope I can not cry once out of the house.

Am I wrong to think if I had husbands support I would feel ok about crying and gosh, I sit here and cry some more just wishing I had the kind of husband who would hold me and comfort me/let me cry-ugh.

Oh well, I gotta go shower as being picked up soon-thanks so much for the support-does this 3 week sadness and boredom suddenly end at week 4 by any chance???

How long is feeling this way a sign or how long is "normal"?????

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register