Hysterectomy dates Apr 09-Apr 16,2007 - Page 32 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Apr 09-Apr 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Apr 09-Apr 16,2007

Unread 05-11-2007, 07:45 PM
Hysterectomy dates Apr 09-Apr 16,2007

Maybe someday we should all meet and have tea.

Maybe a glass of wine. And laugh a lot!!!!

Just a thought!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-11-2007, 07:57 PM

DC
Thanks for your kind words Keep the faith! Your sunny days are coming. I know I was truly fortunate to have my TAH relatively easy. I also know what pain is since this most recent surgery is number 6 in my life so far. I'm not exactly the poster child of good health! I also don't have much left to remove unless you count fat cells. That would have to be major surgery. :-)

RobinRN
You truly have been through quite an ordeal. I'll keep you in my prayers for a quick recovery. I am thinking good wishes for you!

Snowflake
Unread 05-11-2007, 09:17 PM

Oh Robin....

I am so sorry. I am sending warm, healing feelings your way!!!

To the rest of you,
I hope that the pain will be relieved and you (hopefully) do not regret your choice to help each and everyone of you. Keep writing and healing!

- Dee Dee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-11-2007, 09:39 PM

Robin, I'm sorry you had to go through that. You need to take it really easy now. Hope you start to feel better. How long does the drain stay in?
DC4ever, hope you start to feeling better soon, too.
Margie123 (I think this was your suggestion)--I bought some milk of mag today. Senna and Colace 2x/day is just not cutting the mustard. Feel so bloated and miserable. Had a little success today but not nearly enough.
I am still "leaking"--just pink heavy spotting.
Well, off to insert the Flagyl cream like a good girl!!
Have a good night everyone.
Unread 05-11-2007, 11:03 PM

RobinRN - I DID miss you - you are my 4-11 sister! I am SO sorry to hear about your setbacks! It puts my trivial problems in place! I do hope you get to feeling much better and have a fabulous mother's day!

As for me -- I have escaped my bed and recliner! DH has training at Kennedy Space tomorrow - NASA (he is a Zero-G coach) - so my ds and I came along and are at a hotel on Cocoa Beach!

About halfway here (it's 3 hrs) I was missing my bed - but we stopped to eat and I was better - did not end up taking a pain pill that I thought I would need. I hope it is the change I needed to get me over the hump! Don't worry I'll be taking it easy - at the pool and beach tomorrow and in the room - I don't have to go anywhere.

Take it easy everyone!
Unread 05-12-2007, 08:31 AM

Hi, Ladies. I envy those of you who are not working yet. After three days at the office this week, I was wiped out on Thursday and felt like I was back to week two. I ended up taking a painkiller for the first time in weeks. Yesterday I felt better, but was worried about ending up in the same boat if I pushed it right away again, so I stayed home and worked some from here. Today I feel better again. Still have swelly belly, and still feel sore in belly, worse after going back to work than just before. So I guess the six weeks off work thing would have been better, but I felt too guilty to take that much time off. Especially when I felt pretty good when I was laying around at home. I found, however, that laying around at home and sitting in a chair all day are two different things. I wish I had a sofa in my office and I would work laying down with my laptop, like I do at home. I wonder how long it takes before we stop feeling uncomfortable sitting in a chair for hours on end. Next week I will try getting up for frequent walks around the office and see if that helps. My plan is to go in every day, but leave a little earlier than I did this week. It's just so hard to force myself to do that. I feel like I'm being a whiney baby, or my boss will think I'm taking advantage. I know this is all in my head, that he probably doesn't think that as I never was one to be off sick before.

It is a beautiful morning here in Austin. Lots of pretty birds in my feeders. It's amazing how many beautiful birds I've seen with all these days laying on the sofa, gazing at the feeders out the window. I even had an indigo bunting and a painted bunting for a few days there. Oh no, I've turned into my bird-watching mother! But honestly, I didn't have time for these simple pleasures before, and it is very nice.

I hope you are all doing well and taking care of you on this Saturday morning.
Unread 05-12-2007, 08:50 AM
I hope that it is OK

I do hope that I am going to be ok. After the little kayaking episode, my bellybutton was hurting and then I looked down and found a little something sticking out and it was very painful to the touch. I just sat around all day yesterday and i'm going to do the same today. It seems better today so I quess that is the ticket. I had the worst day so far yesterday. It was my 4 week day and I had hoped that I would be so much better and instead, I was just as bad as the begining only more scared that I had done something irrevocable. It was helpful to read everyones posts however. I bought my laptop in time for this inforced recliner period and boy am I glad I did. It is helpful to know otheres are feeling what I am and going through the same things. When I read what others are going through I think my little bellybutton ordeal isn't that big a deal. I hope tho se of you that have had complications hang in there and get well soon.
Unread 05-12-2007, 09:27 AM

I am holding my own I guess. I am still hurting - my belly button still hurts and alot of activity at anything puts me back to bed and I am still on pain meds but overall doing okay. I think my mood has improved tremedously (I thank all of you for a lot of that) and that helps. A lot of the frustration has gone and I have just resigned myself to the fact that I am going to take longer to heal. My Dr called me this morning (that sent him way up on my list for good drs ) and said that I keep forgetting I am only 4 weeks out from major surgery with some major organs removed (LAVH/BSO) and all of the nerves that were cut, moved and pulled are starting to wake up so I am going to be in some pain.

This is probably TMI but when I had my BM this morning I bled. Not a little spot which isn't unusual for me but dripping from my rectum. My Dr said he didn't think that was from the surgery and to go to my PCP to have it checked out if it continues. It only happens when I have a BM but the stool softeners are working so my stools are not hard so it isn't like they are cutting me. My first reaction was "What now???". I probably have a bleeding ulcer from all of the meds.

Oh well. It is a beautiful day so I am going to try and hang out outside today and I don't feel "down" like I have been so I am going to count my blessings. I really want to go fishing but I am just not up to that right now.

I hope all of you are feelling better.
Unread 05-12-2007, 10:54 AM

DC4ever - thanks for sharing - because you and I had a very similar surgery and my surgeon's associate was not as helpful - and I had a lot of bowel adhesion work done (which is causing much of my pain -especially with the BM). He just about made me feel like i was making up the pain because i wasn't jumping off the table when he palpated my belly - also he said any swelling would be gone - but my belly is still swollen (my weight is about the same). I can't use those stomach muscles either -
Unread 05-12-2007, 05:21 PM

Why as women are we programmed to feel guilty about taking care of ourselves when we need to. To all you ladies that can afford to complete your recovery, do it! I don't know many men that would go back to work before they should because of guilt. They are programmed to milk it for all it's worth! They also know that we will pamper them. So please take care of yourselves ladies and know that what you do now to heal will pay off in the long run. Keep telling yourselves that you deserve it!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register