dVH/RALH Sex | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 12-08-2011, 02:04 PM
Sex

Ok can not believe I am going to ask (or tell this) this but I am 7 weeks post op and was given the ok on Monday to resume a "normal" life. However, I am sooooo scared that for the last 3 nights I have taken a sleeping pill so that I fall asleep watching TV.
I so want to be with my husband again as I am been longing to but now that I have been given the OK I am Scared to Death!
I have read all the posts and know I will be ok, bottom line is I need a mom figure to tell me it will be ok.
THANKS!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-08-2011, 02:29 PM
Re: Sex

Hi Kuburt,

I don't know if I am a "mom" figure (lol). But I can offer some encouragement. I had a LAVH in June (kept ovaries). Initially, I was nervous about the sex thing too, but I got so "ready" that I had to go for it! The best tip I can give is for you to talk to your husband about how you feel. I am sure he will understand and may even have some concerns of his own. Secondly, take your time! Even with my ovaries I noticed (and still do) that I need much more time to get excited and lubricated. The third thing is don't be too disappointed if things do not feel exactly as they did before in the beginning. I went throught a bit of a mourning period when I realized that I was never going to have the deep, throbbing internal orgasms that I used to have when I had a uterus and cervix... but finally after 6 months I feel like I am enjoying sex again. Whoopie!
I hope you decide to go for it soon - you will be glad you did. Good luck!
Unread 12-08-2011, 02:36 PM

I am not in a realationship so I would be scared too, I am sure your significant other will be patient and caring, the both of you can take it slow and learn together.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-08-2011, 02:40 PM

Otkira, Thank you so much as even though I talk to my mom about everything, this is the one thing that I didn't want to ask. You are right I do need to talk to my husband but I THANK YOU for your help!!!
Unread 12-08-2011, 02:55 PM

No problem! I am glad to help!
Unread 12-08-2011, 02:58 PM

I am not a "mom" figure either, but I can sure be a "sister"!!

I agree with the things said above. It is understandable that you are scared. You should definitely talk with your husband about those fears. He may not even realize that you are scared.

When you two decide it is time to try it, just go slow. My had us ease into it very slowly. We started out with light petting (no intercourse) just to get my mind and my body used to the idea again. Then we moved on to the actually deed, but still taking it very slowly. You might want to try some extra lubrication the first few times just to help make it as comfortable for you as possible.

Don't be in a hurry to be where you were in the bedroom before the surgery. It is going to take time. Don't rush it.
Just remember, you have to relax to be able to enjoy it!

to you.
Unread 12-08-2011, 03:15 PM

First time for me last night and I was dead scared. Hubby was very understanding and very gentle. We used copious amounts of lubricant! Everything went well. I'm sure you will be fine.
Unread 12-08-2011, 07:06 PM

The first time is very scary. It is likely your hubby is terrified of hurting you. I know my DH didn't take his eyes off my face the first time. He wanted to know if he was hurting me or if he should stop. It's a good idea to be on top the first couple times so you can control the depth and stop right away if it hurts. I was given the all clear at 8 weeks but we waited until 9 weeks. It didn't hurt but I was sore so we stopped after a few minutes. It really does take time to get back into it again. I too notice a big difference in my orgasm since I can't feel the strong uterine contractions. At first the orgasm was extremely disappointing but it is getting a little better with time. Communication, lubrication and patience are the keys. Good luck and enjoy!
Unread 12-08-2011, 07:46 PM

Thank you to all the sisters who have given great advice!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register