1 week post-op feeling lost - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

1 week post-op feeling lost 1 week post-op feeling lost

Unread 02-08-2012, 11:08 AM
Re: 1 week post-op feeling lost

I am so sorry that you are having such a hard time. I am 7 days post op and I tend to think I can do more than I can before I should be doing it, lol. I have realized, with the help of this site that I needed to lay down the super woman cape on this situation. 1 week out is not enough time for your body to heal. You are still battling exhaustion and soreness and can injure yourself if trying to do too much too soon. I allowed my husband to read some of the posts on this site and to watch the videos for how to handle each week. they were very helpful in showing him what i was going through and what I neede from him and the family. I kept one of my ovaries, but still have had some weepy days, which is completely out of my character. Sometimes our ovaries go into a bit of shock and takes a while to catch up on what happened. I was feeling great yesterday so I went shopping and to my daughters gymnastics practice but today I am extremely sore and hurting a bit, so I overdid it. Please take it easy and rest. You may need to call your doctor and get their advice as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-08-2012, 11:53 AM

Kudos to your dh for wanting to quit smoking, but it's unfortunate that he's going through his withdrawal, and dealing with Chantix side effects, when you need him to be there for you physically and emotionally. I've heard a lot of bad things about Chantix, perhaps he could consider another plan?

It also has seemed to me that the DaVinci surgery is over-hyped as a miraculous process, pain is pain and organs are still removed and stitches are still sewn into place that tug, sting, and have to be treated with care. There's still physical trauma, blood loss, and the body has to heal and it all takes time - period. There is no "miracle" surgery that allows a woman to do handsprings and turn cartwheels on her way out of the hospital, it's a complex, painful process; and that's why we are given pain medicines and orders to rest, eat well, and be vigilant about avoiding activities that could strain or worse, tear, delicate bits of ourselves unnecessarily.

Both you and your dh need to be patient and have compassion for each other, but you have had parts of your body surgically removed and you need to rest. There is no valid argument for why you should not be allowed to do that. You aren't "pampering" yourself, you are healing after a major, invasive surgery. Whether it was done with robotic assistance or not, your body needs time and rest to heal.
Unread 02-09-2012, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqCloud View Post
I had the Da Vinci procedure a week ago. Uterus and cervix removed, both ovaries left. I have 5 small incisions. I honestly feel so lost right now.

I've had a temperature and ended up in the ER last night with nausea and pain. I have people telling me it's been a week and I shouldn't be in much pain anymore. My husband was great about taking care me at first, but now he seems more annoyed than anything. I just got so upset that I went to the kitchen, did all of the dishes, cleaned up, and now I am sitting in my bed sobbing like a baby.

What is wrong with me? SHOULD I be over the pain since it was a simple robotic procedure?
Why am I a crying mess? I don't know where to turn or what to do. I just want to take a few pain meds and ignroe the world.
I just noticed your user name. My friends here in Los Angeles would probably recommend a different name ... Something in the "healing light" or "expecting to be better" category. You know, the mind-body connection... I am in the land of vegetarian, metaphysical, alternative therapies, visualization, whole foods, green smoothies, chakras and acupuncture... I wasn't born here, but I now live here. Some of this stuff has rubbed off on me. I did pre-surgery hypnosis audios, etc... Helped my attitude around this considering I am neurotically anxious about most things. I hope you are feeling better soon. Hormones: tiny but powerful!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-09-2012, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnomelady View Post
Kudos to your dh for wanting to quit smoking, but it's unfortunate that he's going through his withdrawal, and dealing with Chantix side effects, when you need him to be there for you physically and emotionally. I've heard a lot of bad things about Chantix, perhaps he could consider another plan?

It also has seemed to me that the DaVinci surgery is over-hyped as a miraculous process, pain is pain and organs are still removed and stitches are still sewn into place that tug, sting, and have to be treated with care. There's still physical trauma, blood loss, and the body has to heal and it all takes time - period. There is no "miracle" surgery that allows a woman to do handsprings and turn cartwheels on her way out of the hospital, it's a complex, painful process; and that's why we are given pain medicines and orders to rest, eat well, and be vigilant about avoiding activities that could strain or worse, tear, delicate bits of ourselves unnecessarily.

Both you and your dh need to be patient and have compassion for each other, but you have had parts of your body surgically removed and you need to rest. There is no valid argument for why you should not be allowed to do that. You aren't "pampering" yourself, you are healing after a major, invasive surgery. Whether it was done with robotic assistance or not, your body needs time and rest to heal.
Well said!!!
Unread 02-09-2012, 10:46 PM

Hehe, the username is actually in reference to my 2 favorite Korean Pop music groups. Well, one is a group (MBLAQ) the other is an individual named Rain (if you've seen the movie Ninja Assassin, he plays the lead role), but his fans are called Clouds. So it actually has a very happy and good meaning to me.

I had my first post op appointment today. It went well, although once they removed the bandages and put new ones on, the incisions hurt like heck. It was nice to be told everything I feel is normal. She assured me that no matter how "fancy" they make the surgery and no matter what machines they use, it's still the same & everything on the inside still goes through the same trauma. She also said the night sweats/hot flashes/crying is normal because although I still have my ovaries, they are in mourning from losing their best friend in there and aren't working as they should be right now. LOL
On a brighter note, the DH is being wonderful again. He's still not smoking and the couple of days of bad effects of the Chantix are gone. He's being soooo supportive and will get after me if he feels I am up too long or doing too much. He truly is being wonderful.
Unread 02-09-2012, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqCloud View Post
Hehe, the username is actually in reference to my 2 favorite Korean Pop music groups. Well, one is a group (MBLAQ) the other is an individual named Rain (if you've seen the movie Ninja Assassin, he plays the lead role), but his fans are called Clouds. So it actually has a very happy and good meaning to me.

I had my first post op appointment today. It went well, although once they removed the bandages and put new ones on, the incisions hurt like heck. It was nice to be told everything I feel is normal. She assured me that no matter how "fancy" they make the surgery and no matter what machines they use, it's still the same & everything on the inside still goes through the same trauma. She also said the night sweats/hot flashes/crying is normal because although I still have my ovaries, they are in mourning from losing their best friend in there and aren't working as they should be right now. LOL
On a brighter note, the DH is being wonderful again. He's still not smoking and the couple of days of bad effects of the Chantix are gone. He's being soooo supportive and will get after me if he feels I am up too long or doing too much. He truly is being wonderful.

The black cloud has lifted! Doctors' words are so reassuring!
So glad DH is through his tunnel. Quitting smoking is Herculean.
I am clueless about Korean Pop Musc, but do like Layla Lane. I will look up BLAQUCLOUD ! I have the time!
Unread 02-10-2012, 12:59 AM

Korean Pop music is my world sometimes. Sadly, most of the boys are YOUNG so I have to ask my daughter their age before saying they are hot....gotta make sure they are legal! LOL
MBLAQ is my current obsession. Rain is awesome but is serving 2 yrs in the South Korean military.

Yes, dr's words are very reassuring. I love the support here as well, but having a dr tell me I'm not a whiny baby does help too.

I am very proud of DH being able to stop. He's only been cigarette free for a few days, but it's so different with the medicine than when he's tried without. I think we all might actually get through this tough time!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register