What do they do? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What do they do? What do they do?

Unread 11-13-2008, 10:39 AM
What do they do?

Hello Sisters,

I'm scheduled for Monday the 17th for a LSH. It figures the uterus gets the last word in. Starting period #9 in 6 months. If I'm starting today, based on what things have been like the last 6 months, I will be bleeding heavily by Monday. Do they just let things fly as is or do they put you on Meds? I will be calling the doc's office this afternoon to let them know, but always like to hear others experiences.

Thanks Sisters! And looking foward to the other side!
Casei
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-13-2008, 12:02 PM
What do they do?

I was on my last period when I went in for my surgery and my OB said no big deal just think of it as your last one forever so I didn't stress on it to bad. They well see worse while doing the surgery so I wouldn't worry about it.
Take care
Unread 11-13-2008, 12:05 PM
What do they do?

I don't want to be gross or anything, but it's not like they can tell period blood from bleeding during the surgery. I was told it wouldn't be a big deal. You can ask your doc to feel more comfortable.

Cristy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-13-2008, 12:27 PM
What do they do?

I had my last period the day of surgery. when asked the nurse if it was going to be a problem she said just say bye bye never see you again
Unread 11-13-2008, 03:28 PM
What do they do?

it shouldnt make a bit of difference. good luck with your lsh!
Unread 11-13-2008, 05:33 PM
What do they do?

I had assumed that my doc would keep me on the pill so that I wouldn't be bleeding on my surgery date, but I was wrong. She told me to stop taking the pill (this was during my pre-op appt one week before the op) because the estrogen content would heighten the risk of blood clots during surgery. I told her I'd probably be bleeding on the day, but she said that'd be OK. So, don't worry about it!
Unread 11-13-2008, 07:53 PM
What do they do?

Went for my pre op today and I too started yesterday. Made me realize just why I am doing this. My surgery is tomorrow. Doc said no problem. Best wishes to you!!!
Unread 11-13-2008, 08:31 PM
What do they do?

I am scheduled for a TAH when I asked the surgeon..what if, because my periods are very heavy, she said..It Will Not Matter no matter how heavy it is, we will not cancel it!
Unread 11-14-2008, 05:46 AM
What do they do?

Awesome! Thanks sisters!

Those are the answers I was looking for. No cancelling and I centaintly don't give a rat's behind one bit if I'm bleeding or not. Maybe this in mother natures way of reminding me why I'm doing this? Doc not available to me until surgery day unless of an emergency. So I let the uterus have it's way with me this weekend, then I will have the last word! It's atta here!

My only real concern was not being able to take anything for pain, but I have a funny feeling I just won't need it. I'm ready, thanks to all the amazing sisters willilng to share their experiences with us all. Knowledge is power. I feel completely empowered right now. An weird sense of calm has taken over. I feel completely comfortable with what's about to happen. Had my pre op on 2 days ago, no bowel prep. She told me to eat light sat and sun. she asked me if I have regular BM every day and I said "like clockwork" So no iron, just colace and my multivitamin.

Thank you all sisters, I have found power and support in women I have never met, but still feel connected to. What a great gift.

I'll post on the other side.
Thank you all again, Stay well.
Casei
Unread 11-15-2008, 03:52 AM
What do they do?

Just to let you know..a little hint- Yes go lite on foods.

Yogurts with live cultures are good ..but increase liquids while you can...UP UNTIL you were told to stop eating and drinking

You go girl...And I will be a couple of weeks behind you...have a happy recovery!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register