November's a Short Month | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

November's a Short Month November's a Short Month

Unread 11-05-2003, 02:40 PM
November's a Short Month

Hello ladies,
I'm down for the castle on Dec 1. I decided in mid-July to go that route after trying to put things off for 8+ years (multiple fibroids, hysteroscopy/laproscopy, severe bleeding). But now they're growing (5 month uterus) and I have slightly raised CA 125 test. Gynae is "concerned" and wants to see what's going on in there. Oh, and ultrasound last week revealed multiple cysts on right ovary. That came as a bit of a surprise (but explains pains there mid-month perhaps?). My dr had told me that fibroids were always benign. I nearly fell over when my gynae contradicted that. Up until then I'd just assumed they were harmless growths. Learning this played a part in my decision to go for radical (op) rather than MRI's and more blood tests.
So now there's my pre-op tomorrow. When I'll feel part of the system. Haven't heard from or spoken to my gynae since July. Perhaps I'll give his office a call.
At least I liked the man. I'd seen a couple of different ones over the years. The first old toad was unbelievable. I was trying hard to avoid surgery at the time (thought I could wait it out 'til menopause when the fibroids should shrink). Said not that I was a baby particularly, but really, I hadn't even had my ears pierced (i.e. I wanted to keep my bod intact if possible!). He offered (jokingly hahahaha. NOT) to pierce my ears at the same time as hyst. I'm still horrified by his insensitivity 8 yrs' on. Thankfully he's now been retired. My dr apologised on his behalf and said he had a "reputation" (why did he recommend him to start with, I wondered? Actually, even asked him that q. He said his wife had used him and that his track record in the op. room was excellent. Shame about the bedside manner!!).
Goodness, didn't mean this to be a rant-ette.
Just wanted to post my first. And tell you that without this site I'd be lost. I know a lot more about what to expect now. I can't say I'm looking forward to Dec 1, but really believe that my life is going to improve immeasurably afterwards. And think of the $'s I'll save on feminine goods!!
All the best to you all.
Thanks for being there.
Nellie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-05-2003, 05:05 PM
bless your heart!!

I hope that things start looking up for you....HUGS to you!!

Man, when it rains it pours for some of us, dont it???

I just wanted to let you know that I am here for you if you need a friend...
Unread 11-05-2003, 10:12 PM
November's a Short Month

nellie, i'm glad to meet another dec. 1st liw!!!! i got told that i needed mine last year october. pain got so intense in feb. i thought i was gonna die. i've had to put mine off thanks to where i work. i have been counting down the weeks and now the days until dec 1st for months now. my pain is so intense i find myself crying at work it hurts so bad. this has interferred with my quality of life mega big time now. i have been perimenopausal for about 5 years now and have the hormone tests to prove it too. my fibroids (i can't wait for the pathology report to tell me just how many of these things are actually in there causing all this pain...."several" and "numerous" isn't cutting it with me anymore) aren't gonna get any smaller with menopause.

hang in there honey....we're in this together.

debbie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register