Surgery in the morning | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery in the morning Surgery in the morning

Unread 06-29-2005, 02:47 PM
Surgery in the morning

Greetings Sisters,

I just received the call from the hospital and I am to arrive at 7:30am. Soooo HAPPY that I do not have to wait all day!!! I don't do well with out my morning coffee. My Mother is here to help get the house cleaned up, it's kinda the same feeling that I had geting ready to bring my Daughter home after her birth. We will never have my house clean enough.
There is alot of tension in the air, the fear is setting in with my Mother, Daughter and Myself. I am scared, trying not to show fear because I don't want my Mother and Daughter to be upset.
I Know my Mom is doing the same. I just want to cry and feel sorry for myself. I have been divorced for 10 years, but I still have the dream of the perfect partner, white picket fence and more children. I know I can adopt and so forth, but I still feel a sence of loss. I also have a very large fear a pain! I take enough
hydrocodone and oxycotin now for my back/pelvic pain to put a horse down without much relief, I fear that they won't be able to control my pain. I pray that after my surgery I can get off those d*** pills. I feel like I am a slave to them. I soooo dependant(addicted), I cannot funtion without them. That is a awful feeling .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-29-2005, 03:11 PM
Surgery in the morning

After tommorrow you won't have need of all those pain meds for much longer so that is one thing to be thankful for. I hear you and feel your anxiety in your post. I'm due for my TAHBSO on July 6th and I'm anxious and fear ridden as well. I have my daughter and two sisters at the ready and I don't talk about it much with them for the same reasons you stated about your mom and daughter. BOY!! this is kind of one of those things we have just got to do alone isn't it? I wish you a successful surgery and a speedy uneventful recovery.

Best wishes and lots of prayers.

~Maple
Unread 06-29-2005, 04:37 PM
Surgery in the morning

You and I have the same surgery date! June 30th!! Egads--that's tomorrow!! Mine is scheduled for 9:15 AM. I need to be at the castle at 7:15. I must admit, from the time I knew I was going to need a hyst., everyone connected to the procedure from the doctor himself to to the gal from the hospital who just called me confirming the time, has been just wonderful. They have all been angels, really. I really can't complain about the way I am being treated, and this is BEFORE the surgery!

Best of luck to you, Katthleen, and I'll be thinking of of you way up here in Michigan!

Mary in Mich
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-29-2005, 05:05 PM
Surgery in the morning

Best wishes for tomorrow, It will all work out. But I know it is easier said than done. I too am very scared about my TAH/BSO on July 5th. I have my husband and Mom that will be helping but I worry about how well my little boy will be taken care of he's 6 and very much a mommies boy. You never think anyone can do as good of a job as you, but i guess we have to have faith.

Just think of how great you will feel once this is all over.

Trish
Unread 06-29-2005, 05:06 PM
Surgery in the morning

Please don't feel like it's not ok to tell folks you're feeling nervous and scared... this is big, major surgery, and OF COURSE you're scared! But everyone who loves you will understand, truly they will!!!

And it's a better thing to feel "heard" regarding your fears (get them out of your system) than it is to stuff it all inside and try to play strong for everyone else around you... they wouldn't be around to help if they didn't want to be there for you... ya know? So let them be there and help you, in whatever ways you need.

But do take heart... When I did this two weeks ago I was scared to death. And the day after the surgery I was already feeling a huge sense of relief, and that the whole experience just wasn't anywhere near as bad as I had envisioned... the worry and fear beforehand can be pretty horrible, though.

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow. Good luck, speedy recovery, and every other blessing...

Anne
Unread 06-29-2005, 06:05 PM
Surgery in the morning

Kathleen and Mary - God's protection and blessings today, tomorrow and every day He gives you. Stay strong and optimistic that it WILL all be better after surgery. Blessings.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register