Someone's gotta be from Massachusetts!!! - Page 6 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Neighborhoods > HysterSisters in the United States of America > Massachusetts

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Someone's gotta be from Massachusetts!!! Someone's gotta be from Massachusetts!!!

Unread 06-03-2007, 07:45 PM
Someone's gotta be from Massachusetts!!!

Best of luck with it! When you say partial, what are they removing? I had the ovaries left but everything else removed. Burlington's just down the highway from me! You'll be sharing your success stories soon!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-03-2007, 08:44 PM

Thank you! Cool...we're neighbors! I'm having my uterus removed and my left ovary...I have adeno and endo....can't wait! I have the jitters! Thinking of calling my doc to let her know....i can barely sleep!!!!!

How did you bounce back? I've heard such mixed things! I'm worried about going into menopause....suppose the other ovary shuts down? I'm 38...going to be 39 soon...my gyn was hoping to get me to 40...but, i can't take it any more!!!!!!! Thanks for listening!
Unread 06-04-2007, 06:34 PM

I kept both ovaries but they went into shock for about 2 weeks after the surgery so I had hot flashes, mood swings and dry skin a plenty! But once they kicked back in I have been pretty good. A hot flash maybe once or twice a week if that.... a bit of moodiness around what would normally be pms, but everything else seems to be working just fine! I was a bit concerned about having the cervix removed but haven't noticed a problem. Phew! As they say on this site, everything in the playground seems to be fully functioning. Perhaps a bit differently than before at the beginning but now it seems to be the same place I've always known! LOL If you're having trouble sleeping definitely talk to the doc. You want as much strength as you can gather before the big day. I had a football sized tumor removed at the same time but only stayed in for two days. Went in for surgery Thursday am, went home Saturday afternoon. My intestines appeared to be back in full working order by that Monday which is really good from what I"ve heard but I took people's advice here and drank the Smooth Moves tea as well as taking the stuff my doc recommended. I also drank TONS of fluids which helped I"m sure. Everyone's different. For me I didn't do stairs til the second weekend (9 days from surgery) and didn't take a standing up shower til probably Tuesday after I got home.... I just didn't have the strength. My incision was a bit wider than many but I had no external stitches which was nice. And for the first few days my stomach was flatter than it had ever been! I was driving short distances by a month, and working from home on a laptop for full days by day 10.... but I didn't go back to work full time til a full 6 weeks. I needed a couple weeks of part time to get my stamina back. Its amazing how important our stomach muscles are. If there are any questions I can answer, ask away! But most of it is just my opinion, or my experience. Calling your doc is always a good way to go with real concerns.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-06-2007, 04:52 AM
Gas and Bloating to beat the band

Hi,

I live in southern Mass (Plymouth) and just had an abdominal hysterectomy 5 days ago. Got home from the hospital yesterday. I'm can't believe the amount of painful bloating in my abdomin. Can hardly move. Has anyone else experienced this? What works? I'm ready to try a laxative but a bit scared. Any ideas out there?
Unread 06-06-2007, 11:46 AM

Gas is put into your abdomen during surgery. It is really uncomfortable but it will subside; it just takes some time. You can try a laxative, but that might not do too much for bloating. A lot of doctors reccommend Colace. It is perfectly normal to have a hard time moving around right now. Take it easy and try not to go up stairs if you can avoid it. What you are going through, although not very comfortable to say the least, is perfectly normal and you WILL improve and you will be feeling better soon. Take care, Kate
Unread 06-06-2007, 07:47 PM

Hello again,
Things have been crazy for the last two months. I can't believe there is only 14 more days to go. Had my first pre-op today...doctor is convinced the final diagnosis will be adenomyosis. Should be interesting to see what they find. He is very optimistic/upbeat and so awesome. Told me to call him if I start to panic as it gets closer. It is so good to be able to read everything you all post and to know that none of us is going through this alone. Be prepared for lots of questions over the next 2 weeks!
Unread 06-08-2007, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIA143
Hi,

I live in southern Mass (Plymouth) and just had an abdominal hysterectomy 5 days ago. Got home from the hospital yesterday. I'm can't believe the amount of painful bloating in my abdomin. Can hardly move. Has anyone else experienced this? What works? I'm ready to try a laxative but a bit scared. Any ideas out there?
My doc prescribed me taking colace each day and recommended I not drink iced beverages as they cause gas! Also, although painful, you might want to try doing some mild bending exercises. The gas IS very painful... have you been able to have a bm yet? This can sometimes help, but it is very painful as well. One other thing my doctor recommended was Gas-X with every meal. Give them a call if you're not taking some sort of anti-gas remedy. I found that Gas-X worked very well for me. I had a minimal problem in this area, except for maybe the first day or two after I got home. Making sure to move around, especially (when you're sitting) lean side to side, helped me a lot. It will get better, but from what I"ve heard from all, and in my own experience, the gas pain is probably the worst part of it in the beginning.
Unread 06-08-2007, 03:32 PM

I was born in Westfield, grew up in Acton, and have lived in Tx for the last 28 years. I wish I could afford to live in MA! I still consider myself a new Englander! Send me some nice cool summer weather!
Jen
Unread 06-08-2007, 05:05 PM

Only if you send us some summer weather first!!! It hasn't really felt like summer yet.
Michelle
Unread 06-22-2007, 05:30 PM

Hi - new to this board and having TAH on July 6th. Live on the North Shore...just posted details under "new members" so I won't bore you here lol!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register